Robert Swift is out there....

Diesel

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO!

I don't want to see that gangly red haired bastard in a Hawks uniform. Cheap or not, the kid is a stiff, and an ugly one with a bad tat.

What's wrong with being ugly. You are an "ugly racist / uglyist". Plenty of ugly players went to the hall of fame. One ugly dude even had Madonna. Sund loves big stiffs. Adjust the color codings of you sunglasses.

• Premium Member
Swift is 7'1 270 pounds can run the floor, rebound and block shots.

Too not get because of the way he looks is borderline insane.

Dude was an McDonald's All American. Has good footwork. Is a big and can block shots. If we can get him for 1 or 2 Million per... and not sign him to a long contract, we should jump all over it. I hope other GM's think like the guy who said he's ugly. SFingW? ANd? Dude is the big that can come in play 10 mpg and add some rebounds and defense.

Dude never went to college and he's only 23. Put him and Horf in a big man camp... Hire a good Big man coach... and let's go to town!!!

• Premium Member
I don't know, he has been in the league since 04 and hasn't done a damn thing.

He's had some injuries.

Plus He's never been coached fundamentals. It was too much too soon then he was forgotten on the bench.

However, I think he can be a BU BU C.

In fact, I would like to see him playing 10-12 mpg for us. Especially when we play against Bigs like Shaq and Howard.

• Premium Member
He's marginally better than Solo, if that.

Lateral move.

But he's a real 7 footer though.. And he's cheap. And only 23... (doesn't this Marvin excuse work for anybody else??)... He's only 23?

• Moderators
But he's a real 7 footer though.. And he's cheap. And only 23... (doesn't this Marvin excuse work for anybody else??)... He's only 23?

I agree with Diesel on this. I'd much rather take a shot at Swift late blooming on a minimum contract than have an easily replaceable wing like Gardner on the end of our bench. Swift has shown some flashes in the past and his age is definitely a plus.

Has he improved every season in the NBA?

LOL...the answer is no. But I am with Diesel and AHF on this. Better to have a potential BU defensive center on the bench than a marginal wing.