• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jamal Crawford may get Woody fired

TheNorthCydeRises

• Premium Member
That's a huge benefit of playing with Joe, who draws double-teams AND can pass out of them with some great skill. I would bet that Jamal Crawford's TS/eFG go up this season too.

If Crawford's %'s improve only half of what Flip's did, then he'll be in the same category as Leandro Barbosa, John Salmons, and Eric Gordon statistically.

Sounds exactly what you want from your 6th man. Let's hope that Sund is right.

I agree . . Kaman or Camby. I'd take either one.

I mean ish . . one of the mocks had us taking Jodie Meeks in the 2nd round. He looked like a superstar at Kentucky at times. But he's nothing but a one-dimensional player. But if he can consistently knock down shots, I'd rather have a guy like that, than Crawford.

I guess it's a first for everything Hot. This is the first time that I've ever agreed with every word you've said on this board. Every single last word.

On the brightside, it's awesome on NBA2k.

Has Crawford ever played behind/beside a Joe/Smith quality tandem?

Well, let's think about that last question. While not extraordinary, Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington, Corey Magette and Andris Biedrins aren't exactly chopped liver. I don't know how many times that entire lineup was actually together, but certainly (in theory) that combo isn't far below Joe, Smith, Horford, and Marvin.

But I think to say he's never played alongside talented teammates is not necessarily true.

Well, let's think about that last question. While not extraordinary, Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington, Corey Magette and Andris Biedrins aren't exactly chopped liver. I don't know how many times that entire lineup was actually together, but certainly (in theory) that combo isn't far below Joe, Smith, Horford, and Marvin.

But I think to say he's never played alongside talented teammates is not necessarily true.

I don't think that combo ever played together -- he was traded for Harrington, IIRC. I still don't think he's ever played on a team as good as the Hawks. Whether or not you think he's at fault for that is another story :)

Flip's career high TS was .497 before last season. It was .543 under Woodson.

Flip's career high eFG was .462 before last season. It was. .501 under Woodson.

Jamal's career high TS (1000+ minutes) is .545. His career high eFg is .483.

^^^This is why I'm not panning the trade yet. I want to see how well he fits under Woody ball.

I mean damn . . even Salim in his rookie year, in which he played 1200 minutes, had a TS% of .545 and an eFG% of .497

Those percentages didn't mean anything though, because Salim was HIGHLY INCONSISTENT as a shooter. The same goes for JC.

What JC will do, is give you a tremendous game one night, and flat out stink it up the next.

This stretch of 8 games he had last December, is typical Jamal.

vs HOU ( 4 points . . . 1 - 7 FG ) . .0 - 2 3FG . . 2 - 2 FT

@ DEN ( 25 points . . 11 - 19 FG ) . . 0 - 4 3FG . . 3 - 3 FT

vs ORL ( 16 points . . 6 - 17 FG) . . 1 - 6 3FG . . 3- 3 FT

@ INDY ( 29 points . . 11 - 26 FG ) . . 4 - 11 3FG . . 3 - 4 FT

@ ATL ( 6 points . . 3 - 15 FG ) . . 0 - 4 3FG . . 0 - 0 FT

@ CHA ( 50 poings . . 14 - 26 FG ) . . 5 - 8 3FG . . 17 - 18 FT

@ ORL ( 18 points . . 7 - 21 FG ) . . 2 - 4 3FG . . 1 - 2 FT

vs LAL ( 22 points . . 7 - 12 FG ) . . 6 - 6 FT

Total: 170 total points ( 21.3 ppg) . . . 60 - 143 FG ( 42% FG ) . . 15 - 45 3FG ( 33% ) . . 40 - 43 FT ( 93% )

( check my math )

eFG% formula: [FG + (0.5 * 3FGM)] / FGA

[ 60 + (0.5 * 15)] / 143

[ 60 + 7.5 ] / 143

67/143

eFG% = .469

TS% forumla: pts / [ 2 * ( FGA + 0.44 * FTA )]

170 / [ 2 * ( 143 + 18.92 )]

170 / [ 2 * 161.92 ]

170 / [ 323.84 ]

TS% = .525

So you look at his stats, and he averaged over 21 ppg . . with a 47% eFG and a TS of 52.5%

But when you look at the actual games, what do you see?

- 1 GREAT game, in which he not only shot the ball very well, but also got to the line 18 times

- 2 games in which he shot over 50% FG

- 1 medioicre game in which he shot around what he normally shoots as a player ( 42% )

- and 4 games in which he shot 35% or lower, including 2 games in which he shot 20% or less.

When I first was looking at this, I was merely going to see what Jamal shot after he had that 50 point game. But then I looked at the games around the 50 point game, and just shook my head.

Like I said . . if Woody can turn this guy into a consistent player, I'm moving him into the top 10 in coaches . . and NO ONE on Hawksquawk bet not ever say that he's a horrible coach ever again that doesn't develop players.

I mean damn . . even Salim in his rookie year, in which he played 1200 minutes, had a TS% of .545 and an eFG% of .497

Those percentages didn't mean anything though, because Salim was HIGHLY INCONSISTENT as a shooter. The same goes for JC.

What JC will do, is give you a tremendous game one night, and flat out stink it up the next.

Kind of like Joe and Smith, huh?

LOL @ comparing Crawford to Salim. Crawford averaged 19.7 ppg last season. He can routinely create his own shots which Salim can't do. Salim hasn't even proven to be a legit NBA player.

Yeah Crawford is a chucker but so is Flip only Flip hasn't been good at it historically, until he came here. Crawford has never played with as much talent as the Hawks have now. He has always played on crap teams.

The Hawks traded the spare change in their couch and got a 20 ppg scorer. I don't see how that can be seen in such a negative light.

Edited by exodus