• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wrong pick! We didn't need another scorer

capstone21

It is almost impossible to trade Marvin and I don't buy us moving JJ to SF. (Marvin's PER was as high as Crawford's and he is a superior defender.)

Yep, we are keeping the roster intact. We need to bring Chillz and Andersen over the ocean as well.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, this team will always have that word POTENTIAL but it doesn't have the right pieces. You win in the playoffs with front court has the main scorers. Our front court got whipped up on vs Cleveland and I wonder if the previous year vs Boston if that wasn't a mirage? The Hawks have no passing point guard and will get beat up in the front court vs better teams.

I would have taken Blair or Mullens and got back in the top 2nd to draft a point to develop. I hate the Pacers once again they have taken a player in Hansbrough I wanted the Hawks to take. TH will be a pain to every team to go against. Teague reminds me of Jason Terry hope I am wrong.

Man, we should be so lucky that we take the SEVENTH PG taken in the first round and he turns out to be JT. If Teague becomes as good as JT and we keep the core together, we will be on the way to something special. I've always thought that JT would be a great backcourt mate for JJ. I think Teague may be a year or two away from being a significant contributor but we could have a nice player in a few years. I sure hope he becomes JT.

Man, we should be so lucky that we take the SEVENTH PG taken in the first round and he turns out to be JT. If Teague becomes as good as JT and we keep the core together, we will be on the way to something special. I've always thought that JT would be a great backcourt mate for JJ. I think Teague may be a year or two away from being a significant contributor but we could have a nice player in a few years. I sure hope he becomes JT.

What I mean is if the Hawks build around JJ then we have a point who looks to score first pass second. I wanted Hansbrough but no use crying over spilled milk. TH we'll hate to see on the floor because he'll outhustle, get the big rebounds and find ways to score that our front court could get embarassed in terms of hustle. It will be interesting to see how Teague develops. Most Hawks picks don't live up to the hype. We must have one of the worst scouting staffs in the league. A team like the Lakers,Utah always seem to find gems and the Hawks seem to screw up taking the wrong player,

woody's offense is useless to a real pg

Oh my goodness thankyou. Somebody besides myself finally realizes that!!!!!!!!!!............We have a winner folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hots you're a likeable guy. Nobody else knows that about you but I do via our PM discussions.

Sorry I let the cat out of the bag.

I have to challenge you though right here and now. I'm calling your manhood out.

Are you ready?

I challenge you to say something positive about the Hawks 1 time no matter how many times you post about the team each day.

I know it's tough but you can do it.

I suspect your manhood right after I read likeable guy.

Yep, we are keeping the roster intact. We need to bring Chillz and Andersen over the ocean as well.

I highly doubt we have enough money to resign:

Marvin Williams

Josh Childress

Zaza Pachulia

David Andersen

Flip Murray

Mike Bibby?

If we do, I really like our team, but I'm sure it won't happen...

PG: Bibby / Teague

SG: Johnson / Crawford / Flip

SF: Williams / Childress / Evans

PF: Smith

C: Horford / Pachulia / Andersen / Morris

...that's basically a 12-man rotation right there, haha.

Teague was the right pick period.. We finally got it right..

I agree, most of us wanted Lawson. But he was gone so Teague was the right pick for us.

I love how the Squawk will complain no matter what.

The Hawks needed a PG. They drafted one. It should feel refreshing as a fan.

It does, it seems like this team is on the right track.

Teague is ok, but I think Sund has fallen for the "we need a pg" crowd. This move doesn't move us past the Top 3 now or 3 years from now. It is a wasted pick for next year.

We are competing for more than next year. And given who was left, there really was no other way to go.

The way I see it, if you're looking 2-3 years from now the future looks even brighter considering the upside of Teague.

Let's talk about the Big 3 in the East.

Cleveland may only have one more year left with Lebron. And even if he somehow stays, Shaq, and Big Z are both old. THey will have to rebuild in the front court.

They of course the entire Big 3 of Boston is aging.

So really it could be between us and Orlando in the future. And if you look at how we match up position by position with them, with the exception of Horford vs Howard which is decisively in the favor of the Magic, we have more potential at every other position.

I agree, most of us wanted Lawson. But he was gone so Teague was the right pick for us.

It does, it seems like this team is on the right track.

Is Teague really a point guard? I am not sure. If he were 6'5" there is no question he would be considered a shooting guard.

Anyway, lets hope for the best. He will need a year or more to develop his game. He should look fantastic in summer league though.

Is Teague really a point guard? I am not sure. If he were 6'5" there is no question he would be considered a shooting guard.

Anyway, lets hope for the best. He will need a year or more to develop his game. He should look fantastic in summer league though.

Yes...he will probably light the summer league up. I like the pick. He was the best player available and also the best PG available. Tell you if DeJuan Blair wold have dropped in our laps in the 2nd it would have been a perfect night! Damn Spurs! I think they got the Boozer/Big Baby of the 2nd round. But still getting Sergiy Gladyr is not a huge reach.

I like our draft and Teague a lot!

Teague is ok, but I think Sund has fallen for the "we need a pg" crowd. This move doesn't move us past the Top 3 now or 3 years from now. It is a wasted pick for next year.

Any time you say something like this, you also have to say what you would have done with the pick if it was up to you.

Who would you have picked?

Teague should dominate Summer League. It will be exciting if he gets to go up against some of the tons of other PGs that were drafted.

If we play in the Jazz Summer league he will at least go up against Maynor. I'd love to see him go up against some of those guys that were taken ahead of him

Is he a PG? The thing about Teague is he has point guard potential. He has the quickness to be an NBA PG, and the thing about the guy is it seems like he has a great work ethic, so the decision making that he needs to work on, I feel like he's going to put in the work to do it.

He's kind of like Josh Smith right now in the fact that he will make the spectacular play and the boneheaded one. But he's a lot more coachable than Josh and more willing to put in the work to improve his deficiencies. I think without question he is a PG 2-3 years from now.

It all depends on what you really want out of your point guard. If you are a team like us or the Lakers, yes he is a point guard because you are looking for more of a scorer than a distributor. I do agree though I'm expecting him to be the star of the summer league.

He;s got the skills, just used them in a different way in college.

Have to raise the question if Woody's last year of his contract will alter the way he coaches and if so . . . . . in a good way or bad.

There has to be discussion with Sund about the iso Joe offense and the number of minutes he's played.