• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bradley: Hawks to pursue David Anderson if ZazA bolts

NJHAWK

• Moderators

As much as i'd love to have everyone back and add crawford and another big I just don't see it happening. I don't think we are up for spending that much and Woody is going to stick with an 8 man rotation. It would be smart to have more than 8 nba players for when we do get injuried but i'm not sure we'll have that luxery.

I just don't see the owners thinking it necessary to employ Bibby, Crawford, and Flip. They are going to put most of their effort on getting Zaza back. Bibby may not wait.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so convinced the "Big Three" in the Eastern Conference have made themselves that much better. Older yes, better...that's still to be determined. I like what we're doing and at worst, we'll be the 4th seed this year..but I like us overtaking the Magic.

I think we have to maintain Bibby's performance or better at the starting PG slot in order to keep the 4th seed.

I think we have to maintain Bibby's performance or better at the starting PG slot in order to keep the 4th seed.

Agreed. And I don't think Crawford is as good as Bibby and I would be surprised if Teague was ready to play meaningful minutes as a point guard his rookie year.

Crawford is a combo guard version of Al Harrington. Decent production on bad teams but better served by a reserve role on a decent or good team.

David Anderson is very unproven on this NBA level. Unproven.

To suppose he be a good player in the NBA is not credible.

Zaza is proven he is a very high level back up Center. Proven and we need him. We cannot affort to let a seasoned productive "Big" get away.

We need Flip more than Bibs with Crawford and Teague here. I dont know if Anderson is as good as Solomon or Othello. The guy (Anderson) shows as good in an inferior league.

We need Zaza and Flip signed ASAP.

Agreed. And I don't think Crawford is as good as Bibby and I would be surprised if Teague was ready to play meaningful minutes as a point guard his rookie year.

Crawford is a combo guard version of Al Harrington. Decent production on bad teams but better served by a reserve role on a decent or good team.

I disagree on Crawford. He is a very good and productive player In The League. Bibby cant put up the numbers Crawford can. Bibby is a good scorer, Crawford is a scoring machine.

At this time in their careers, Crawford is significantly better (imo).

Circumstance does not make a player's position.

Upgrade over Flip is laughable. Flip hasn't ever sniffed 50 points. Crawford has done it on multiple occasions. Crawford hasn't come off the bench since 2003 and he's not in decline.

So he is not an upgrade over Flip?

I think Diesel is saying that Crawford deserves a much bigger role than Flip had, not just upgrading Flip's role.. if that makes sense.

FWIW, Diesel is wrong about that.

I disagree on Crawford. He is a very good and productive player In The League. Bibby cant put up the numbers Crawford can. Bibby is a good scorer, Crawford is a scoring machine.

Jamal Crawford has never run a winning nba team. Bibby when healthy gets his team to the playoffs just like he turned our whole team around when he got here. My only concern with Bibby is dont sign him too long because he is 31. A 3 year deal would be smart. Yes Crawford has gone for 50 points but he can just as easily go for 5 points and shoot you out of a game. He had several games in GS where he had 1 assist. If he doesnt have his offense going he wont create either. 6th man is where you want him because if he doesnt bring his game you just sit him instead of letting him single handedly lose you a game.

I think re-signing Zaza is the number one priority of the Hawks. He is a much better backup center than David Andersen right now, and we're not even sure if Andersen will be that good here. I don't know what the ASG is thinking but Zaza is the only player that has an expiring contract from the Hawks that must be signed... by US!!! Make it happen, Sund... don't screw this one up.

I think Diesel is saying that Crawford deserves a much bigger role than Flip had, not just upgrading Flip's role.. if that makes sense.

FWIW, Diesel is wrong about that.

I think the Flip role is perfect for Crawford because Flip had a big role with us. A guy who comes in for offense and if he has it going you leave him in during crunch time. If he doesnt you sit him. Crawford is an upgrade over Flip to me because he can score more. Then again if JJ wasnt here last year and Flip started at the 2 Im sure he could go for 19 ppg while we lose 50 games as well.

The question is laughable. Crawford is a Team Upgrade. Flip's ability to come of the bench and score, play decent defense but as importantly is the mind-set he brings to the team. Flip's demeanor is contagious. He is the guy you want to go war with.

