• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bradley: Hawks to pursue David Anderson if ZazA bolts

NJHAWK

This is from his blog anwsers on some info he got while snooping around at Crawfords press conferance.

A couple of things — nothing about Amare Stoudemire, though. Here’s one: If Zaza signs elsewhere, the Hawks will pursue David Andersen, the Australian power forward who played last season at Barcelona, aggressively. And also this: Some people in the organization would be comfortable with Crawford, who’s considered a combo guard, starting at the point.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO those 2 pieces of info which I highly doubt Bradley is making up unlike Chad Ford, are hinting to me that we may not be such an improved team afterall. The ideal situation would be to have Anderson and ZAzA NOT ONE OR THE OTHER. It would also be alot better for our playoff hopes if we started Bibby and had Crawford come off the bench.

If Zaza signs elsewhere, the Hawks will pursue David Andersen, the Australian power forward who played last season at Barcelona, aggressively. And also this: Some people in the organization would be comfortable with Crawford, who’s considered a combo guard, starting at the point.

it would be nice if they somehow could get both. they are two completely different players.

Here is some more info from Bradley including the Spurs interest in ZaZa. http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/200...settle-for-two/

Im I the only guy who actually enjoys his Hawks coverage? Seems like alot of Braves fans have some hate for him but Im a Phillies fan so I dont.

Edited by NJHAWK

Here is some more info from Bradley including the Spurs interest in ZaZa. http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/200...settle-for-two/

Im I the only guy who actually enjoys his Hawks coverage? Seems like alot of Braves fans have some hate for him but Im a Phillies fan so I dont.

This article reeks of "lower your expectations if you have any".

I think Marvin and Flip will be back and they'll bring Anderson over (If he was any good they would have brought him over before) and that will be it. When the season starts, the big 3 east teams TRAMPLE that listed team. Because that Hawk team is NO BETTER than it was last season when the rest of the east is improving. As a whole, Crawford is not going to produce much more than Bibby.

It might be tough to blame Sund. We will know at the end of this offseason how cheap ownership is. I know people say that it's always easy to spend other peoples money. But, don't buy a pro sports team if you don't want to put money into it.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

This article reeks of "lower your expectations if you have any".

I think Marvin and Flip will be back and they'll bring Anderson over (If he was any good they would have brought him over before) and that will be it. When the season starts, the big 3 east teams TRAMPLE that listed team. Because that Hawk team is NO BETTER than it was last season when the rest of the east is improving. As a whole, Crawford is not going to produce much more than Bibby.

It might be tough to blame Sund. We will know at the end of this offseason how cheap ownership is. I know people say that it's always easy to spend other peoples money. But, don't buy a pro sports team if you don't want to put money into it.

Its real hard to agree with you but you are on the money with this post. I think we could be worse with Crawford and no Bibby. People think we had no direction on offense last year, does anyone remember what this team played like without Bibby. Im not saying Bibby is a superstar but if we lose him we better find our coach on the floor.

Crawford/Flip/Teague

JJ/Flip/Evans

Marvin/Evans

Josh/Anderson

Al/Anderson

If that's the type of team the Hawks out with next season that means this offseason was an epic fail.

An epic fail? I suppose that you and I have differing viewpoints on what "epic" means.

Orlando will potentially be worse next year with losing Lee/Turk and replacing them with Carter. That's not an upgrade, that's a net loss.

Cleveland has probably gotten better but I'll wait to see what happens with Varejao and Joe Smith before I declare simply adding a plodding Shaq and losing 2 key players to put them in a position to "trample" the Hawks.

Boston certainly has not improved and they might lose a key player in Glenn Davis.

I know that you love the doom and gloom of life but the reality is that the Hawks don't need to bring back all 4 FAs and can probably spend their money in better ways to upgrade the team just as they did with the money now being paid to Crawford.

An epic fail? I suppose that you and I have differing viewpoints on what "epic" means.

Orlando will potentially be worse next year with losing Lee/Turk and replacing them with Carter. That's not an upgrade, that's a net loss.

Cleveland has probably gotten better but I'll wait to see what happens with Varejao and Joe Smith before I declare simply adding a plodding Shaq and losing 2 key players to put them in a position to "trample" the Hawks.

Boston certainly has not improved and they might lose a key player in Glenn Davis.

I know that you love the doom and gloom of life but the reality is that the Hawks don't need to bring back all 4 FAs and can probably spend their money in better ways to upgrade the team just as they did with the money now being paid to Crawford.

To me Crawford should be nothing more than a nice upgrade over Flip. If he was brought here to be our starting pg we are doomed unless Teague hits the ground running. We need Zaza back or an equal or better replacement plus at least one more solid big. We need Bibby back period ( well unless there are better options but I dont see any realistic onews in free agency). I can live with Marv getting the QO because Im scared to go long term until we see how his back holds up.

You do realize Hedo didn't play as good last season as he did 2 years ago, right? In fact, Turk only shot 40% this past season. Orlando will also have Nelson back this season after missing half the year last year. Shard is always healthy and so if Nelson and Carter are healthy, Orlando is better than they were a year ago. I think Lee can be a good player, but overall he was a role player last season and his role of being a decent scorer can be replaced. You also got to remember that Carter is a Hawk killer. The chances of beating them got a lot smiler unless they have health issues of course.

Rondo will be better. He has shown the improvement in his game that Al and Josh haven't showed. In fact, Josh probably regressed last season.

I didn't say they wouldn't get FA's. If they don't and they come with that team listed next season, they'll be lucky if they hold 4th seed. I doubt there will be 8 game home stands this year. A bulk of the Hawks success last season was because of those two stands. They probably can't count on that this season.

You also got to remember these teams were WAY better than this team already. With the team listed above, they're NOT closing the gap.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member
To me Crawford should be nothing more than a nice upgrade over Flip. If he was brought here to be our starting pg we are doomed unless Teague hits the ground running. We need Zaza back or an equal or better replacement plus at least one more solid big. We need Bibby back period ( well unless there are better options but I dont see any realistic onews in free agency). I can live with Marv getting the QO because Im scared to go long term until we see how his back holds up.

Circumstance does not make a player's position.

Upgrade over Flip is laughable. Flip hasn't ever sniffed 50 points. Crawford has done it on multiple occasions. Crawford hasn't come off the bench since 2003 and he's not in decline.

Circumstance does not make a player's position.

Upgrade over Flip is laughable. Flip hasn't ever sniffed 50 points. Crawford has done it on multiple occasions. Crawford hasn't come off the bench since 2003 and he's not in decline.

NY and GS are chunking goalless teams so his 50 point games don't mean so much. We know the dude can score, but he''s not a PG.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Crawford/Flip/Teague

JJ/Flip/Evans

Marvin/Evans

Josh/Anderson

Al/Anderson

If that's the type of team the Hawks out with next season that means this offseason was an epic fail.

Yeah, if this team can't even keep someone like Zaza while also adding another serviceable big man, I don't think I can take them seriously ever again.

• Premium Member
NY and GS are chunking goalless teams so his 50 point games don't mean so much. We know the dude can score, but he''s not a PG.

Why is it then that nobody else on those teams have even sniffed 50?

You say 50 points don't mean so much...

Here's a list of the most 50 point games of all time...

Wilt Chamberlain-105

Michael Jordan-39

Kobe Bryant-24

Elgin Baylor-14

Rick Barry-13

Allen Iverson-11

Bernard King-8

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar-8

LeBron James-8

Dominique Wilkins-7

Adreian Dantley-6

Bob Petit-6

Pete Maravich-6

Moses Malone-4

Jerry West-4

Tracy McGrady-4

George Mikan-4

Bob McAdoo-4

Nate Archibald-4

Larry Bird-5

Karl Malone-4

Gilbert Arenas-3

Shaquille O'Neal-3

David Robinson-3

Jamal Crawford -3

The NBA has been in existence since 1946. 63 years later, you have a list that is made up of 25 men. 25 men in 63 years. Note the names on the list. Basketball's elite. And you say... it's not a big deal? Through various types of defenses and offenses... there are only 25 men on the list. I'm not saying that Crawford is elite. However, he's on the list with other elite players.

I agree with Diesel, the addition of Crawford is a significant upgrade over Flip. I really don't see where the Hawks need to bring Flip back. Flip will take minutes away from Teague. Sund already admitted that bringing in Flip stopped the development of Acie; I don't think Sund makes that mistake again with Teague.

That in mind, I can see the Hawks giving Bibby a 3 year deal around 20-22 mil in total (declining in value). Bibby can take it or leave it.

Zaza is in the driver's seat this off season. I suspect a lot of teams are going to pursue him hard due to his post-season play. It will be interesting to see if the Hawks are willing to poney up the full MLE $s to resign him.

Loosing Z really will create problems for the Hawks as they'll be forced to use the MLE on Andersen. By re-signing Z the Hawks can use the MLE to bolster the bench with a guy like Wilcox or Andersen. IMO, Z is the linch pin player in this offseason.

I love Mark Bradley's coverage of all the Atlanta sports teams. Do you remember his feud with that news guy in Cleveland? I can post the links if you don't.

Mark Bradley is also on Twitter, and always seems up for some Hawks or Braves chat. Good guy. He told me he has stopped by this forum before.

Edited by drzachary

• Admin
You do realize Hedo didn't play as good last season as he did 2 years ago, right? In fact, Turk only shot 40% this past season. Orlando will also have Nelson back this season after missing half the year last year. Shard is always healthy and so if Nelson and Carter are healthy, Orlando is better than they were a year ago. I think Lee can be a good player, but overall he was a role player last season and his role of being a decent scorer can be replaced. You also got to remember that Carter is a Hawk killer. The chances of beating them got a lot smiler unless they have health issues of course.

Rondo will be better. He has shown the improvement in his game that Al and Josh haven't showed. In fact, Josh probably regressed last season.

I didn't say they wouldn't get FA's. If they don't and they come with that team listed next season, they'll be lucky if they hold 4th seed. I doubt there will be 8 game home stands this year. A bulk of the Hawks success last season was because of those two stands. They probably can't count on that this season.

You also got to remember these teams were WAY better than this team already. With the team listed above, they're NOT closing the gap.

Shooting wise yes Hedo did not shoot well this year. However, he was the glue for this team. He was the chemistry...I think he might have been the most important player on the floor. When Nelson went down the team did not miss a beat and no it is not because they brought in Altson. It is because Hedo helps make that team go.

Shooting wise yes Hedo did not shoot well this year. However, he was the glue for this team. He was the chemistry...I think he might have been the most important player on the floor. When Nelson went down the team did not miss a beat and no it is not because they brought in Altson. It is because Hedo helps make that team go.

His TS% was higher this season than 2 seasons ago (but lower than last season, mostly because of going .400 from 3 last year.)

FG% is fairly worthless as a stat, on its own.

Crawford/Flip/Teague

JJ/Flip/Evans

Marvin/Evans

Josh/Anderson

Al/Anderson

I too hope they have a slightly better lineup than this next season. They should re-sign Bibby and pick up a good SF in free agency.

As a side note Hotlanta, I think people get up in arms about your posts because you don't offer constructive criticism. If you think this team is an epic fail, what would you like the Hawks to do differently?