• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Maybe woodys so called offense scheme can work next season!

JTB

Ok the draft is right around the corner and i was thinking........since woody isnt going anywhere we mine as well atleast try to draft players that work in his so called offense scheme which is nothing but isos. So with that said to my knowledge after watching the hawks this season and in the playoffs ive noticed certain things that could make us an elite team.

in order to be elite we must:

-watching the season and playoffs of the hawks it seems that in order to make woodys offense scheme successful you have to have players that can "create their own shot" and the only two i know that we have is johnson and flip.

-we need to draft a pg or sf who is capable of "creating their own shot" or lets just say making plays on the offense end. Bibby is not this type of pg he dont create for himself and never has had to until he got on the hawks. bibby is a pick n roll pg, he's not baron davis or somebody. As for marv, I have nothing against him and im not even sure if he cant create his own shot really, cause i have seen him do it. To me marv just doesnt show that aggressiveness that he has all the time.

-as for big men go i would like to see us draft bj mullens i think his athletism is going to take him along way in the nba. what i dont understand is why people want to trade smith so fast in a hurry and not horford. i mean really if horford did play the pf whos to say he's going to be a scorer. I mean we know smith is a scorer!hell he was our best player in the playoffs. but i guess im not to argue if we were to get bosh or amare i mean those 12 or 15 footers smith misses when hes open would surely be made by bosh or amare especially if they are open.

To all reader's I am begging you to please answer the question below and explain. Cause im a concerned hawk fan who wants this team to be better NOW!!!

So what players in the draft do you think will work in woody's offense? (Remember in order to work in woodys offense you have to be able to create your own shot and make plays. So who in the draft can create their own shot at the next level at the positions we need (pg,sf) cause i have no idea?)

Well it's rumored that Mike Woodson is very high on Wayne Ellington. He seems to like "how he [Ellington] carries himself". He can fit our system because he is a good shooter and can probably be one of the better options for a scorer off the bench but with this pick of the draft, I think better options will still be there. Point guards will still be available that can certainly help this team out more than a SG/SF could. The things that we needed coming into this offseason (after hopefully re-signing the key bench players in Marvin, Zaza, and Flip) were a future point guard, big man depth (David Anderson signing maybe?), and another scorer to help compliment Bibby, Flip, JJ, etc.

we already have a PG that's capable of creating his own shot as well as creating for others and for that reason.....woody refuses to play him.

That mean old Woody it's just because he doesn't like him, not because he doesn't produce offensively and can't finish in the paint and doesn't shoot well from 3 and doesn't run the offense the way it's supposed to be run or anything. I know I would play a PG that shot a blistering 37% from the floor, 31% from 3, and had an effective fg% of 37 on jumpshots while also locking it down with a negative 2.7 in NET PER48 compared to his opposing PG. Mean old Woody!

• Premium Member
That mean old Woody it's just because he doesn't like him, not because he doesn't produce offensively and can't finish in the paint and doesn't shoot well from 3 and doesn't run the offense the way it's supposed to be run or anything. I know I would play a PG that shot a blistering 37% from the floor, 31% from 3, and had an effective fg% of 37 on jumpshots while also locking it down with a negative 2.7 in NET PER48 compared to his opposing PG. Mean old Woody!

It's a conspiracy i tell ya! I'm still wondering where all of this 'Woody doesn't play Rookies' stuff comes from. Wasn't Horf a Rookie when he became our starting center? Heck, we FORCED Smoove into the starting line up as a Rookie at SG when he could do little else but dunk.

It's a conspiracy i tell ya! I'm still wondering where all of this 'Woody doesn't play Rookies' stuff comes from. Wasn't Horf a Rookie when he became our starting center? Heck, we FORCED Smoove into the starting line up as a Rookie at SG when he could do little else but dunk.

I know I don't get it either. If Woody thinks that you can produce he will play you into the ground we've all seen that. If he doesn't think you can play then he won't play you and we've all seen that too. Until a Woody "hated on" player goes on to do something (hell anything) for another team in the NBA I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt in his treatment of those players. And don't give me Diaw because Woody played him quite a bit and wanted more out of him, ironically the same thing that the Suns wanted from him last year before trading him.

