• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Bibby's agent - Bibby-Hawks have agreed on deal.

jerrywest

Hopefully this puts to rest the ridiculous claims that Bibby doesn't respect Woody and yada yada yada.

Falk said the agreement is a good fit for both parties. He said the 31-year-old Bibby has enjoyed his time playing for Atlanta coach Mike Woodson, who has leaned on the 11-year veteran to lead a young team.

"It has been a very good environment for Mike," Falk said. "He enjoys playing for Coach Woodson, who has allowed him to be a coach on the floor."

Hopefully this puts to rest the ridiculous claims that Bibby doesn't respect Woody and yada yada yada.

I hope. I don't want anymore vague YouTube clips where Bibby may or may not have disagreed with Woodson once this year. Ridiculous.

• Premium Member

Would you expect his agent to say anything different?

If anything it proves, yet again, how clueless Woody is with an NBA offense.

I am glad Bibby is back as, hands down, he is the most under appreciated player on our team. He may be a defensive liability but he does what he can with the athletic ability (or lack-there-of) he has. The most importan thing is that he is the definition of a leader. I was at the Lakers game last year and I remember during warm-ups Bibby was joking around and laughing with our young team before tip-off. He knew how many Lakers fans were in our building and he could sense our young team was probably a little to wound up for it. Well we won that game and a lot of it had to to with Bibby.

• Premium Member
Actually, I would.

I could have been wrong about Woody and Bibby's relationship. Just because there seems to be a little tension coming from Bibby doesn't mean he hates Woody. They could have one of the love/hate relationship that centers around a mutual respect. One thing we do know is that Woody absolutely adores Bibby.

If anything it proves, yet again, how clueless Woody is with an NBA offense.

And at the same time proves that he knows his own deficiencies and doesn't let the pride of him being the head coach get in the way of what he knows is best for the offense.

I am glad Bibby is back as, hands down, he is the most under appreciated player on our team. He may be a defensive liability but he does what he can with the athletic ability (or lack-there-of) he has. The most importan thing is that he is the definition of a leader. I was at the Lakers game last year and I remember during warm-ups Bibby was joking around and laughing with our young team before tip-off. He knew how many Lakers fans were in our building and he could sense our young team was probably a little to wound up for it. Well we won that game and a lot of it had to to with Bibby.

Yes he is very under-appreciated and I'm very happy to have him back.

Nah, even though he was a free agent and could sing anywhere he wanted he just came back to the Hawks because he wants to curse Woody out every night and be a youtube star ha ha.

Nah, even though he was a free agent and could sing anywhere he wanted he just came back to the Hawks because he wants to curse Woody out every night and be a youtube star ha ha.

Dang he sings too? Does he do that when he's skipping up the court?? :beer:

• Premium Member
I would love Bibby too, if he saved my Job. :biggrin:

That he did.

• Premium Member
He did more coaching last year than Woody. Too bad he can't 'bench' Woody if he doesn't do what he's told.

I think this day should be known as "We Love Bibbs Day" and on this day we should only talk about what Bibbs is and forget about what he's not.

:beer:

And at the same time proves that he knows his own deficiencies and doesn't let the pride of him being the head coach get in the way of what he knows is best for the offense.

Ahh, well played Dolfan. Well played indeed.

Woody's still an idiot. :tongue:

Wasn't there a thread about star players demanding large sums of money but then turning arround and asking for tallented help the orgization can't afford?

Okay, so Bibby isn't Lebron or Kobe, but I'm sure he understands that he has to give a little at this point in his carreer if he wants a ring... If this is the case, props to him.

Ahh, well played Dolfan. Well played indeed.

Woody's still an idiot. :tongue:

Thank you sir.

I wouldn't call him the sharpest head coach in the league but I wouldn't call him an idiot either. Probably a comfortable place in between though.