• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How can you tell when the Hawks have made it?

Admin

Now I realize that the guy isn't nearly what he was once and unless it's on a very small contract I wouldn't be interested in him but I still had a bit of a smile when I read this article on ESPN. There is more at the link below but not really worth reading.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/stor...age=Kidd-090629

There are 36-year-old point guards who have had microfracture knee surgery, and then there's Jason Kidd, a 36-year-old point guard who has had microfracture knee surgery.

Most teams would be very leery of plucking the former off the free-agent market, especially with the game becoming increasingly athletic. The latter? An array of playoff teams -- the Hawks, Blazers and Lakers, and, of course, his current team, the Mavs -- will have him up on their free-agent board as of July 1. Father Time is undefeated, but Kidd seems to have put him back on his heels, at least for the time being.

Now I realize that the guy isn't nearly what he was once and unless it's on a very small contract I wouldn't be interested in him but I still had a bit of a smile when I read this article on ESPN. There is more at the link below but not really worth reading.

I'd love a 2-yr contract with him. Don't see why Kidd would love it. :(

Perhaps because Atlanta is a top 10 FA destination? LOL

Good point :) But I mean.. why would he go to the Hawks, when he could maybe go to the Lakers?

Good point :) But I mean.. why would he go to the Hawks, when he could maybe go to the Lakers?

Maybe he wants to be challenged? I seriously doubt he would choose Atlanta over the Lakers but you never know. I'm not all that crazy about adding him although he could be a good mentor for Teague.

• Admin

it is nice to be considered a FA destination players are willing to go to for once. Lets hope we can get this ownership thing finished and bring in the right talent to help us win this year.

it is nice to be considered a FA destination players are willing to go to for once. Lets hope we can get this ownership thing finished and bring in the right talent to help us win this year.

Yes if only we can get Belkin to take over :temperature:

Maybe he wants to be challenged? I seriously doubt he would choose Atlanta over the Lakers but you never know. I'm not all that crazy about adding him although he could be a good mentor for Teague.

Exactly, on the mentor for Teague thing. Who could be better? Kidd would be our natural leader, too.

I agree with you on the 'wanting to be challenged' thing, though I never seem to see it. Players prefer to go to already-loaded teams, instead of being the piece that makes a team a contender.

Exactly, on the mentor for Teague thing. Who could be better? Kidd would be our natural leader, too.

I agree with you on the 'wanting to be challenged' thing, though I never seem to see it. Players prefer to go to already-loaded teams, instead of being the piece that makes a team a contender.

Well he did go to the Nets and turned that franchise around. At 36 I think he deserves to go for the sure thing after such an ilustrious career. If he was 28 or even 30 though I'd say why the f*** not Atlanta? :mad: