• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: McDyess not Zaza or Gortat

Brandon Bass can do what Mcdyess does but is 10 years younger and would be cheaper.

YES!

Bass is the guy I've been rooting for to be honest. I haven't heard anyone "in the know" mention us being interested however, but I think he's a better fit as a backup 4 than the other aging guys. I love his energy and that's what we need at backup 4. We are not winning a championship next year, so guys like Sheed, McDyess are not that interesting. Plus, I think Sheed would want to start.

Guys like Gortat, Lee, Varejao and Villanueva will be too rich for us, so looking at the lists, Bass is the guy I keep thinking would be a good fit.

I do want Zaza back too.

I'm starting to day dream about this lineup. Good second unit:

Bibby-Teague

Joe-Crawford (6th man, our new Flip, will finish games with Bibby on bench)

Marvin-Evans

Josh-Bass!

Al-Zaza

Solo, Rio, Morris the garbage?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!

Bass is the guy I've been rooting for to be honest. I haven't heard anyone "in the know" mention us being interested however, but I think he's a better fit as a backup 4 than the other aging guys. I love his energy and that's what we need at backup 4. We are not winning a championship next year, so guys like Sheed, McDyess are not that interesting. Plus, I think Sheed would want to start.

Guys like Gortat, Lee, Varejao and Villanueva will be too rich for us, so looking at the lists, Bass is the guy I keep thinking would be a good fit.

I do want Zaza back too.

I'm starting to day dream about this lineup. Good second unit:

Bibby-Teague

Joe-Crawford (6th man, our new Flip, will finish games with Bibby on bench)

Marvin-Evans

Josh-Bass!

Al-Zaza

Solo, Rio, Morris the garbage?

I would be happy with Mcdyess he can really help the Hawks. I get tired of many of the contenders gettting player after player and the Hawks keep sitting back.It's better to have to much talent than not enough and it would help out in depth so the starters wouldn't get so tired.

i had to research on him, but yeah i would have to agree on the value.

i also came across Nesteravic and if Zaza and Gortat are asking for too much, I wouldnt be unhappy with him at all. A legit 7 footer, shoots a good % and gets boards. over his career he has been a decent rebounder, but that wasnt the case this year.

----------Mpg--FG-----3PT-----FT---OR--DR-TOT--A--S---B---TO---FL--PTS

Rasho

Career 22.8 0.501 0.077 0.588 1.9 3.4 5.3 1.1 0.4 1.1 0.95 2.80 7.0

Zaza

Career 21.2 0.457 0.000 0.737 2.2 3.4 5.6 1.0 0.7 0.3 1.44 2.70 7.7

Gortat

Career/

Season 12.1 0.559 1.000 0.583 1.5 2.9 4.4 0.2 0.3 0.7 0.39 1.70 3.7

Rasho is a decent defender with size but he doesn't rebound or score inside.

As for Bass he is a weak rebounder so people need to stop comparing him to Mcdyess.

Rasho is a decent defender with size but he doesn't rebound or score inside.

As for Bass he is a weak rebounder so people need to stop comparing him to Mcdyess.

Dude Bass avg 8/4.5 in 19 mpg last year. He is a good defender and would be the second best athlete on this team next to Josh. Its a no brainer.

Dude Bass avg 8/4.5 in 19 mpg last year. He is a good defender and would be the second best athlete on this team next to Josh. Its a no brainer.

Bass averaged 8.5 rebounds per 36 minutes. Yawn.

McDyess averaged 11.7 rebounds per 36 minutes.

The Hawks are a weak rebounding team and getting Bass would do nothing to address that.

Edited by exodus