• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Crawford was on 790 the zone.

Brotha2ThaNite

On the trade:

He looks at his trade like the Pau Gasol trade to the Lakers' deal..... LOL

He then said he is joking

On Last min shot:

I’m not going to just take it. I will make it.

On scoring 50pts:

They would like to see him do that here. He says, Wow, if I can’t do that I think I maybe the first to do that for 4 teams.

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

He wants to take the scoring pressure off Joe (and Bibby "if he's here." :hush: )

Appreciates the city, says he's excited, doesn't mind not being the main scorer.

Seems like a gracious guy.

(Wow, the reception on AM stations still sucks!!) :top secret:

Edited by ZanarkandStarAEast

By all accounts, Jamal is a class act.

i listened to a hawks podcast i just signed up for yesterday through itunes that had an interview with him on it. in just the short 2 1/2 minutes or so you could tell that. his character isn't what has gotten fans irritated with him though. glad he's on the team regardless.

• Premium Member

We seem to be all about getting quality guys on this team which is kinda refreshing. I'm not all that enamored with the practice of 'filtering' players but it's good to see that the guys you cheer for on the court are pretty decent off the court as well. That begs the question of why the heck are we after Stoudamire? He's not a 'bad' character guy, but he's always involved in some kind of drama in the Sun's lockerroom. That has to be of some concern.

We seem to be all about getting quality guys on this team which is kinda refreshing. I'm not all that enamored with the practice of 'filtering' players but it's good to see that the guys you cheer for on the court are pretty decent off the court as well. That begs the question of why the heck are we after Stoudamire? He's not a 'bad' character guy, but he's always involved in some kind of drama in the Sun's lockerroom. That has to be of some concern.

We are trading Smoove for him. Consider it an upgrade.

• Premium Member

I'm not sure why the Suns are trying so hard to get rid of a player that is young enough to be the centerpiece of a rebuilding effort. That has to be of some concern. Say what you want about Smoove, but eveeryone says this team has a great locker room atmosphere.

Josh is way more stable than Amare. Josh is emotional on the court, but you don't hear anything about him having issues with teammates or off the court. Amare has had like 4 agents in 4 years and wants to be the main man.

Edited by BossTweed

• Premium Member

sounds like another one of those NBA thugs to me.

Seriously... dude sounds better on the radio than most of these so called professionals. Nice to hear. Especially since he sounds happy to be here.

Edited by ClintEasthood

Thanks. I've never really heard Jamal speak but I'm impressed. He sounds like a great guy and is also good in interviews. He didn't sound like the generic interview, gave nice insight and is knowledgeable.

Its nice to hear Jamal because he makes me feel better about the trade. Of course this is just the offseason and once we actually get to the season it might change for me but at least I won't have a negative mindset all offseason.

yeah, he sounds like he just got drafted all over again. It's all because that he will be closer to his son. This is a very good guy. You can hear it in his voice when he is talking, especially about his son!

yeah, he sounds like he just got drafted all over again. It's all because that he will be closer to his son. This is a very good guy. You can hear it in his voice when he is talking, especially about his son!

Yea being closer to his son helps him personally but professionaly he is beyond happy to be here because this is his best chance to make the playoffs. Crawford is 'Reef 2.0 in that he has gone his entire career without ever even smelling a playoff race.

My impression of Crawford went up while he was in New York. That team was a mess in so many ways but he seemed to stay professional no matter how much nonsense was going on. The fans seemed to really like him and i know he hit a lot of clutch shots there.

I love Jamal..watched him a lot. I live in the bay area so I watched Warrior games 2nd most after the Hawks of course...The nba package can be damaging to the eyes...I promise myself every year I'm only gonna watch the Hawks and thats it...but once 7pm rolls around I catch myself watching west coast games..I guess I'm just addicted. :-( ( to the dismay of my girlfriend)...

That was definitely a good interview. I especially liked it when he said he expects his scoring to go down and his assists to go up.

I think it is also important to note what he didn't say. He didn't trash his former teams which would be easy to do. During the season Don Nelson publicly called for him to opt out of his contract this summer which is totally classless. And of course there was all the drama with the Knicks. I am sure he could tell some crazy stories.

During the season i read he nearly got into a fight with Maggette when Crawford challenged Maggette to do more than just score.