• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

David Aldridge thinks this is to replace Bibby

Admin

I don't know if this is speculation or not but it's odd that he has a salary figure that we're willing to pay if it's just speculation.

The Golden State Warriors dealt with their troubled backcourt situation Wednesday by agreeing to deal guard Jamal Crawford to the Atlanta Hawks for guards Acie Law and Speedy Claxton, according to a league source.

The move solidifies the Hawks at a position where Atlanta had a potential problem this coming offseason, with incumbent Mike Bibby entering free agency.

The Hawks were leery about being able to re-sign Bibby this summer, expecting him to get an offer in excess of $7 million per year-more than they're willing to pay. Bringing in Crawford alleviates that potential problem.

Crawford can give the Hawks consistent backcourt offense, which will ease pressure on Joe Johnson.

The trade was first reported by ESPN.

Crawford, acquired from the Knicks last season in the Al Harrington deal, quickly fell out of favor with Warriors Coach Don Nelson. By the end of the season, Nelson demanded that Crawford exercise his out clause in his contract and become a free agent, or expect to be traded.

Crawford didn't mind being traded, as long as it was to a winning team.

Law, the 12th pick overall in 2007, never broke into Mike Woodson's rotation in two seasons in Atlanta.

The Warriors are expected to waive Claxton, who has been slowed by injuries in recent years.

Wow. Waiving Claxton, huh?

Must be nice to have deep pockets like that. And I think that might also put an end to the speculation that insurance was going to cover 80% of his salary next year otherwise they could have dealt him someplace else.

Wow. Waiving Claxton, huh?

It has to be true, everything in that excerpt is 100% true (note: Acie 12th pick in the draft, duh!).

...man these reporters have been screwing up left and right lately. Sekou, Lang, Ford, Aldridge. With that said, I will put my opinion in that this is just complete speculation based on absolutely nothing.

Must be nice to have deep pockets like that. And I think that might also put an end to the speculation that insurance was going to cover 80% of his salary next year otherwise they could have dealt him someplace else.

More likely Aldridge doesn't know what he is talking about. Insurance definitely covered 80% of the contract. However, one way Aldridge might be right that GS would waive him would imply that Speedy is healthy. If Speedy is healthy then of course insurance won't cover it and it does give incentive for GS to waive him. But even in that scenario, an expiring contract is pretty valuable so I've just argued in a circle back to saying that more than likely, Aldridge doesn't know what he is talking about.