• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wrong pick! We didn't need another scorer

capstone21

Ty Lawson was the right pick, but he wasn't available.

As far as guys on the clock, we made the right pick. Teague is not as NBA ready as Maynor, but he has too much upside to ignore. We should have learned about passing on the last PG out of Wake Forest.

Teague is not a pure passer, but you can't pass on him. Without Lawson, you have to just hope that Teague can be the guy because it's too much upside to pass up on

upside means development. Development.........Woody......... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

upside means development. Development.........Woody......... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I know, Minnesota screwed us

Teague is not a bad pick at all. He's got a bright future. But it's like losing out on a perfect 10 girl and having to settle for a 7. Sure 7 is above average, but compared to the 10, it just diminishes it so much.

Guest Walter
He also doesn't move well without the ball. By move well I mean move at all. He also DISAPPEARED off the face of the planet when the team needed him the most in the postseason. After watching every minute he played the past two years, I didn't want him on my NBA team.

But, he is a Hawk now and I will root for him and the team do well.

I too am unimpressed. However I only watched him late in the season. He wasn't much of an impact then. I don't know what more to expect as I did not like Maynor much either and it appears we were going Pg. Why not trade up for Law, Jennings? Mullens would have been my pick.

Now, trade up for Blair?

W

I see Teague as a guy who can drive the ball...something Bibby has not done very well. Now the next thing we need is a big guy!!!

The question is, will they ask him to drive the ball a lot, or will they ask him to hang around the perimeter ready to catch and shoot?

I've heard him described as a young Bibby... if you recall, Bibby was also a score-first PG @ Arizona. If that was part of the thought-process here, it at least seems coherent.

Yes, we need a strong on-the-ball defender at the point, but I think Collison is the only guy I would have considered to fill that void, and it would have been deemed a bit of a reach to take him @ 19... so the only alternative would ahve been to trade down.

Still, at his age and with his body/wingspan, Teague may have it within his grasp to develop into a good defender.

Does this pick ensure that Bibby won't be back? I'm sure I'm not the first to ask the question. I don't think so. This team can't possibly feel confident about taking the next step with a rookie and Crawford alternating at point.

Bibby was a scoring point guard, but Bibby has always been a perimeter oriented point guard. He's never been a dribble penetrate type of player. That's the big differences between the two.

I know, Minnesota screwed us

Teague is not a bad pick at all. He's got a bright future. But it's like losing out on a perfect 10 girl and having to settle for a 7. Sure 7 is above average, but compared to the 10, it just diminishes it so much.

yeah it makes no sense but at the same time I don't expect much out of Rubio and Lawson so I expect Flynn to be the top guy there. They can still trade one of them

The question is, will they ask him to drive the ball a lot, or will they ask him to hang around the perimeter ready to catch and shoot?

Bibby was a scoring point guard, but Bibby has always been a perimeter oriented point guard. He's never been a dribble penetrate type of player. That's the big differences between the two.

no Bibby was a shooting PG not a scoring PG. When I think of scorer I think of somebody that just knows how to put the ball in the hoop,no matter what. If Bibby isn't shooting a jumper he'd be lucky to average 5 PPG.

Edited by Cwell

no Bibby was a shooting PG not a scoring PG. When I think of scorer I think of somebody that just knows how to put the ball in the hoop,no matter what. If Bibby isn't shooting a jumper he'd be lucky to average 5 PPG.

How old are you?? Bibby was terrific at scoring in the paint when he was in college and his early years in the NBA.

How old are you?? Bibby was terrific at scoring in the paint when he was in college and his early years in the NBA.

last time I checked Bibby didn't become a Hawk until two years ago. and that's what this is all about. We are comparing our new young PG to the PG we had starting last year and that guy was just a shooter. I know all about Bibby, was a big fan of his when he was a King. I rooted hard for the Kings when they were facing the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals a few years back.

nevermind, I see that he said a young Bibby

Edited by Cwell

I love how the Squawk will complain no matter what.

The Hawks needed a PG. They drafted one. It should feel refreshing as a fan.

It's the circumstances that led to it though and you know it.

If you told me going into this draft we would get Teague I would be ecstatic

But if you told me Ty Lawson would get past the Sixers and the only reason he didn't become a Hawk is because a freaking team decided to draft 3 PGs, that's a different story.

It's what happened before the pick that makes it stink. But in time, I think we all will get excited about this pick, if nothing else because of this kid's freakish athleticism

Yep. We don't win. Everyone else loses.

Just stop.

Do you think this team plays a good quality basketball? Is that why they averaged 84PPG in the playoffs? Is that why they BARELY go t by a one player (That wasn't evne healthy) team in Miami? One of the worst FT shooting teams in the league. Poor rebounding.

yeah, they won a so so 47 games in a weak conference because Woody is a worthy coach. lol

Do you think this team plays a good quality basketball? Is that why they averaged 84PPG in the playoffs? Is that why they BARELY go t by a one player (That wasn't evne healthy) team in Miami? One of the worst FT shooting teams in the league. Poor rebounding.

yeah, they won a so so 47 games in a weak conference because Woody is a worthy coach. lol

Hots you're a likeable guy. Nobody else knows that about you but I do via our PM discussions.

Sorry I let the cat out of the bag.

I have to challenge you though right here and now. I'm calling your manhood out.

Are you ready?

I challenge you to say something positive about the Hawks 1 time no matter how many times you post about the team each day.

I know it's tough but you can do it.

• Moderators
Maybe because the only people that see Crawford as a PG is fans...

Crawford is a SG.

It is almost impossible to trade Marvin and I don't buy us moving JJ to SF. (Marvin's PER was as high as Crawford's and he is a superior defender.)

Hots you're a likeable guy. Nobody else knows that about you but I do via our PM discussions.

I have to challenge you though right here and now. I'm calling your manhood out.

Are you ready?

I challenge you to say something positive about the Hawks 1 time no matter how many times you post about the team each day.

How do you say good things about guys that keep messing up? When this team starts making an effort to be elite I will say good things. I don't believe they've tried hard enough. There has been some bad luck. Everything can't be helped. But instead of one of the top PG's in the league they got an expendable tweener. Drafting Shelden. The playoff promise. The lack of filling the center spot. It's frustrating because this team could be up there with the elite right now.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators
I love how the Squawk will complain no matter what.

The Hawks needed a PG. They drafted one. It should feel refreshing as a fan.

They traded for their second scoring wing and then drafted an iso scorer.

I like both. I don't like them together.

Edited by AHF

Are you ready?

They got rid of Speedy! :beer: