• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks can find bargains in free agency

pimp

• Premium Member

Those may be bargains, but given Sund's public claim to be pursuing ways to catch the teams in front of us, I'm not sure that any of them qualify as significant contributors toward that end. I'm hoping this isn't anything more than a space filler until Sekou uncovers more and better information... but I think we all probably fear that it might be Sekou's way of saying, "It's time to look at the bargain bin b/c none of the upper eschelon of FAs are talking to us now."

That might allow us to win Round 1 in fewer than seven games, but it's not going to cut it if the goal is truly the next level... needless to say.

Yeah, well I think you're just getting your hopes up for anything more. What good big guys are out there that haven't "agreed in principal" to a contract with another team?

I'd love Wilcox or even Bass. He's a tough rebounder. If we got one of these guys I'd be happy . . . . . I guess.

Yeah. Bass is pretty good too. I mean, they aren't great, but it would definitely be a step up from last year. With Wilcox I think there is actually room to improve too. I think he might be better than people give him credit for being.

Man why not a play for lil Nate. We don't need any more shooters at the guard rotation. Teague shot 44% from 21 feet out at Wake. Crawford can fill it up from outside(he seems to settle for the 20 foot jumpshot just like Bibby) and we know what Joe can do. We need something dynamic at the pg position. Nate is not a true 1 but he is easily the best perimeter defender at guard period.

New York has 70 million tied up this year with Lee already fielding big offers.

We don't need anymore guards.

Yeah we actually need a guy to man the point.

Nate Robinson - Joe Johnson - MW - Josh Smith - Al Horford

Jeff Teague - Jamal Crawford - Mo Evans - Chris Wilcox - David Andersen

The rest: Mario West, Solo, etc.

Actually Magic fans from other forums are impressed by Theo Ratliff. Some say that out of all the big man that guarded Dwight Howard, Theo Ratliff was one of the toughest ones. I wouldn't mind snagging him to hold guys like Dwight Howard down.

Actually Magic fans from other forums are impressed by Theo Ratliff. Some say that out of all the big man that guarded Dwight Howard, Theo Ratliff was one of the toughest ones. I wouldn't mind snagging him to hold guys like Dwight Howard down.

When Orlando can have him cause Theo stinks. Lo also played Howard well at times. Maybe we should bring him back.

When Orlando can have him cause Theo stinks. Lo also played Howard well at times. Maybe we should bring him back.

Few big men power forward/center types go unnoticed. It isn't like getting guards or small forwards. Teams like the Lakers,Celtics,Spurs grab up the bigs most of the time and we have to settle for the scraps. I get tired every year it's this way cap or no cap. Make a statement and go after a big for once. In today's game you need role big men since finding one elite big is hard. Teams like the Celtics have 2 bigs at center and power forwards while the Hawks have who? There is power in numbers and if the Hawks think they can find bigs in the scrap heap worth a darn their kidding themselves.