Smoove

Horf

Team B

Crawford/Teague

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

Horf

Which lineup do you think will get us farther next season and why??

Team A will give up 110 ppg a game easily!! Team B I see ball movement again being a problem. What the hell are we doing here??

Team A

Bibby/Teague

Crawford

JJ

Smoove

Horf

Team B

Crawford/Teague

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

Horf

With Woodson as head coach ball movement will always be a problem.

Team A will give up 110 ppg a game easily!! Team B I see ball movement again being a problem. What the hell are we doing here??

Team A's Starting 5 is much worse defensively that is for sure.

Edited by GameTime

• Moderators
Team A

Bibby/Teague

Crawford

JJ

Smoove

Horf

Team B

Crawford/Teague

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

Horf

Team C

Bibby/Crawford/Teague

JJ/Crawford

Marvin/JJ/Smoove

Smoove/Horford/Marvin

Horford/Zaza

+ an additional body for the frontcourt

Bibby/Crawford backcourt would be demoralizingly bad on defense. Crawford as our starting point leave me feeling very squeamish.

Team A

Bibby/Teague

Crawford

JJ

Smoove

Horf

Team B

Crawford/Teague

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

Horf

Way to early to do this. FA's to sign (our own and others), Possible trades etc...Can't make assumptions on Bibby, Marvin, Flip, ZaZa, even Childress etc.....Until all these things have played out there is no concrete answer to your question "What the hell are we doing here?"

We made the playoffs last year...two years in a row. Hopefully the plan is to make it three in a row.

Team C

Bibby/Crawford/Teague

JJ/Crawford

Marvin/JJ/Smoove

Smoove/Horford/Marvin

Horford/Zaza

Bibby/Crawford backcourt would be demoralizingly bad on defense. Crawford as our starting point leave me feeling very squeamish.

I like your thoughts and just hope we can get them all signed.

Team C

Bibby/Crawford/Teague

JJ/Crawford

Marvin/JJ/Smoove

Smoove/Horford/Marvin

Horford/Zaza

Seconded. This is ideal, though I think it might be better long-term to try and SnT some folks for a longer-term PG. We have Evans and Morris under contract, which you don't have in your lineup. Do we SnT Marvin for someone like Hinrich, and suffer through Evans at SF?

Seconded. This is ideal, though I think it might be better long-term to try and SnT some folks for a longer-term PG. We have Evans and Morris under contract, which you don't have in your lineup. Do we SnT Marvin for someone like Hinrich, and suffer through Evans at SF?

Here's my Team Z: (working with resigning what we have)

PG Bibby / Teague / Crawford / West

SG JJ / Crawford / West

SF Marvin / Evans / JJ

PF Smoove / Horford / Marvin

C Horford / Zaza / Morris

West is mostly for defense/mopup. Morris is for fouling and mopping. Flip is gone.

Team A

Bibby/Teague

Crawford

JJ

Smoove

Horf

Team B

Crawford/Teague

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

Horf

I believe Team A and Team B are both downgrades from last season. Let's hope it does not come to that. Hawks need a starting caliber small forward and starting caliber point guard. If it is Bibby and Marvin, fine, at least the team is not backsliding.

I believe Team A and Team B are both downgrades from last season. Let's hope it does not come to that. Hawks need a starting caliber small forward and starting caliber point guard. If it is Bibby and Marvin, fine, at least the team is not backsliding.

So you are saying Bibby > Crawford and Teague?

Crawford, Flip and Teague is waaaay too much duplication of role for my tastes.

I second that, I rather we find a taller guard or better yet a taller backup SF to the squad. Cleveland got killed because of their small guards despite their size upfront.

Szcerbiack

Gerald Green

Dahntay Jones

Walter Hermann

Stephen Graham

Quinton Ross

Rodney Carney

Jarvis Hayes

Matt Barnes

Ime Udoka

Anthony Parker

Morris Almond (wow did Utah ever even allow him a minute on the court?)

All these guys could be cheap free agent additions that fit the 6'6" and above criteria for a bench contributor at both wing positions barring a trade.

I pretty much agree but it would depend on who we had coming off the bench on those teams to say for sure.

That said, I would be VERY surprised to see us make a deal for Crawford and then let Marvin get away. I think we match any offer Marvin gets that is $9M a season to start or less (5 yrs/$54M) but in this economy, he might not break $7M a season to start (5 yrs/$42M).

As for Bibby, with Teague on board, I think we offer him MLE-level money (or perhaps SLIGHTLY more) for 3 years - take it or leave it.

I'd offer Flip a slight raise as a quality vet with a reasonable contract in the event that Teague is a year or so away but I wouldn't offer him what I would have offered him had we not traded for Crawford and drafted Teague.

I'd try to keep Zaza with a contract similar to what he just had.

I'd likely keep Mo as a quality BU with a reasonable contract.

Chillz is a wildcard. If he wanted to come back for the same deal we offered him last year (slightly above the MLE), I might try to find a way to squeeze him in. It would mean the end of Flip and Mo though (or PERHAPS Bibby if we think Teague is ready to contribute right away) and it would mean that we got Marvin for closer to $7M a season than $9M a season.

My dream lineup to start next season would be:

Al/Zaza/Morris

Smoove/vet big

Marv/Chillz

JJ/Crawford/Mario

Bibby/Teague/vet FA

• Moderators

Thanks for pointing out Evans, I overlooked him for some reason. The omission of Morris was intentional.

• Moderators

I don't know if Bibby is better the Crawford. He's a better leader for sure but Bibby's age is showing and when he's not knocking down 3s (which is often) he's not a huge factor. And hey I really like him. I give him most of the credit for getting us there. I'd love to have him back. I'm just saying I don't think the Hawks will bring him back.

Teague may be a project but I think Sund was smart to get a project that can shoot and handle the ball. This makes him pay some dividends while he's developing.

I don't know if Bibby is better the Crawford. He's a better leader for sure but Bibby's age is showing and when he's not knocking down 3s (which is often) he's not a huge factor. And hey I really like him. I give him most of the credit for getting us there. I'd love to have him back. I'm just saying I don't think the Hawks will bring him back.

Teague may be a project but I think Sund was smart to get a project that can shoot and handle the ball. This makes him pay some dividends while he's developing.

I don't think Bibby is "better" than Crawford at this stage of their careers but I think that he does bring intangibles that Crawford doesn't. Bibby has played in a lot of big games and he is a very good leader. Crawford's next playoff game will be his first. I don't see Crawford as a replacement for Bibby but rather as a compliment to not only Bibby, but to the rest of our team as well. That said, I would not give Bibby more than $6M a season or so to start on a new 3 yr deal. He is getting older and he is not going to get more than that on the open market. MLE money will be the best that somebody offers him. 3 yrs/$20M is all I have for him at this stage of his career and I might want a team option on that 3rd year.

I don't think Bibby is "better" than Crawford at this stage of their careers but I think that he does bring intangibles that Crawford doesn't. Bibby has played in a lot of big games and he is a very good leader. Crawford's next playoff game will be his first. I don't see Crawford as a replacement for Bibby but rather as a compliment to not only Bibby, but to the rest of our team as well. That said, I would not give Bibby more than $6M a season or so to start on a new 3 yr deal. He is getting older and he is not going to get more than that on the open market. MLE money will be the best that somebody offers him. 3 yrs/$20M is all I have for him at this stage of his career and I might want a team option on that 3rd year.

If you're comparing overall player talent at this moment, Crawford > Bibby.

If you're asking which player would be best starting at "small guard" for the Hawks? Bibby.