• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Johnson watching Hawks' moves

pimp

Leader ?

JJ sounds as if he is growing into more of a leader. Sure its relative. Relative to what Stoudemire is doing in Phoneix, JJ is looking Derek Jeter like in the way he is handling his last year under contract.

1. He is the only player to show up when Teague is announced to the media.

2. He is already talking to Crawford on the phone.

3. Is already talking about practicing hard and getting the team to start hanging out together to help a quick start.

4. Says he wants Bibby back in a guarded, politically correct way that supports the franchise no matter what the final decision is.

Has been taking PR classes from Matt Ryan ?

He could be crying like Stoudemire is right now or playing mind games like Bosh and Wade are doing. No that is not JJ. Maybe he loves Atlanta and sees this as his longterm home after all. JJ is really impressing me with his actions and character at a time where many pro- athletes are showing their warts.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

JJ is good people. Even though he comes up short at times he's still my #2 all-time favorite hawk.

and fyi...

#1 Cliff Levinston

#3 Acie Law

#20 something is Nique.

Leader ?

JJ sounds as if he is growing into more of a leader. Sure its relative. Relative to what Stoudemire is doing in Phoneix, JJ is looking Derek Jeter like in the way he is handling his last year under contract.

3. Is already talking about practicing hard and getting the team to start hanging out together to help a quick start.

4. Says he wants Bibby back in a guarded, politically correct way that supports the franchise no matter what the final decision is.

He could be crying like Stoudemire is right now or playing mind games like Bosh and Wade are doing. No that is not JJ. Maybe he loves Atlanta and sees this as his longterm home after all. JJ is really impressing me with his actions and character at a time where many pro- athletes are showing their warts.

Two words...consummate professional

Had a chance to meet him in EB games(he was buying some stuff for his Wii)... He was standing in front of me and wearing a long white shirt and shorts..... I was like " Hey you are Joe Johnson right?" he said yea man and he shook my hand... I talked to him for little bit, didn't wanna annoy him... Really really cool guy....

• Premium Member
Had a chance to meet him in EB games(he was buying some stuff for his Wii)... He was standing in front of me and wearing a long white shirt and shorts..... I was like " Hey you are Joe Johnson right?" he said yea man and he shook my hand... I talked to him for little bit, didn't wanna annoy him... Really really cool guy....

That's Joe. One coolest dudes you'll ever meet.

In the words of Stu Scott: He's cooler than the other side of the pillow

• Moderators
JJ is good people. Even though he comes up short at times he's still my #2 all-time favorite hawk.

and fyi...

#1 Cliff Levinston

#3 Acie Law

#20 something is Nique.

Interesting list. You spelled your favorite player's name wrong. For the record, Nique is a good bit higher on my list than Acie. Acie is just behind Pig Miller and Rasheed Wallace on my list.

• Premium Member
Interesting list. You spelled your favorite player's name wrong. For the record, Nique is a good bit higher on my list than Acie. Acie is just behind Pig Miller and Rasheed Wallace on my list.

close enough. I said he's my favorite player not my kin folk.

That's Joe. One coolest dudes you'll ever meet.

In the words of Stu Scott: He's cooler than the other side of the pillow

Stuart Scott ripped that off from a baseball commentator.

• Premium Member
Stuart Scott ripped that off from a baseball commentator.

:no-no:

• Premium Member
Leader ?

The real testament to his leadership is will he take a contract along similar lines of what he makes now. We can't keep this team together if JJ wants a major pay hike. By that same token, I would guess that this team needs to see championship game this year.

I would love to see us give Joe rest and then step up and beat Cleveland in the playoffs on our way to the Conference finals and even NBA finals.

The other thing is that No mention of Marvin from Joe? Hmm?