• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks agree to terms with Zaza! 4yrs/19mil - per ESPN

NowYouKnow

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, that "significantly more money" has me wondering how much money did that really play KING ZAZA. He is one of my favorite players but I don't want Sund to go bunkers. lol

The crazy thing about it is that Zaza has said nothing about this on his twitter page

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

Sorry, that "significantly more money" has me wondering how much money did that really play KING ZAZA. He is one of my favorite players but I don't want Sund to go bunkers. lol

I doubt it's that much more than he made last season. Probably close to the MLE if I had to guess. 1.5 million more is significantly more money IMO.

Excellent news, that's VERY reasonable IMO. And Chad Ford compliments the Hawks as well!

Agreed to Terms With: Hawks

Salary: 4 years, $19 million

The Hawks have done a good job of getting in there and one-by-one re-signing their free agents. With Bibby and Pachulia wrapped up their attention now turns to Marvin Williams.

Excellent news, that's VERY reasonable IMO. And Chad Ford compliments the Hawks as well!

I agree! Great news!

Sund is doing something right if we get that donut to compliment us.

no details or anything, just posted on his twitter page. Hope he's right.

Update Hawks, Pachulia agree to terms

Normally i would not see this as a good move. I've never thought Zaza brought much to the team. But since it looks like there are no good big man willing to come here for this upcoming season, this looks like a good move after all. I really don't think Zaza will stay with the Hawks for 4 years. As a matter of fact, mark my words, "Zaza will not stay for the Hawks for the next 4 years." At least not if the Hawks as an organization have winning a championship as one of their short term goals. I think he will most likely be used in a package deal to get a dominant big man in the near future.

Normally i would not see this as a good move. I've never thought Zaza brought much to the team. But since it looks like there are no good big man willing to come here for this upcoming season, this looks like a good move after all. I really don't think Zaza will stay with the Hawks for 4 years. As a matter of fact, mark my words, "Zaza will not stay for the Hawks for the next 4 years." At least not if the Hawks as an organization have winning a championship as one of their short term goals. I think he will most likely be used in a package deal to get a dominant big man in the near future.

Well, I'd say there is a better chance of Zaza being with Atlanta over the next four years than there is of him being dealt for a dominant big man. Why? Because dominant big men are so few and far between these days. There aren't any coming up on the horizon at the college level. Everything is cyclic, but for the time being, the day of the dominant big men is over. The NBA will be dominated by guards in the near future.

Well, I'd say there is a better chance of Zaza being with Atlanta over the next four years than there is of him being dealt for a dominant big man. Why? Because dominant big men are so few and far between these days. There aren't any coming up on the horizon at the college level. Everything is cyclic, but for the time being, the day of the dominant big men is over. The NBA will be dominated by guards in the near future.

I disagree. Name the specific teams you are talking about that are ruling the NBA by dominant guard play. There are no Shaq like players out there, but to me the succesful teams have a capable and big frontline.

I disagree. Name the specific teams you are talking about that are ruling the NBA by dominant guard play. There are no Shaq like players out there, but to me the succesful teams have a capable and big frontline.

Outside of Dwight Howard, there was not a dominant big man in the Finals. Kobe Bryant is a guard.

Look at the top players in the NBA these days. They are guards. Kobe, Lebron, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul....etc. The rules of the league these days allows for free flowing guard play.