• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Obviously Denver traded up to get Lawson in front of us

NJHAWK

However did Sund even want him? If Lawson was still there would we have taken him over Teague. Good thing Philly took Jrue because Woody would have saw him as his Royal Ivey, lol.

I hope Sund liked Teague better. I did for a few reasons. Two that come up for obvious reasons:

NBA Height and Teague carried his team and did so in a brutal conference; whereas Lawson had three other draft picks along side of him.

I am pretty sure Sund did not not tip his hand. Just think Denver wanted and needed a future PG so they jumped up to get the one they liked best knowing we were going to take one of them as well.

• Moderators
I hope Sund liked Teague better. I did for a few reasons. Two that come up for obvious reasons:

NBA Height and Teague carried his team and did so in a brutal conference; whereas Lawson had three other draft picks along side of him.

Bear in mind that Wake had another top 20 pick on the team who went before Teague and an NBA prospect who would have gone higher than either of them had he declared this year. The talent disparity wasn't like it was Teague v. UNC. For having 3 top 20 guys, that Wake team underachieved pretty hard during the second half of the season and the NCAA tournament. (For the first half of the year and the non-conference schedule, they were excellent.)

• Moderators
Would it be fair to say that although Teague is just as fast as Lawson Teague is more of a half court type player while Lawson is an up and down the court player.

Lawson's agility drill was 10.98

Acie Law's was 11.00

Teagues agility drill was 11.05

Lawson > Law > Teague

Lawson's sprint 3.12

Law's 3.22

Teague's 3.18

Lawson > Teague > Law

Looking at the numbers and at the games from Lawson and Teague, Lawson is faster. Based solely on the numbers, Teague appears similar to Acie as far as speed.

Acie Law's was 11.00

Lawson > Law > Teague

Lawson's sprint 3.12

Law's 3.22

Teague's 3.18

Lawson > Teague > Law

Looking at the numbers and at the games from Lawson and Teague, Lawson is faster. Based solely on the numbers, Teague appears similar to Acie as far as speed.

It seems when watching both guys that Lawson uses his speed to fly up the court and beat teams in transition and Teague uses his speed to get to the basket in half court.

Bear in mind that Wake had another top 20 pick on the team who went before Teague and an NBA prospect who would have gone higher than either of them had he declared this year. The talent disparity wasn't like it was Teague v. UNC. For having 3 top 20 guys, that Wake team underachieved pretty hard during the second half of the season and the NCAA tournament. (For the first half of the year and the non-conference schedule, they were excellent.)

I still think (know) North Carolina was the superior team as far as talent goes by a wide margin. College player of the year, 4 draft picks, plus Tar Heels had all five starters in dbl figures for scoring vs Wake who had two draft picks and three total who (and one is a 1st round pick next year) scored in dbl figures.

Tar Heels were a beast and I think Teague might have went even higher (much better ast numbers, throw ball to Hansborough and watch him score or any of the other dbl figure scorers) had he been on that team....

Edited by Buzzard

It seems when watching both guys that Lawson uses his speed to fly up the court and beat teams in transition and Teague uses his speed to get to the basket in half court.

They are both solid penetrators but I like Teagues height down low a lot bettter than Lawsons.

• Premium Member

And, fwiw, defense is said to be a weakness for both... but at least Teague possesses some wingspan and heighth that may someday allow him to develop into a solid defender. In fact, I think I heard from someone that he's actually shown himself to be a good defender when he wants to, but is far too inconsistent with it. Lawson, otoh, appears to be fast but not as quick as his height would suggest, and without that quickness, he's not going to develop any Brevin Knight-like steal acumen.

Acie Law's was 11.00

Lawson > Law > Teague

Lawson's sprint 3.12

Law's 3.22

Teague's 3.18

Lawson > Teague > Law

Just based on the clip they showed when we picked him, the dunk he performed one handed down the lane is something neither Law or Lawson could perform. Pretty sweet...

• Moderators
Just based on the clip they showed when we picked him, the dunk he performed one handed down the lane is something neither Law or Lawson could perform. Pretty sweet...

He has a vertical neither of those guys has for sure but he is indisputably slower than Lawson just like Lebron is slower than Tony Parker (i.e., faster doesn't necessarily translate into better).

He has a vertical neither of those guys has for sure but he is indisputably slower than Lawson just like Lebron is slower than Tony Parker (i.e., faster doesn't necessarily translate into better).

True, Acie could always get to the basket but he couldnt always finish.