• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I know I'm the only one.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm the only one here who thinks that Teague will be our starting PG before February.

This kid has major talent.

He can shoot.

He's blink fast.

He can distribute.

He has to work on his turnovers...

but with this team, he will be an open floor terror.

I can see it just as plain as day.

Our games will be like a track meet and he's going to be the young conductor.

Woody's days may be numbered. I don't think Sund will allow Woody to Stomp out Teague's confidence the way he stomped out Acie's. Sund even said with regret that he regretted bringing in Flip because of what it did to Acie.

I look again to Devin Harris. Harris was very similar to Teague coming out. Except Teague has MAJOR confidence.

I believe it would be smart to get an older PG who can distribute in here to BU Teague. I have said Brevin Knight because I am a fan of Knight's work. And he's really old and should be cheap. But there are other guys who are just as available. Steve Blake is another guy who fits that bill. With a rising star like Teague, I think he just needs a little seasoning from a vet PG to help him see the passes.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not alone. I also agree that by the all star break the job should and will be his. He was 2nd or 3rd on my wish list for us to draft. But the more I study his numbers, film, measurements, demeanor, maturity, the more I'm really excited about our future at pg. The kid definitely has special talent.

I think one of the reasons that Woody didn't really give Acie a chance was that Acie wasn't aggressive enough and thus allowed his passive play to dictate his minutes. I really don't think that Teague's play is going to allow Woodson to sit him. Some rookies just come out and flat out ball and I think he's gonna be one of them. Don't get me wrong, I love pass first point guards but maybe we were too focused as a team to try and fit that bill to draft one that would distribute the ball to the rest of our athletes. I think this is exactly what we needed, a guy that is confident, aggressive, and just a flat out leader. I think we hit the lottery in this years draft. :beer:

p.s. Just a sidenote and I know it doesn't relate to much on the court but Teague had the 2nd lowest bodyfat at 4.5% of anyone drafted. (Gerald Henderson coming in 1st at 4.4%) :biggrin:

You are not alone. I also agree that by the all star break the job should and will be his. He was 2nd or 3rd on my wish list for us to draft. But the more I study his numbers, film, measurements, demeanor, maturity, the more I'm really excited about our future at pg. The kid definitely has special talent.

I think one of the reasons that Woody didn't really give Acie a chance was that Acie wasn't aggressive enough and thus allowed his passive play to dictate his minutes. I really don't think that Teague's play is going to allow Woodson to sit him. Some rookies just come out and flat out ball and I think he's gonna be one of them. Don't get me wrong, I love pass first point guards but maybe we were too focused as a team to try and fit that bill to draft one that would distribute the ball to the rest of our athletes. I think this is exactly what we needed, a guy that is confident, aggressive, and just a flat out leader. I think we hit the lottery in this years draft. :beer:

p.s. Just a sidenote and I know it doesn't relate to much on the court but Teague had the 2nd lowest bodyfat at 4.5% of anyone drafted. (Gerald Henderson coming in 1st at 4.4%) :biggrin:

I like what I've seen in the clips and his personality.

I like the kid! He kind of reminds me of young Tony Parker or Devin Harris if you will! If he turns out to be as good as any of those two, we're great!

Sure I would like to see "Hawks' PG of the future" become an instant success, but It's highly unlikely that Teague will see more playing time than 15 mpg off the bench. I'm stating this because we all know how Woody grooms and brings up youngsters, plus the fact that we are probably going to sign a veteran PG!

Also, Hawks (Woody again) are under some pressure to continue the trend of winning and under those circumstances, I can't see Teague (as a Rookie) playing bigger role...

P.S. Hawks will probably try to bring him up slowly, as the consensus on Teague was that he's 1 or 2 years away from NBA full-time readiness anyway.

• Premium Member

I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I just hope we bring in that vet voice to help him see the right passes. Please let it be either Brevin Knight or Steve Blake. I would even take Anthony Johnson, Anthony Carter, or Jacque Vaughn if the kid is far enough along?

I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I just hope we bring in that vet voice to help him see the right passes. Please let it be either Brevin Knight or Steve Blake. I would even take Anthony Johnson, Anthony Carter, or Jacque Vaughn if the kid is far enough along?

I'm on board. Listening the the clips of his interviews the last couple days, he seems confident, he has a swagger.

Why not make it easy and just bring Bibby back? Cmon Rick..

I'm the only one here who thinks that Teague will be our starting PG before February.

This kid has major talent.

He can shoot.

He's blink fast.

He can distribute.

He has to work on his turnovers...

but with this team, he will be an open floor terror.

I can see it just as plain as day.

Our games will be like a track meet and he's going to be the young conductor.

Woody's days may be numbered. I don't think Sund will allow Woody to Stomp out Teague's confidence the way he stomped out Acie's. Sund even said with regret that he regretted bringing in Flip because of what it did to Acie.

I look again to Devin Harris. Harris was very similar to Teague coming out. Except Teague has MAJOR confidence.

I believe it would be smart to get an older PG who can distribute in here to BU Teague. I have said Brevin Knight because I am a fan of Knight's work. And he's really old and should be cheap. But there are other guys who are just as available. Steve Blake is another guy who fits that bill. With a rising star like Teague, I think he just needs a little seasoning from a vet PG to help him see the passes.

Devin Harris is a good comparison to Teague. Harris had major confidence at Wisconsin as well. Remember it took Harris awhile to become a quality PG. He didn't start for three seasons. Not a bad post Diesel.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

My only concern with Teague which also invalidates the comparisons to Devin Harris is that Harris was a tremendous defensive prospect and that's not something that you hear about Teague, but I hope that I'm wrong about it. Outside of that though I love the Teague pick and I'm very excited about his potential.

My only concern with Teague which also invalidates the comparisons to Devin Harris is that Harris was a tremendous defensive prospect and that's not something that you hear about Teague, but I hope that I'm wrong about it. Outside of that though I love the Teague pick and I'm very excited about his potential.

I agree, but Teague has the potential to be a good defensive player for a PG.

Edited by nbasuperstar40