• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wrong pick! We didn't need another scorer

capstone21

woodson needs to give us a reason to get off his back and he hasn't given us one yet. he should have been fired years ago.

Atlanta Hawks 47-35

With injuries to Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Al Horford, Marvin Williams for a good part of the season.

I'm not a big fan of Woodson, but I think he deserves more credit than he is getting. I am willing to give Woodson a shot as long as he plays his bench! Can't believe I said that.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Atlanta Hawks 47-35

With injuries to Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Al Horford, Marvin Williams for a good part of the season.

I'm not a big fan of Woodson, but I think he deserves more credit than he is getting. I am willing to give Woodson a shot as long as he plays his bench! Can't believe I said that.

This team only won 47 games because the rest of the east was terrible.

• Premium Member

I've heard him described as a young Bibby... if you recall, Bibby was also a score-first PG @ Arizona. If that was part of the thought-process here, it at least seems coherent.

Yes, we need a strong on-the-ball defender at the point, but I think Collison is the only guy I would have considered to fill that void, and it would have been deemed a bit of a reach to take him @ 19... so the only alternative would ahve been to trade down.

Still, at his age and with his body/wingspan, Teague may have it within his grasp to develop into a good defender.

Does this pick ensure that Bibby won't be back? I'm sure I'm not the first to ask the question. I don't think so. This team can't possibly feel confident about taking the next step with a rookie and Crawford alternating at point.

• Moderators

How does Teague get minutes with Crawford in front of him? Are we committing to play with no true PG or defensive players other than JJ? Where are the minutes coming from.

We played very well against the West teams. We beat all of the West teams at least once except the Spurs and someone else.

The playoff performance speaks for how terrible this team is. This team won a lot of games playing really bad basketball. Beating a team once does mean anything. They beat Cleveland once in the regular season and got stomped by them in the playoffs. It means nothing. To advance in the playoffs the actually quality of play has to pick up.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators
Does this pick ensure that Bibby won't be back? I'm sure I'm not the first to ask the question. I don't think so. This team can't possibly feel confident about taking the next step with a rookie and Crawford alternating at point.

If so, this team is taking Teague to sit and develop him. There are no minutes for him if JJ, Bibby and Crawford are in front of him.

If so, this team is taking Teague to sit and develop him. There are no minutes for him if JJ, Bibby and Crawford are in front of him.

s***, I'm going to sound like a hypocrite here... but the thought of Woodson "developing" a point guard makes me cringe.

• Premium Member

Probably the case. He is now the younger version of Acie.

But I'm not sure there was any better alternative unless you wanted to go big with Blair... but it's hard to turn down an opportunity to draft a PG in a draft considered so uncommonly deep at that position. The fate was probably sealed when the #19 wasn't part of a trade.

• Premium Member
Why didn't we pick Maynor? His stats are so much better than Teague's and he has more college experience and more size. I dont get it.

Just my opinion, but I think that while Maynor may project to be ahead of Teague in the very short term, Teague has a much higher ceiling... potentially even Stephen Curry kind of ceiling, depending on who's talking about him.

Edited by sturt

• Premium Member
I like how Bilas described him as a guy that he hasn't seen anyone be able to guard him or stay in front of him. He looked like a pretty solid passer in the videos they showed also and with that huge wingspan he fits in the mold of long and athletic.

The Hawks done good!!!!!!

• Premium Member
How does Teague get minutes with Crawford in front of him? Are we committing to play with no true PG or defensive players other than JJ? Where are the minutes coming from.

Maybe because the only people that see Crawford as a PG is fans...

Crawford is a SG.

The playoff performance speaks for how terrible this team is. This team won a lot of games playing really bad basketball. Beating a team once does mean anything. They beat Cleveland once in the regular season and got stomped by them in the playoffs. It means nothing. To advance in the playoffs the actually quality of play has to pick up.

Agreed, this team will always have that word POTENTIAL but it doesn't have the right pieces. You win in the playoffs with front court has the main scorers. Our front court got whipped up on vs Cleveland and I wonder if the previous year vs Boston if that wasn't a mirage? The Hawks have no passing point guard and will get beat up in the front court vs better teams.

I would have taken Blair or Mullens and got back in the top 2nd to draft a point to develop. I hate the Pacers once again they have taken a player in Hansbrough I wanted the Hawks to take. TH will be a pain to every team to go against. Teague reminds me of Jason Terry hope I am wrong.

Ty Lawson was the right pick, but he wasn't available.

As far as guys on the clock, we made the right pick. Teague is not as NBA ready as Maynor, but he has too much upside to ignore. We should have learned about passing on the last PG out of Wake Forest.

Teague is not a pure passer, but you can't pass on him. Without Lawson, you have to just hope that Teague can be the guy because it's too much upside to pass up on