The if/or concerning Crawford and Flip is misplaced. The Hawks need both.

The question is, how fast can the rookie ramp up. Bibby's requirements might cost a much needed big.

I think Zaza is more a priority than Bibby. Now if Bibby comes in for the MLE it's a good deal. No one is mentioning Chillz or Marvin's back. Those are very important issues.

Jamal Crawford has never run a winning nba team.

He has never been on a team worth a rat's *ss either. I don't think this is a knock on JC.

I don't want to diminish Bib's affect on the team.

But consider what Bibby was and has been. He is AJ and Lue combined, in one body. It is why he helped us so much. We will need leadership from the point and at least in time it may be Teague. I say shore up the Big and middle of the roster before further addressing more point guarding.

Edited by Swatguy

I hope we can re-sign all three of Zaza, Bibby, and Marvin, but the poster before is right in saying Woodson doesn't normally go with more than an 8-man rotation.

Right now our rotation looks like this...

Teague - Crawford - Johnson - Smith - Horford

With Evans coming off the bench.

I think we will round it up with two or three more free agent signings. One or two of them will have to be a big man and one of them will be a point guard. I can't see one of them being a small forward. But my dream offseason would be that we re-sign Zaza, Bibby, and go after David Andersen or Childress.

I hope we can re-sign all three of Zaza, Bibby, and Marvin, but the poster before is right in saying Woodson doesn't normally go with more than an 8-man rotation.

Right now our rotation looks like this...

Teague - Crawford - Johnson - Smith - Horford

With Evans coming off the bench.

I think we will round it up with two or three more free agent signings. One or two of them will have to be a big man and one of them will be a point guard. I can't see one of them being a small forward. But my dream offseason would be that we re-sign Zaza, Bibby, and go after David Andersen or Childress.

When has Woody ever had more than 8 players worth putting on the court?

If you have only 8 NBA caliber guys (meaning starting quality, productive), it is difficult to play more. The Hawks have not had that kind of talent.

Crawford may be a better "scorer" but Bibby is the better shooter, the better passer and the better leader. Intangibles are more important than people think. There is a reason why the Big Dog trade was such a disaster for the Hawks despite the fact that they "won" the talent end of the trade (at least in the short term given the pick they gave up).

Bibby, as we know, is far from perfect and has some significant deficiencies to his game but he brings far more to the table then Crawford. I am shocked more people don't feel this way.

I sent Zaza a picture of pimp's photoshopped pic of him lol. http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4898/27404111111up2.jpg I wonder if he'll stay because of that?

When has Woody ever had more than 8 players worth putting on the court?

If you have only 8 NBA caliber guys (meaning starting quality, productive), it is difficult to play more. The Hawks have not had that kind of talent.

This is true. But I was also referring to the fact that the ASG never went after more than 8 quality players to put on the court. Meaning htey were always satisfied with just that.

• Moderators
I love Mark Bradley's coverage of all the Atlanta sports teams. Do you remember his feud with that news guy in Cleveland? I can post the links if you don't.

I don't remember that one, personally. Interesting?

Crawford may be a better "scorer" but Bibby is the better shooter, the better passer and the better leader. Intangibles are more important than people think. There is a reason why the Big Dog trade was such a disaster for the Hawks despite the fact that they "won" the talent end of the trade (at least in the short term given the pick they gave up).

Bibby, as we know, is far from perfect and has some significant deficiencies to his game but he brings far more to the table then Crawford. I am shocked more people don't feel this way.

I'm not opposed of bringing in another point guard. I see "other" options than Bibby. A younger better or as good player. With Crawford in tow, the shooting/scoring advantage of Bibby is negated. What is left is leadership and intangibles.

I'd rather invest in a Felton or Sessions than Mike Bibby.

I don't remember that one, personally. Interesting?

Yeah.. during the Cavs-Hawks series, Mark made a comment about how Cleveland fans have it worse because "they have to live in Cleveland." (True!)

So, a local reporter challenged Mark Bradley to a fight in the press (!) and then they got him to do an interview:

http://www.fox8.com/wjw-billatlantafeud-0507,0,4248017.story

Very, very weird. Mark Bradley is very good at deadpan humor, and they didn't seem to get it at all.