• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hmmm... does Andre Miller become the UFA target instead of Bibby now?

sturt

The thing is scout5...we may be able to advance just by treading water. The danger I see is the teams chasing us. All the top teams (Boston/CLE/ORL) are chasing older guys who are injury prone. Our young guys are improving and heal faster. :idea:

What worries me DJ is we see the same offense like we did in the playoffs. Many hope Marvin,Smoove,Horford progress but I just don't know they could also not get any better. A point guard is critical to open the offense up and one thing were overlooking is defense. You must play quali ty defense and I don't see this team doing that. Where are the shotblockers? The rebounds against other bigs in the playoffs? The scoring ability that is needed in the paint in the playoffs?

I guess I am used to seeing the Hawks fail and it's hard to envision this team suddenly finding all the magic at once. Orlando will be better,Cleveland and Boston could regress but I am not counting on it. Unless the Hawks find a big man that can block shots,rebou were going to be stagnant on offense. The Hawks bigmen couldn't compete vs Cleveland and will see this year maybe the Boston series of a couple of years ago was a mirage. The Hawks don't have players that have good basketball IQ which matters alot in winning. Marvin dribbling the ball off his foot, Smoove taking outside shots,Bibby not listening to Woodson to drive the ball instead putting up a brick from the 3 point line. How will this team get over the hump with a low basketball IQ?

What worries me DJ is we see the same offense like we did in the playoffs. Many hope Marvin,Smoove,Horford progress but I just don't know they could also not get any better. A point guard is critical to open the offense up and one thing were overlooking is defense. You must play quali ty defense and I don't see this team doing that. Where are the shotblockers? The rebounds against other bigs in the playoffs? The scoring ability that is needed in the paint in the playoffs?

I guess I am used to seeing the Hawks fail and it's hard to envision this team suddenly finding all the magic at once. Orlando will be better,Cleveland and Boston could regress but I am not counting on it. Unless the Hawks find a big man that can block shots,rebou were going to be stagnant on offense. The Hawks bigmen couldn't compete vs Cleveland and will see this year maybe the Boston series of a couple of years ago was a mirage. The Hawks don't have players that have good basketball IQ which matters alot in winning. Marvin dribbling the ball off his foot, Smoove taking outside shots,Bibby not listening to Woodson to drive the ball instead putting up a brick from the 3 point line. How will this team get over the hump with a low basketball IQ?

Exactly. Think about it. This team hasn't been a very good team since the days of Mookie Blaylock and Steve Smith. I'm convinced that Joe is a better version of Steve. But we're lacking the modern day Mookie...aka a good point guard. Mookie wasn't a very good shooter but he was a good defender and set other guys up to get points on the board. Bibby is a good player but he is not a good point guard. The job of a point guard is to make you team better by setting your offense up for high percentage shots. Does Bibby do that? Heck no. He makes his share of 3's and jumpers but we had that with Jason Terry. We need a guy handling the ball who can make our team better. I think there is a much better chance for our team to be a better all around team with Andre Miller than with Bibby. I looked at their career stats comparatively earlier and it may surprise many that Miller has a slightly better career fg% than Bibby. Wonder if that has something to do with his basketball iq?hmm? Bibby can take team dime to another city and help lead them to slightly above mediocrity. I want to see, for the first time in a while, a hawks team that has a point guard who makes the most of his players around him.