• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

This team needs at least one more significant addition to the 08-09 roster

sturt

if we resign zaza, i think we need another decent sign....becfause if we don't the only progressions we would have made in the offseason is subbing flip for crawford and acie for teague.....and while i think that is an improvement on both fronts, it's not enough to catch the top of the eastern conference or distance ourselves from those behind us....although a david andersen or someone else may not be superstars, they will still put our bench in a much better position....

As Sekou noted recently, there are a lot of guys who in years past seemed to be the cream of the FA crop and significant additions to their new teams' rosters... but who, after all was said and done, whether b/c of injury or whatever, didn't actually pan out to be nearly as significant as thought.

Would Gortat or Sheed have been significant? Possibly.

Would Bruce Bowen represent a significant addition? Almost certainly not.

Would David AndersEn? Not if he's a replacement for ZaZa... by definition that's not an addition. If otoh, he's an addition, possibly, but of course, hard to say with any certainty.

It concerns me that I'm not hearing any other names. But at the same time, I have to allow for Sund being good at holding his cards close to his vest, and hope that there's a Chilz SnT that will bring us a big who can, at minimum, make an impact on the team similar to how Flip did this past season.

Eventually, we may find that while BOS, ORL and CLE make splashy moves, perhaps we can generate 1-13 depth that, while maybe not overwhelming, keeps us from suffering too much due to injuries through the year, and allows us to keep fresh bodies on the floor enough through the regular season that our best aren't beaten up like other teams' as we enter the post season.

Yeah, I know... "what about Woody"... but it's a plausible theory except for that... and who knows, maybe this will be the year that Woody does what he says he knows he needs to do.

i'd like to c andersen come to da hawks