• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Zaza update from Sekou's twitter

pimp

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawks made an offer to Zaza according to Sekou Smith's... it's on Twitter.

I saw it originaly on Hoopshype. It's briefly stated that Hawks are now waiting for Zaza's response...

Sorry, but I found nothing in reference to the lenght/amount of the contract that Hawks have offered...

Like I've said, there was nothing regarding the terms of the contract... but I assume you're not far... maybe even 4/20.

P.S. We'll know more by the end of the day, 'cause Sekou is surely going to publish something on AJC...

Edited by T21

• Premium Member
Like I've said, there was nothing regarding the terms of the contract... but I assume you're not far... maybe even 4/24.

P.S. We'll know more by the end of the day, 'cause Sekou is surely going to publish something on AJC...

I was thinking about ~$6M per year, too. That's basically the same contract given to Craig Claxton.

I was thinking about ~$6M per year, too. That's basically the same contract given to Craig Claxton.

I have just edited my post, 'cause I've made a typo... I was thinking about 4/20...

Anyway, It could be 6 per year if it's shorter term contract, but if Hawks offered 5-yrs it could be 5/25...

• Premium Member
I have just edited my post, 'cause I've made a typo... I was thinking about 4/20...

Anyway, It could be 6 per year if it's shorter term contract, but if Hawks offered 5-yrs it could be 5/25...

5/25 sounds better. I would take 5/1 in a NY nanosecond.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

5/25 sounds better. I would take 5/1 in a NY nanosecond.

I guess that would be fair and very close to the real market value! Gortat is going to get something similar... as his price soared after the Playoffs.

• Premium Member
I guess that would be fair and very close to the real market value! Gortat is going to get something similar... as his price soared after the Playoffs.

The problem is that you can't pay Zaza more than what you plan to pay Bibby. Right?

The problem is that you can't pay Zaza more than what you plan to pay Bibby. Right?

I agree!

I also think Hawks are in a very good position to negotiate Bibby's contract (Philly's 1-year offer, plus the way the market has played out so far...)

Gortat will likely get around 5 years, $32M. (~$6.5M/year).

Expecting Zaza for much cheaper is probably a mistake.

I was thinking that Gortat would get between 5.5 to 6 per year... However, for some reason (upside, Playoffs, media hype...) Gortat became more attractive than Zaza.

it was the media hype, although gortat was good during the reg. season. he blew up all over ESPN's face. i think zaza would get the same as gortat. MLE-type money. good news is we've already gone halfway down our free agent list.

draft-check

bibby-check

zaza-check

flip-check (crawford)

marvin-pending...

• Premium Member
I was thinking that Gortat would get between 5.5 to 6 per year... However, for some reason (upside, Playoffs, media hype...) Gortat became more attractive than Zaza.

The full-MLE is going to be ~$6.5M per year.

We'll know the exact figure on Wednesday.

it was the media hype, although gortat was good during the reg. season. he blew up all over ESPN's face. i think zaza would get the same as gortat. MLE-type money. good news is we've already gone halfway down our free agent list.

draft-check

bibby-check

zaza-check

flip-check (crawford)

marvin-pending...

Providing that everything plays-out the way it's unfolding so far, we could have all our FA pieces back... plus Crawford, Teague and hopefuly another big! I would be more than happy with that coming into next season!

P.S. So far Sund has done an admirable job. Let's hope he'll finish what he started on a high note...

The full-MLE is going to be ~$6.5M per year.

We'll know the exact figure on Wednesday.

Is there still a LLE and can the Hawks use both this year? Also what do you think the ball park salary will be for the LLE?

Gortat will likely get around 5 years, $32M. (~$6.5M/year).

Expecting Zaza for much cheaper is probably a mistake.

Could the argument be made that Gortat is getting paid to be a likely starter whereas Zaza is most likely going to be a bench guy? I agree that expecting Zaza for much less is a mistake but Starter Vs. Bench should factor into his negotiations with us.