• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

And then there were three.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Detroit used their cap space on CV+Gordon. Bye, bye most of cap space.

Memphis trade for Z-Bo. Bye, bye cap space.

OKC has ~$12M to spend --> Rumored to be offering Millsap

Portland & Toronto have ~$11M to spend --> Turkoglu

Sacramento has ~$8M to spend

Detroit still has ~$7M to spend

The market for Bibby, Marvin, and Zaza just narrowed significantly. The Turkoglu loser might be interested, so we're not out of the woods yet, but things are clearing up in a hurry.

The market for Bibby, Marvin, and Zaza just narrowed significantly. The Turkoglu loser might be interested, so we're not out of the woods yet, but things are clearing up in a hurry.

Title of the thread reminds me of that Seinfeld episode...master of the domain...love it..thats awesome things are working out well for us so far.

who is Z-bo?

I'm assuming Detroit renouced Iverson. It is going to be interesting to see what kind of offers he gets.

if iverson ends up not getting an offer, i'd like to bring him in....he'd be a good addition for depth i feel and in my opinion he has more in the tank.

who is Z-bo?

if iverson ends up not getting an offer, i'd like to bring him in....he'd be a good addition for depth i feel and in my opinion he has more in the tank.

He's too redundant with Crawford and Teague and maybe Bibby or Flip still in the fold. I'd prefer a much taller wing who's focus wasn't on scoring.

who is Z-bo?

Zbo is Zach Randolph.

Pass on Iverson. He can't play the point, doesn't play D and is a very inefficient scoring ball hog.

• Premium Member
ESPN is reporting $55 mil over 5 years for Gordon and $40 mil over 5 years for CV. Assuming max raises, that means Gordon starts at $9,482,759 and CV starts at $6,896,552. So they used up $16,379,311. Sham is reporting that they have $39,202,577 committed. Oberto is only guaranteed $1,900,000 so if we take that away then Detroit has $37,302,577. With a $58,600,000 cap projected, they have $21,297,423 under the cap. After this deal, they will have $4,918,112. They are officially bottom feeders for free agency now, even bigger bottom feeders if they keep Oberto.

Am I wrong to be underwhelmed by the haul?

Can't believe Detroit blew all that cap on Ben and CV. I thought the whole purpose of freeing up that space was so they could take on a max deal from a superstar. Ahwell I guess it remains to be seen what they do with Rip and Tayshaun for 2010.

• Premium Member

I just can't imagine Memphis doing that.

• Premium Member
ESPN is reporting $55 mil over 5 years for Gordon and $40 mil over 5 years for CV. Assuming max raises, that means Gordon starts at $9,482,759 and CV starts at $6,896,552. So they used up $16,379,311. Sham is reporting that they have $39,202,577 committed. Oberto is only guaranteed $1,900,000 so if we take that away then Detroit has $37,302,577. With a $58,600,000 cap projected, they have $21,297,423 under the cap. After this deal, they will have $4,918,112. They are officially bottom feeders for free agency now, even bigger bottom feeders if they keep Oberto.

Yep. I updated my numbers to adjust for more salary for CV and the fact they've already waived Oberto.

I've got them as a bit under $6M.

Certainly starting to look better.

• Admin
who is Z-bo?

He really wouldn't. He would be a terrible addition to this team. Iverson is a problem nowadays. He is a chemistry killer (ask Denver and Detroit). He is selfish and is not the player he once was (although he thinks he still is). If Larry Brown in Charlotte wants him...all the best.

Am I wrong to be underwhelmed by the haul?

It seems like they're going away from their "defense wins" approach that brought them titles. Ben Gordon nor Charlie V play defense. I also think they should have learned their lesson from last year's Iverson experiment. They've taken a step back from last year's underwhelming team IMO.

They've essentially replaced AI, McDyess, Sheed and Amir Johnson with Ben Gordon, Charlie V, and Oberto. Not really an upgrade IMO.

It seems like they're going away from their "defense wins" approach that brought them titles. Ben Gordon nor Charlie V play defense. I also think they should have learned their lesson from last year's Iverson experiment. They've taken a step back from last year's underwhelming team IMO.

They've essentially replaced AI, McDyess, Sheed and Amir Johnson with Ben Gordon, Charlie V, and Oberto. Not really an upgrade IMO.

I agree ! No upgrades at all. Can you get the most out of Rip and Gordon both at SG ?

Detroit has no frontcourt defense. Charlie V is one of the worst defenders in the league. He doesn't even try. He will be their Rasheed Wallace I guess.

Oberto tries but you can't match him up against team's best post option.

Maxiel is a nice energy piece but is a fringe starter at best.

The backcourt is rather odd match too.

Would not be suprised if they miss the playoffs.

If I'm a Bulls fan, I'm like the WTF ? Chicago offered Gordon $54 mill last year and he rejected it to sign for $55 mill the very next year.

I agree, the Detroit moves are strange.

I don't think all the movement really affects the competition for Zaza as suggested. Z is going somewhere for the MLE. The question is who does he want to play for?

Atlanta

Houston

San Antonio

Those are the teams that I think are interested, but others may emerge. Houston is the biggest problem because they can offer a starting position.

The options for Marvin, however, are really small now. I don't see anyone being able to make a serious play at him unless some serious salary manuvering occurs with some team.

San Antonio is still a big problem. They can offer Zaza a starting C job to keep Duncan's declining body from banging with Cs all the time. Starting job, championship contender at same price? Be hard to turn down because I doubt Sund would go to far above MLE to keep him.