• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What Kind of Minutes Will Teague Get Now?

BusBoyIsBack

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we will bring this guy along slowly but I hope he doesn't get Mario West minutes now that we have Bibby and Crawford in front of him

I think his penetrating ability will get him some time on the floor as a change of pace. Johnson, Crawford, and Bibby aren't going to make many plays going to the basket. Flip Murray offered that nice change of pace last season, and while Crawford will replace Murray in his role, he's not the penetrator that Flip is. So, Teague should at least get some time as the 9th man in the rotation.

What we are looking at right now:

PG - Mike Bibby

SG - Joe Johnson

SF - Marvin Williams?

PF - Josh Smith

C - Al Horford

6th - Jamal Crawford

7th - Zaza Pachulia?

8th - Mo Evans

9th - Jeff Teague

10th - David Anderson?

11th - Solomon Jones

12th - Mario West

13th - Randolph Morris

not much

I suspect (or maybe i am just hoping) that Mo Evans is the one who will have a hard time getting minutes. Other than making 3s he didn't do much this past season. He is a lame finisher inside and a suspect defender.

but he's a vet,that's all that matters.

I know we will bring this guy along slowly but I hope he doesn't get Mario West minutes now that we have Bibby and Crawford in front of him

He'll play the Acie Law role until Woody gets a contract extension. Crawford is a way better PG than Flip, among other things.

• Moderators

I think your rotation looks good, KB, but I would think the 8-10 positions would be very fluid depending on how people are producing. David Andersen or Teague could very, very easily vault over Mo, IMO. I think Mo will be losing minutes to Crawford.

I think your rotation looks good, KB, but I would think the 8-10 positions would be very fluid depending on how people are producing. David Andersen or Teague could very, very easily vault over Mo, IMO. I think Mo will be losing minutes to Crawford.

Maybe so. Mo was really good at his role last season which was being a spot up three point shooter. I think half his shots were three point shots, and most of those were assisted.

I suspect (or maybe i am just hoping) that Mo Evans is the one who will have a hard time getting minutes. Other than making 3s he didn't do much this past season. He is a lame finisher inside and a suspect defender.

Isiah told Sund that Crawford is not a bad defensive player, but he is a little week to play D on physical 2s. Crawford played good defense when Isiah put Marbury on 2s and Crawford on 1s.

Crawford has great length and quickness. I hope he gets some muscles. Defensive willingness will be automatic. Look at what happened to Flip who played no D until he came here.

Woodson is practically under a mandate to play JT. Notice all the information coming out of the Hawks F/O before the draft. All we heard about was how much more involved Woodson was in player evaluation and selection. This means Woodson now has to put Teague on the court. Sund isn't going to tolerate Woody not playing his first pick as Hawks GM.

Sund is going to hold Woodson accountable for his actions (finally) and I hope the ASG backs Sund up with that decision.

So my guess is that JT gets between 10 and 16 a night depending upon matchups and how quickly he's developing.

I agree that Mo is the odd-man out in the rotation- which is fine by me.

Woodson is practically under a mandate to play JT. Notice all the information coming out of the Hawks F/O before the draft. All we heard about was how much more involved Woodson was in player evaluation and selection. This means Woodson now has to put Teague on the court. Sund isn't going to tolerate Woody not playing his first pick as Hawks GM.

Sund is going to hold Woodson accountable for his actions (finally) and I hope the ASG backs Sund up with that decision.

So my guess is that JT gets between 10 and 16 a night depending upon matchups and how quickly he's developing.

I agree that Mo is the odd-man out in the rotation- which is fine by me.

I think you guys are undervaluing what Mo gives us, which is the only guy on our bench capable of backing up the 3 both offensively and defensively. I don't see him as being an irreplaceable player by any stretch of the imagination but right now he's the only guy that can come off the bench for Marvin and even then he's not a natural SF. I'd much rather have Chillz in that role but that may never happen again.

I think you guys are undervaluing what Mo gives us, which is the only guy on our bench capable of backing up the 3 both offensively and defensively. I don't see him as being an irreplaceable player by any stretch of the imagination but right now he's the only guy that can come off the bench for Marvin and even then he's not a natural SF. I'd much rather have Chillz in that role but that may never happen again.

I thought Mo was OK when he replaced Marvin. However, Mo gets destroyed by larger and longer SFs.

Fact is that the Hawks are actually a little thin at SF right now. But if it comes down to having a backup SF or a big man, you go big man every time (assuming like quality).

For depth, we'll have to rely on Smith playing some at SF, as it makes me cringe.

I thought Mo was OK when he replaced Marvin. However, Mo gets destroyed by larger and longer SFs.

Fact is that the Hawks are actually a little thin at SF right now. But if it comes down to having a backup SF or a big man, you go big man every time (assuming like quality).

For depth, we'll have to rely on Smith playing some at SF, as it makes me cringe.

I certainly agree there but since Mo is under contract for 1 more season we might as well use him.

I would be okay with Smith playing minutes at the 3 if we brought over DA since he can stretch the D from the 4 spot.

I certainly agree there but since Mo is under contract for 1 more season we might as well use him in a trade.

fixed :biggrin:

But, yes, use him if we have him.

• Premium Member

Woody has to know that a guy wants to be out there. We can go down the list of guys that have not seen daylight under Woody and they all seem to have one thing in common. Hopefully Teague is a true go-getter and Woody will not have a choice but to play him.

One exception would be Mario West. Mario gives 100% of his god given ability. Unfortunately for Mario that ability is very limited.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

I thought Mo was a pretty good defender.

If you're looking for Teague to guard anyone, you'll be dissappointed. He didn't play very much of it in college.

Yea, Mo couln't guard Wade or LeBron in the playoffs. It was amazing how easily they both blew past him... but they are amazing players.

Yea, Mo couln't guard Wade or LeBron in the playoffs. It was amazing how easily they both blew past him... but they are amazing players.

I was very disappointed in Mo's D last year. I thought there was a HUGE drop off in our perimeter D when either Marvin or JJ went to the bench and Mo came in. I thought he would be able to at least slow down some of the better SGs in the league but that was definitely not the case.

I did like that Mo consistently knocked down his open 3's and that he hustled and gave a solid effort on both ends of the floor. He was simply not as effective as a defender (or finisher) as I thought he was going to be. If he's back, I'm not upset with it at all but he is nowhere NEAR as good as Chillz all around.

Assuming Bibby, JJ, Crawford, Evans and Marvin all remain with the team through the season, I don't see how Teague gets more then 10 minutes a game unless one of those guys goes down with an injury or he really impresses early on.

You have to figure JJ is getting at least 35 minutes, Bibby around 30 (5 minutes less then last year), Crawford at least 25 and Mo around 10-15. Marvin will likely have small forward locked down for 35 minutes a night too.