• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does Charlie V contract set the marker for Marv?

WraithSentinel

Marvin is not that great of a defender. You guys have built up this fantasy belief about Marvin and defense... He's not that good.

Diesel has a point. Hawksquawk does overrate Marvin's D.

I didn't know Rick Bucher is a Squawker.

10. Marvin Williams, SF, Hawks (RFA)

[/Might have been Hawks' best defender when healthy; developing into stopper for league's growing legion of playmaking small forwards.[/

http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index....howtopic=337542

I didn't know Rick Bucher is a Squawker.

http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index....howtopic=337542

I guess we can add John Schuhmann of NBA.com to our list of squawkers.

8. Marvin Williams, SF, Atlanta (Restricted)

Key stats: 13.9 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1.3 apg

Williams has never justified his status as the No. 2 pick in the 2005 Draft. But he has improved steadily over his four seasons and became a solid shooter last season before back problems sidelined him down the stretch. He's the youngest player in the top 10 and can fill holes on both ends of the floor.

And Johnny Ludden of Yahoo! Sports

10. Marvin Williams(notes) ®: Remains to be seen how much the Hawks will spend to keep him. He’s long, athletic and his defense has steadily improved. At 23 years old, Williams has the potential to make some team very happy.

I guess we can add John Schuhmann of NBA.com to our list of squawkers.

And Johnny Ludden of Yahoo! Sports

and Hollinger too. Hawksquawk rules.

Marvin Williams (restricted, Atlanta)

Continuing that age theme: If you’re going to dive into the free agent pool, doesn’t it make more sense to add 23-year-olds than 36-year-olds? Well, Williams is 23 and is coming off a strong season, one in which he ranked 13th among small forwards in PER at 16.04 while becoming the Hawks’ main defensive stopper on the wings.

At 6-9, he has the length to harass opposing small forwards, and he added the 3-pointer to his arsenal last season, hitting 35.5 percent. His tendency to fade into the background can be vexing, but on the right team that’s not necessarily a bad thing. And as his offensive game continues to blossom, he could be the quiet gem in this year’s free-agent class. Not that he’ll come cheaply — Atlanta is likely to match any sane offer — but his restricted status may allow the Hawks to get a great deal on a key building block.

I can imagine Diesel curled up sucking his thumb.