• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

what kind of offense is our team truly built for?

drzachary

Just curious as to how people see our players truly utilized under a real offensive system..

For example:

Triangle: Horford's development would be the key here. He'd need to develop some serious, reliable back to the basket moves, but he's already a great passer for a big man, which is huge in the triangle. Your dominant guard is Joe and your second guard that can hurt you if you collapse in the paint is Bibby. I don't think Josh Smith figures much in this offense, except on breaks and garbage points.

Any other thoughts?

Just curious as to how people see our players truly utilized under a real offensive system..

For example:

Triangle: Horford's development would be the key here. He'd need to develop some serious, reliable back to the basket moves, but he's already a great passer for a big man, which is huge in the triangle. Your dominant guard is Joe and your second guard that can hurt you if you collapse in the paint is Bibby. I don't think Josh Smith figures much in this offense, except on breaks and garbage points.

Any other thoughts?

It seems like Sund's plan is to have a team of really good one-on-one players for Mike Woodson's "isolation" offense. Think about it, now, instead of just iso plays for JJ, they can have iso plays for Crawford and Teague. Should be fantastic with so many pieces that fit the scheme the Hawks are running.

:sad:

The triangle could work w/ this roster, but you are right Smith doesn't fit.

Since we do have Smith, I think an up-tempo Princeton offense would work.

D'Antoni's wide open would be fun, but it doesn't really win much.

Flip Saunders actually has a very good system for athletic players (hence the Hawks). It relies on shooting from the wings, driving by the PG and big men that have a face to the basket game.