• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

And then there were three.

mrhonline

• Premium Member
San Antonio is still a big problem. They can offer Zaza a starting C job to keep Duncan's declining body from banging with Cs all the time. Starting job, championship contender at same price? Be hard to turn down because I doubt Sund would go to far above MLE to keep him.

Agreed.

• Moderators
It seems like they're going away from their "defense wins" approach that brought them titles. Ben Gordon nor Charlie V play defense. I also think they should have learned their lesson from last year's Iverson experiment. They've taken a step back from last year's underwhelming team IMO.

They've essentially replaced AI, McDyess, Sheed and Amir Johnson with Ben Gordon, Charlie V, and Oberto. Not really an upgrade IMO.

Actually, it is essentially replacing Billups, McDyess, Sheed, and Amir Johnson with Gordon, Charlie and Oberto.

Downgrade in the shortterm and mediocre in the longterm.

I honestly thought Dumars was one of the relative-genius GMs of the current group... I know I'm not alone. Could it be that he was just more lucky than good?

He did take Darko #2, after all. That's way more of a whiff than Marvin.

i can see Gordon because Stuckey has the size to guard 2s. You want Gordon playing with a big pg. I am having a hard time seeing the reasoning behind CV though.

Charlie V. and Kwame will be a dominant frontcourt. Kwame punishing down low and Charlie knocking daggers from all corners of the court!

/bluefont

• Premium Member
I'm assuming Detroit renouced Iverson. It is going to be interesting to see what kind of offers he gets.

Allen Iverson = AI or "The Answer"

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Can't believe Detroit blew all that cap on Ben and CV. I thought the whole purpose of freeing up that space was so they could take on a max deal from a superstar. Ahwell I guess it remains to be seen what they do with Rip and Tayshaun for 2010.

THATS EXACTLY WHAT THEIR HOPING: That either 1 or both of them become the stars (with them having the green light) and both having the potential to be allstars. Prince (on a contract year) can step into a bigger leadership role along with Rip. Stuckey can definitely be their allstar as well and their main core is pretty young.

THATS EXACTLY WHAT THEIR HOPING: That either 1 or both of them become the stars (with them having the green light) and both having the potential to be allstars. Prince (on a contract year) can step into a bigger leadership role along with Rip. Stuckey can definitely be their allstar as well and their main core is pretty young.

But these guys are clearly second tier compared to what's going to be available next year. That cap would have definetly got them 1 or two at the outside max players like Bosh, Amare or hell even Joe. Or they could have traded for a star on longterm deal from a team looking for cap relief. It's just dissapointing that they blew their cap so soon on one dimesional players when they could have had superstars is all.

They have also gotten a lot younger. One superstar in a SNT situation next year and they are contending again.