Ok the draft is right around the corner and i was thinking........since woody isnt going anywhere we mine as well atleast try to draft players that work in his so called offense scheme which is nothing but isos. So with that said to my knowledge after watching the hawks this season and in the playoffs ive noticed certain things that could make us an elite team.

in order to be elite we must:

-watching the season and playoffs of the hawks it seems that in order to make woodys offense scheme successful you have to have players that can "create their own shot" and the only two i know that we have is johnson and flip.

-we need to draft a pg or sf who is capable of "creating their own shot" or lets just say making plays on the offense end. Bibby is not this type of pg he dont create for himself and never has had to until he got on the hawks. bibby is a pick n roll pg, he's not baron davis or somebody. As for marv, I have nothing against him and im not even sure if he cant create his own shot really, cause i have seen him do it. To me marv just doesnt show that aggressiveness that he has all the time.

-as for big men go i would like to see us draft bj mullens i think his athletism is going to take him along way in the nba. what i dont understand is why people want to trade smith so fast in a hurry and not horford. i mean really if horford did play the pf whos to say he's going to be a scorer. I mean we know smith is a scorer!hell he was our best player in the playoffs. but i guess im not to argue if we were to get bosh or amare i mean those 12 or 15 footers smith misses when hes open would surely be made by bosh or amare especially if they are open.

To all reader's I am begging you to please answer the question below and explain. Cause im a concerned hawk fan who wants this team to be better NOW!!!

So what players in the draft do you think will work in woody's offense? (Remember in order to work in woodys offense you have to be able to create your own shot and make plays. So who in the draft can create their own shot at the next level at the positions we need (pg,sf) cause i have no idea?)

To make Woody's "system" work they need a dynamic floor general who understands spacing and can direct his teammates on the court (since Woody doesn't know how to install an offense that does this).

Pefect point guard for the Hawks would be Crhis Paul.

Oh well.

• Moderators
I know I don't get it either. If Woody thinks that you can produce he will play you into the ground we've all seen that. If he doesn't think you can play then he won't play you and we've all seen that too. Until a Woody "hated on" player goes on to do something (hell anything) for another team in the NBA I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt in his treatment of those players. And don't give me Diaw because Woody played him quite a bit and wanted more out of him, ironically the same thing that the Suns wanted from him last year before trading him.

I think this is one of the unfair criticisms of Woodson. Now I do think that he has yo-yo'd Law and that Law's development would have been much better served by giving him a consistent role night to night even if it is a fairly limited role. But the idea that Woodson won't play productive young players hasn't been born out. He has played the guys who have become players in the league and most of the guys who have been stuck in his doghouse have washed out of the NBA so while I have my problems with Woodson, the across-the-board refusal to play young players isn't one of them.

I think this is one of the unfair criticisms of Woodson. Now I do think that he has yo-yo'd Law and that Law's development would have been much better served by giving him a consistent role night to night even if it is a fairly limited role. But the idea that Woodson won't play productive young players hasn't been born out. He has played the guys who have become players in the league and most of the guys who have been stuck in his doghouse have washed out of the NBA so while I have my problems with Woodson, the across-the-board refusal to play young players isn't one of them.

I agree that Acie should have (and still should) have a defined role and I'd still like to see that happen in Atlanta but I don't see it happening.

:hush:

• Premium Member
I agree that Acie should have (and still should) have a defined role and I'd still like to see that happen in Atlanta but I don't see it happening.

Agreed. Acie should have been given a more defined role this season. It's tough because Acie seems to be a victim of bad timing. If you look at the minutes Acie played during his Rookie year, it seemed that the team was committed to developing him. He even started some games for us early on. But once it became evident that we were in striking distance of the Playoffs, the team's goals changed and we picked up Bibby and Acie's minutes went down from there. Adding Flip this past season didn't help Acie either. It's unfortunate for Acie but that's how things go sometimes. I keep reading posts about how minutes should be 'given' to players but I honestly think those days are long gone. This is now a Playoff caliber team with a strong starting lineup and the only way to get minutes now is to earn them.