• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

John Hollinger's valuation of Bibby

drzachary

Hugh (ATL)

What's a realistic dollar figure for Bibby? Do the Hawks even have room for him anymore?

John Hollinger

I'd say his value tops out at 3 yrs, $15 mil, but I'd a lot more comfortable with two years if I was running a team. I've heard he and the Hawks are getting close, and yes, I think there's room for another PG, whether it's Bibby or somebody like Jarrett Jack (whom I've also heard ATL likes).

Hugh (ATL)

What's a realistic dollar figure for Bibby? Do the Hawks even have room for him anymore?

John Hollinger

I'd say his value tops out at 3 yrs, $15 mil, but I'd a lot more comfortable with two years if I was running a team. I've heard he and the Hawks are getting close, and yes, I think there's room for another PG, whether it's Bibby or somebody like Jarrett Jack (whom I've also heard ATL likes).

Needless to say, I think we'd all dance with glee if we got Bibby for 3/15, or 2/11 or so.

Do it...wow I thought maybe 3 year 25 mill.....if 3 year 15 or 2 and 11mill lets get it done asap....wow if we get him back at that price, all we would need is front court help. Zaza next.

MLE offer from another team would probably be something along the lines of 3 years, $18M.

3 years, $21M is more realistic.

I think giving him 3 years and $18M-$20M is fair. POR is the only team I could see offering him that much and if he would rather go there than here, so be it.

I know that market is shrinking, but I just cannot believe that Bibby's gonna settle for 3/15... More realistic asking figure is 3/24... and if I was Sund, I would put 3/21 (max) on the table.

P.S. Many sources around the league stated that Dre Miller is looking for 10 per... and his value is similar to Bibby's.

Why not go after Andre Miller or Ramon Sessions? Both of these PGs are much better players and defenders then Bibby I dont think Bibby has much left in the tank the guy barely penetrates we need a true passer

post-105-1246569897_thumb.jpg

I know that market is shrinking, but I just cannot believe that Bibby's gonna settle for 3/15... More realistic asking figure is 3/24... and if I was Sund, I would put 3/21 (max) on the table.

P.S. Many sources around the league stated that Dre Miller is looking for 10 per... and his value is similar to Bibby's.

Latrell Sprewell took that same attitude with MIN when they offered him a 3 yr/$21M extension talking about how he was insulted by the offer and that he had to feed his family. The following year, he didn't even get an MLE offer and he was soon out of the league. These aging players can let their pride get in the way if they want but Bibby is not going to get $7M a season on the open market in this economy and we shouldn't give him that much either. I'm giving him a $15M offer for 3 years to start and I would be willing to go up to $18M for 3 years. I would dare him to do better.

Like I said why bibby? Why not Andre MIller or Ramon Sessions better players better defenders.

Andre Miller will cost more and likely won't be as good of a fit he can't shoot as well from the outside shooting from the outside is really important in our offense

Ramon Sessions won't be an option he is already being matched I doubt the Hawks will want to pay too much to outbid for his services I do think he would be good here though

Why do people feel we need a true passer. Woody's offense has not called for one and Bibby does exactly what the offense requires and that is to make shots.

If Bibby played defense he would be perfect for the Hawks.

Why do people feel we need a true passer. Woody's offense has not called for one and Bibby does exactly what the offense requires and that is to make shots.

If Bibby played defense he would be perfect for the Hawks.

Ya but he does not play defense he is one of the worst defensive pgs in the league and that makes him a huge liablity ok bibby can shoot but he can longer penetrate as much as he did when he was younger. Sessions or Miller would be huge upgrades over Bibby if im the Hawks I wait to see what happens with those guys before you bring Bibby back who is not as good as those guys imo.

• Moderators
Like I said why bibby? Why not Andre MIller or Ramon Sessions better players better defenders.

If we want to sign Miller or Sessions, we have to use our MLE and can't get a big man not already on our roster or willing to sign a minimum or LLE contract.

If we sign Bibby, we can go over the cap since we have Bird rights.

Also, Bibby is the only one who can shoot from the perimeter and Woodson is still calling the shots.

Edited by AHF

One is 4 years older and wants 10million and the other is a restricted free agent that's why.

Miller will not get 10 million in this market no way. Miller is 2 years older then Bibby and still a better player. I dont care if Sessions is Restricted the guy is a flat out stud he is gonna be a big time player in this league.