• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

A (Statistical) Truth About Mike Bibby

Admin

Maybe you could try looking them up for yourself.

http://www.82games.com/index.htm

Why should I look them up when you're giving me Bibby's numbers and saying the other's aren't even close? I just assumed you already had them, sheesh.

That is interesting that the gap is that large. That definatly puts more weight in your argument than total PG's scored vs each team and that's all I was saying.

Edited by Dsinner

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. I like when JJ, Marvin, Smoove, and Horford swith b/c they are all versatile enough to defend the perimeter and the post.

We are kind of forced into switching with Bibby. Either we switch or his man blows right by him.........pick your poison............I would rather Bibby let his man blow by him then to see Bibby get switched on a big in the paint.

Al and Josh are poor perimeter defenders and Joe and Marv are poor post defenders. The margin of how bad Bibby is on D should not be a surprise to anyone especially a Hawks fan.

Al is a very good perimeter defender for his size. Josh isn't poor, but he isn't all that good. Joe does ok in the post so long as it isn't a big center or a long big man. Marv isn't spectacular, but he isn't poor. Bibby isn't that bad of a defender, but we are a team that has been built to switch. In this year's playoffs, he's had some games when he played pretty solid defense.

Al is a very good perimeter defender for his size. Josh isn't poor, but he isn't all that good. Joe does ok in the post so long as it isn't a big center or a long big man. Marv isn't spectacular, but he isn't poor. Bibby isn't that bad of a defender, but we are a team that has been built to switch. In this year's playoffs, he's had some games when he played pretty solid defense.

Bibby plays decent in a team scheme. He knows passing lanes and which play is developing. It's just man on D where his feet aren't quick enough to keep up with many. Knowing that, teams would abuse our switching d to isolate him either on a guy he had to stick while they went at Al with a guard or on someone that would take him off the dribble.