• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Hinting They Won't Re-Sign Bibby?

GameTime

If the Hawks do in fact acquire Jamal Crawford, it could spell the end for Mike Bibby in Atlanta.

A source close to Bibby told ESPN on Thursday night that the team's management has sent signals that they won't re-sign the point guard this summer.

Trading for Crawford won't keep the Hawks from drafting a point guard in Thursday night's NBA Draft. Atlanta is reportedly looking at Brandon Jennings, Eric Maynor and Jeff Teague.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/i...raftBuzz-090625

That might be part of the same thing that David Aldridge heard about the Hawks thinking that Bibby wants more than the 7 million max that they'd be willing to pay him. I guarantee that if he'd take 7 million and 2-3 years that the Hawks would re-sign him. Anything more and adios Bibby.

Letting Bibby go is a gamble because we sukkked without him and he hit some big shots. However almost every rumor we have heard for the last month said the Hawks were looking elsewhere because Bibby was asking for a long term deal with big money. Ive said it before that you know Sund and Bibbys agent had to have talked extension while he was here so Sund had a good idea of what Bibby wants. I also think it may be a sign that the deal for Crawford went down right after Mil cleared enough cap space to match on Sessions who Sund was rumoured to be after.

If the Hawks do in fact acquire Jamal Crawford, it could spell the end for Mike Bibby in Atlanta.

A source close to Bibby told ESPN on Thursday night that the team's management has sent signals that they won't re-sign the point guard this summer.

Trading for Crawford won't keep the Hawks from drafting a point guard in Thursday night's NBA Draft. Atlanta is reportedly looking at Brandon Jennings, Eric Maynor and Jeff Teague.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/i...raftBuzz-090625

It just makes too much sense to be true...

Either we won't do it or somehow they'll all be gone on top of Lawson, Flynn, etc.

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

Another rookie point guard in Woody's offense? Will Woody even play him or be on the bench ? I'd like a vet point guard and a big at 19.

I think that Woody would play a rookie PG if he played the way that he wanted ... but it's not a gamble I'm anxious to make unless it's a player that I've heard Woody gushing over and I think he feels that way about Lawson but I can't remember.

Still though I'm with you, give me a vet PG and a big at 19.

If this is true, then that means that Jamal or Flip will be our starting PG. Because if we don't re-sign Bibby, surely we're going to keep Flip? Right?

Is this REALLY what people wanted?

You REALLY think a rookie PG taken in the lower part of the draft, is good enough to run a playoff team as a starter?

Fug . . we may have to bring Lue or AJ back here forreal.

Yeap I sure do.. and the only REAL BIG'S in this draft are: Thabett(spelling) and Mullens(who will be a bust as well).. Guys like Blair who is an over weight midget, with two bad knees. And Hansborough will not dominate, like he did in college. I hope someone reaches, and picks both of them ...

Edited by jsmoovefan

• Premium Member
If this is true, then that means that Jamal or Flip will be our starting PG. Because if we don't re-sign Bibby, surely we're going to keep Flip? Right?

Is this REALLY what people wanted?

You REALLY think a rookie PG taken in the lower part of the draft, is good enough to run a playoff team as a starter?

Rondo did in his second year.

Besides, it's not like we ask much of our PGs. We play at one of the slower paces in the league, and we don't run plays outside of isolations.

All we need out of the PG position is someone who can hit open shots and play good defense... A guard platoon of Jamal Crawford, Rookie PG, JJ, and Flip is an improvement over last year IMO.

that's funny. this came from espn's insider, yet chad ford's mock draft v.7billion updated at 2:45 pm with "all the latest info they are hearing" has us picking up lawson (which i would actually prefer), with teague getting picked up by dallas later in round 1.

that's funny. this came from espn's insider, yet chad ford's mock draft v.7billion updated at 2:45 pm with "all the latest info they are hearing" has us picking up lawson (which i would actually prefer), with teague getting picked up by dallas later in round 1.

Yeah I think that most of us would be ok with Lawson, although I can honestly say I'm hoping we end up with Hansbrough (or another tough PF) now I believe.

:sad:

A "new" PG that can stand around and watch the iso. JJ?

Gee. That shouldn't be too hard to find - - And, at a good price too!!

That's our "main" offense. Anything else is an accident.

:no-no: