• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Iverson for pg (there is no need for a true pg cause woody doesnt know how to use them.)

JTB

Ok i know your like what the hell JTB but check this. We need somebody to create their own shot right and bibby isnt that type of player. I mean its not like bibby get a ton of assist or something.So why not try iverson out his assist are the same as bibby and on top of everything......since iverson is an outstanding scorer and can create his own shot, he fits right into woodsons offense. ISO's are all the hawks do with their backcourt and since it hasnt changed up to this point in woodys offense it probably wont as long as woody is the coach.

no iverson doesnt have a good history with the nuggets or the pistons but those teams needed an actual pg who can run a team and do pick n rolls, screens and all those other plays we dont do. All we do is run down the court and run iso through either johnson, bibby, or flip the rest of the players just stand there waiting to get the ball. why not do this with iverson.

we need a team of shot creaters in order to be elite. there is no need for a true pg cause woody doesnt know how to use them. check out this lineup:

pg:iverson

sg:johnson

sf: get a create your own shot player out the draft whoever that may be

pf:smith

C:horford

Call me crazy but its true. We would be better if we had iverson! Woody wouldnt know what to do with a cp3 type player cause he's going to keep running his iso offense so why not pick up A.I.

we need to trade joe and marvin straight up for al jefferson and the wolves 5th OR 6th pick

it sounds good then maybe we pick curry and were good but until then i say we get iverson cause i seriously doubt the asg will trade jj

Iverson doesn't work because he is a ball dominating guard who has never been an efficient shooter. He thrives on getting to the FT line but his advancing age has robbed him of that elite quickness and burst that he used to use. I rather just keep Flip as he is younger, taller, stronger and definetly cheaper than getting AI.

it sounds good then maybe we pick curry and were good but until then i say we get iverson cause i seriously doubt the asg will trade jj

If woody is only accustomed to iso type players, then why would you give up an iso player like joe for a post player like jefferson. Whats the point of getting jefferson if joe isnt here anyway. Most times, in order to be a good team you need a star gaurd and forward/center.

If woody is only accustomed to iso type players, then why would you give up an iso player like joe for a post player like jefferson. Whats the point of getting jefferson if joe isnt here anyway. Most times, in order to be a good team you need a star gaurd and forward/center.

true thats why i say if that was to happen we should sign curry with that draft pick and hope he becomes an good iso player in the nba.

I don't see anyone worth trading up for in the very top picks of the draft except Hasheem Thabeet. I don't think Curry is that much more special than Lawson or Teague. His stock seems to be soaring because of the recent interest from the New York Knicks IMO.

As for the Iverson idea, I think it wouldn't work. Even though Woodson runs that horrid Iso Joe offense, that offense requires for shooters to be ready at the perimeter if JJ drives and finds that he has to dish it out. That's why Bibby fits Woodson's offense so nicely.

I don't see anyone worth trading up for in the very top picks of the draft except Hasheem Thabeet. I don't think Curry is that much more special than Lawson or Teague. His stock seems to be soaring because of the recent interest from the New York Knicks IMO.

As for the Iverson idea, I think it wouldn't work. Even though Woodson runs that horrid Iso Joe offense, that offense requires for shooters to be ready at the perimeter if JJ drives and finds that he has to dish it out. That's why Bibby fits Woodson's offense so nicely.

ok i get what your sayin but you act like iverson cant hit a wide open shot. i mean yeah i know he isnt better than bibby when it comes to 3s but AI can hit them and its even more likely to drop if he's open. I will even say this I bet if we got AI all those double teams on JJ wouldnt happen as much cause they know not to let iverson iso against his defender all game and believe me iverson would love to be in a iso type offense. Hell he may pull more double teams than JJ and have to kick it out to him. An bibby does work in woodys offnse some what but heres a big diff in bibby and AI:When bibby shot is off he's not effective at all to this ball club but if AI shot is off he's going to start taking that ball to the goal and either convert or try to get on the free throw line but bibby on the other hand will just keep shooting and shooting trying to get going.

ok i get what your sayin but you act like iverson cant hit a wide open shot. i mean yeah i know he isnt better than bibby when it comes to 3s but AI can hit them and its even more likely to drop if he's open. I will even say this I bet if we got AI all those double teams on JJ wouldnt happen as much cause they know not to let iverson iso against his defender all game and believe me iverson would love to be in a iso type offense. Hell he may pull more double teams than JJ and have to kick it out to him. An bibby does work in woodys offnse some what but heres a big diff in bibby and AI:When bibby shot is off he's not effective at all to this ball club but if AI shot is off he's going to start taking that ball to the goal and either convert or try to get on the free throw line but bibby on the other hand will just keep shooting and shooting trying to get going.

Not only that, but Iverson is also a terrible influence in the locker-room. Did you read that article on ESPN about Chauncey Billups? I forget who wrote it, but it basically pointed out how Denver's young players like Carmelo and J.R. Smith were being negatively affected by Iverson's vibe in the locker room... for example, they'd always be out at night partying, showing up late in practices, etc. In a way, Atlanta is like that Denver team but even younger. Adding someone like Allen Iverson, someone many young players will look up to will not add anything close to a positive effect in the locker room. One head case (in Josh Smith) is enough.

I would not be saying this if Allen Iverson showed any bit of maturity as he got older or progressed through his career, but he hasn't. I can just point out the case when the Pistons wanted him to come off the bench, and he instantly came back at them by making a statement through the media saying that he would retire first before coming off the bench for any team. At least Bibby has shown maturity and good leadership throughout his career, and he certainly showed it in the series against Miami when he barked back at Mike Woodson (for something I forgot), yelled at Josh Smith to get his head in the game instead of constantly arguing the calls with the refs, and also he took some of the big shots in the regular season that Joe Johnson couldn't make (sometimes).

I'm not saying Bibby is the perfect PG for this team. He is a good fit for this offense but everyone knows how terrible of a defender he is, and when your'e playing under a defensive-minded coach like Woodson, it would certainly help the team out if you can actually play D. Allen Iverson is just a scoring ball-hog at this point of his career, there are much better and probably cheaper options out there (Ramon Sessions maybe and certainly in the draft).

• Moderators
Not only that, but Iverson is also a terrible influence in the locker-room. Did you read that article on ESPN about Chauncey Billups? I forget who wrote it, but it basically pointed out how Denver's young players like Carmelo and J.R. Smith were being negatively affected by Iverson's vibe in the locker room... for example, they'd always be out at night partying, showing up late in practices, etc. In a way, Atlanta is like that Denver team but even younger. Adding someone like Allen Iverson, someone many young players will look up to will not add anything close to a positive effect in the locker room. One head case (in Josh Smith) is enough.

I would not be saying this if Allen Iverson showed any bit of maturity as he got older or progressed through his career, but he hasn't. I can just point out the case when the Pistons wanted him to come off the bench, and he instantly came back at them by making a statement through the media saying that he would retire first before coming off the bench for any team. At least Bibby has shown maturity and good leadership throughout his career, and he certainly showed it in the series against Miami when he barked back at Mike Woodson (for something I forgot), yelled at Josh Smith to get his head in the game instead of constantly arguing the calls with the refs, and also he took some of the big shots in the regular season that Joe Johnson couldn't make (sometimes).

I'm not saying Bibby is the perfect PG for this team. He is a good fit for this offense but everyone knows how terrible of a defender he is, and when your'e playing under a defensive-minded coach like Woodson, it would certainly help the team out if you can actually play D. Allen Iverson is just a scoring ball-hog at this point of his career, there are much better and probably cheaper options out there (Ramon Sessions maybe and certainly in the draft).

Quoted for truth, although I think Sessions is as good as resigned after the Jefferson trade.

Quoted for truth, although I think Sessions is as good as resigned after the Jefferson trade.

Not that I read too much into what ESPN says but they're claiming that the Bucks will target a PG in the draft and that Charlie V. is who they were trying to free up money to sign and not Sessions and that was based on their idea that they only brought in 1 PF for a workout during the draft process. Not that Milwaukee won't give away a solid PG but I'd have to seriously question Sessions if Milwaukee is preferring to go with a rookie PG picked from a backup PG draft to be their starter.

• Moderators
Not that I read too much into what ESPN says but they're claiming that the Bucks will target a PG in the draft and that Charlie V. is who they were trying to free up money to sign and not Sessions and that was based on their idea that they only brought in 1 PF for a workout during the draft process. Not that Milwaukee won't give away a solid PG but I'd have to seriously question Sessions if Milwaukee is preferring to go with a rookie PG picked from a backup PG draft to be their starter.

The good news is that we should have some pretty clear direction on that after tomorrow. I am skeptical they let Sessions go after they added Amir Johnson but we'll see.