• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

SMOOVE IS STAYING... TRADE IS OFF!

Brotha2ThaNite

The sad part is that Amare will be awesome this year or Josh will suck and someone post a thread next offseason "The Hawks could have traded Josh for Amare and didn't do it, this GM/Ownership/Coach are morons" all based on some rumor on a messageboard.

Here is what I don't get. This whole Amare rumor was started from a completely baseless ESPN message board post. ESPN message board is worse than RealGM. People here on the 'Squawk actually took this hook line and sinker. There is one of the most viewed threads of all-time on this.

But a few years ago, Sothron comes in an gives us information that has more credibility than an ESPN message board post yet we had multiple posters attack him. This year? Not at all, posters are accepting this rumor more than challenging it. I just don't get it, is the 'Squawk "growing up"? Becoming more gullible? Did it just have a specific problem with Sothron?

Sorry I just don't get this, its like a complete 180 on the same situation of two years ago.

It's been mentioned in the press, too, not just on message boards.

Here is what I don't get. This whole Amare rumor was started from a completely baseless ESPN message board post. ESPN message board is worse than RealGM. People here on the 'Squawk actually took this hook line and sinker. There is one of the most viewed threads of all-time on this.

But a few years ago, Sothron comes in an gives us information that has more credibility than an ESPN message board post yet we had multiple posters attack him. This year? Not at all, posters are accepting this rumor more than challenging it. I just don't get it, is the 'Squawk "growing up"? Becoming more gullible? Did it just have a specific problem with Sothron?

Sorry I just don't get this, its like a complete 180 on the same situation of two years ago.

People believe what they want to believe. Maybe I should say morons believe what they want to believe.............like some moron playing games with "insider trade info" in a chat forum.

I don't even waiste time posting in threads like these unless one of the better posters sparks my interest like yourself, mr.honline, AHF, Dolfan, Exodux, etc.

Sorthon gave us some good stuff the year we had the #3 and #11 pick (Horford, Yi, Conley, Crittendon, Law, Wright, the plane flight to LA to see Yi) etc. Thanks !

I think you already know the answer to this. Sothron was a regular poster here and claimed to have an insider source which some here doubted or resented, hence the attacks. I didn't care one way or the other but it was a big deal to some people.

The ESPN poster isn't a poster here so that is why he isn't getting the same scrutiny.

Ahh.. I will agree that the "asking for lopez is why the trade isn't going to happen" thing is overrepresented as fact, but the Amare-Smith thing has been mentioned by lots of folks (incl. Sekou, etc.) It's hard to say where it got started, though, or if he's not just cribbing his notes from the Squawk :)

In addition to what Ex said maybe it's because people here want to believe that the trade could happen. It's amazing what people will believe (myself included) when they want to believe it.

Sekou's blog reprts the trade rumor is baseless.

And Sekou also said such and such about Smith's BYC and no-trade stuff and yada yada and also never said a peep about the Crawford trade so even though he seems to be a nice guy I don't believe anything he says anymore than I'll believe the posters on this board.

I am not too sure how a passing mention of a possible trade happening from Chris Sheridan (people on this board confused him with Chris Broussard) leads to one posting that the trade focused around us asking for Amare and Lopez. This rumor really got into specifics all because of an "inside" lawyer with experience for the Suns went onto ESPN message boards to post the rumor. People believe this more than they believed Soth, I don't get it. Either this board had something against Soth, the board isn't attacking people as much, or a majority of the posters' brains have turned to mush.

I am with you X, I normally ignore certain posts/threads that I know aren't going to be interesting. Maybe its because the thread turned into one of the most viewed all time that I just couldn't ignore it and thats what triggered my response.

Unless Chris Sheridan is an older black guy there is no confussion because they guy who started the latest Smoove for Amare rumor is Chris Broussard.

Regarding "insiders" that I always had to inquire about was Jay Walker. I was always lurking in his post during the beginning of the BK era and generally agreed with his points of view.

If the Suns are holding out Biendris, Marco, and Wright because of Curry they are the most damned of fools. I wish JS value was that much for three young, talented players that fit Phoenix's style so closely. I bet they make this trade right when the clock ticks on the first hour with GS.