• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Bibby's agent - Bibby-Hawks have agreed on deal.

jerrywest

• Premium Member
Wasn't there a thread about star players demanding large sums of money but then turning arround and asking for tallented help the orgization can't afford?

Okay, so Bibby isn't Lebron or Kobe, but I'm sure he understands that he has to give a little at this point in his carreer if he wants a ring... If this is the case, props to him.

You have something there. Bibby is filthy rich. I don't think it's about the money at this point so he must see potential in what's happening here.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

I just cant believe that woody would actually let him coach the floor. I really dont believe this statement, it has to be a flat out lie.

I just dont think bibby would run an iso offense when coaching the floor or maybe im miss understanding the qoute that says "It has

been a very good environment for Mike," Falk said. "He enjoys playing for Coach Woodson, who has allowed him to be a coach on

the floor."(uhhhhh when does he coach the floor Falk or are you telling me that bibby is calling all these bonehead iso jj plays on

the offense? I mean whats up)

SOMEBODY HELP ME UNDERSTAND CAUSE I AINT GETTIN IT!!!!!!!

LINK:http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4310653

Edited by JTB

• Premium Member

Does this mean that "We Love Bibbs Day" is officially over.

So the Hawks don't do anything good on offense? They never have a really good inbound play? They never run any type of plays in the offense?

These guys are pros. You could put them on the floor the day they first met with no coach and they would run a couple quick plays like Iso's, PNR's, and some screens and cuts off the ball. After 5 years, Woody's offense is no better than that, and I can't think of a single coach I've ever seen in the NBA that was any worse at scheming offensively. Can you?

And no I don't recall us ever having a really good inbound play. We are typically worse coming out of a timeout than going in. Either way if it's crunch time, it's JJ coming off a baseline screen to catch the ball at the perimeter, run the clock down, and then go iso.

So the Hawks don't do anything good on offense? They never have a really good inbound play? They never run any type of plays in the offense?

Correct!

Dribble, dribble, dribble, miss. (Occasionally, hit.)

These guys are pros. You could put them on the floor the day they first met with no coach and they would run a couple quick plays like Iso's, PNR's, and some screens and cuts off the ball. After 5 years, Woody's offense is no better than that, and I can't think of a single coach I've ever seen in the NBA that was any worse at scheming offensively. Can you?

And no I don't recall us ever having a really good inbound play. We are typically worse coming out of a timeout than going in. Either way if it's crunch time, it's JJ coming off a baseline screen to catch the ball at the perimeter, run the clock down, and then go iso.

I don't know Lascar, I think you're over simplifying the NBA game to suggest that in 5 years the Hawks run the same offense that they'd run without coaching in the first few minutes of playing together.

There were some very good inbound plays run throughout the year. Granted it's not the norm, but Woody did draw up some great plays from time to time.