• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks agree to terms with Zaza! 4yrs/19mil - per ESPN

NowYouKnow

From the Euro basketball clips I've seen, DA does have a "back-to-the-basket" game, as well as a mid-range face-up game. DA would instantly become our best scorer in the post.

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405">

Nice video but Anderson will not be able to get position that easily in the post in the NBA.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is shaping up to be the best offseason in Hawks recent memory.

When we signed JJ we had also passed on two franchise Pgs at #2. Not good. Did we also sign Speedy that offseason (for more than Bibby cost us 4 yrs later?) Bad.

When we drafted Horford we also drafted Law (which didn't pan out with Woody), and as nice as Horford is, he has a ceiling and it isn't too much above where he is now.

Seriously, this offseason is impressive. