• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Something that still confuses me!

Wurider05

You have these superstars (lebron, Kobe, Garnett, etc) trying to talk free agents into coming to their teams for less money. My thing is that they got their fat contracts so it easy for Lebron to tell Ron Artest to take less money to be a cavalier. Have these superstars ever thought about taking less money just to they can have a better team. Then they get mad when the GM/owner is not willing to go into the luxury tax. The only superstar I ever heard of who took less money to make the team better was Tim Duncan. That is why the Spurs seemingly can go out every season and get the player that they want. Kobe is going to be crying a fit when Odom leaves so he can get paid. Know I want to see JJ pull a Tim Duncan when his time comes! How can a guy break the bank with his contract and then whine about needing help!!

You have these superstars (lebron, Kobe, Garnett, etc) trying to talk free agents into coming to their teams for less money. My thing is that they got their fat contracts so it easy for Lebron to tell Ron Artest to take less money to be a cavalier. Have these superstars ever thought about taking less money just to they can have a better team. Then they get mad when the GM/owner is not willing to go into the luxury tax. The only superstar I ever heard of who took less money to make the team better was Tim Duncan. That is why the Spurs seemingly can go out every season and get the player that they want. Kobe is going to be crying a fit when Odom leaves so he can get paid. Know I want to see JJ pull a Tim Duncan when his time comes! How can a guy break the bank with his contract and then whine about needing help!!

Excelent points !

I have heard of very few guys to give money back like: Chipper Jones and Magic Johnson.

But you are right on with your point !

You have these superstars (lebron, Kobe, Garnett, etc) trying to talk free agents into coming to their teams for less money.

Not really. They are trying to talk free agents into coming to their teams for the same money. Most teams are only able to offer the MLE, so you have to throw in the extras to get them to go to your team. Sheed basically knows he will be making the MLE next season, now it is just a matter of who can convince him they are the best team for him.

Shaq did it in Miami. Miami won a title.

Right on!

I mean, when will someone say it's enough???

I know how naive this sounds, but we all know it's the thruth! Greed is eatin' this world alive... and we are witnessing it right in front of our eyes...

There's no love for the game... except us, the fans...

P.S. I'm not blaming just players, 'cause everybody is on the roll... the whole industry (especialy, freakin' agents)... and finaly, it just kills the game, slowly...