• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wizards Get Foye And Miller For 5th Pick

DJKadafi

• Premium Member
I like the move for the Wizards as well. This is a week draft and the 5th pick is a total crapshoot. Foye can play at least a little. He isn't a point guard so I can see why the Wolves want to go in a different direction but Foye may work in a backcourt with Arenas.

Washington is building Minnesota East.

Cassell, the other assistant Coach... Now Foye, Miller....

What will happen is that they will try to get Cassell to teach Foye to be a real PG and they will move Arenas to OG (SG). If Arenas comes back from injury stable, he's going to be very dangerous. He's Wade like in his ability to score. He attacks defenses. With Foye, Jamison and Butler, they will have a formidable team. Especially if Cassell can teach Foye how to wait and play on the perimeter defensively.

Their weakness will be defense. Especially on the perimeter. Heywood and McGee will hold down their middle though.

The general feel is that Blatche is a disappointment. They love McGee and will probably let him and Jamison run the C position. They would need a BU PF or maybe 2... however, those are easy to find for cheap. Can you say Solomon Jones... The key is that with Miller now on the books, why keep Stevenson. If Foye is their starting PG, then Agent 0 comes back as an OG... Miller backs up the SG and Sf position. That's really spot duty. So Stevenson's contract is no longer neccessary. Moreover, There's Nick Young who it seem like they liked. Reading on the Wiz, it seemed like their future lied with Young and McGee eventually working themselves into the starting lineup. Unless they have given up on that and are going to go after Amare, I don't see the benefit of staying this far over the cap for them.

Blatche is a bit of a dissapointment but he is still very young and on a very manageable longterm contract. He's going to take over backup PF duty especially with Songalia moved and has shown more talent and skill than Solo would ever dream to have in a game. Mcgee for all his promise is still very raw so I definetly believe they are going to move some of those excess wings for an established big. honestly with a lineup of

Gil/James/Critt

Foye/Young/Stevenson

Butler/Miller/McGuirre

Jamison/Blatche

Haywood/Mcgee

There is clearly alot of talent and money tied up in backup wing/point positions where they are 3 deep to begin with and have others that can play either position in a pinch. There definetly will be a move for a big as even with injuries they are to stacked at the wings to get everyone decent playing time.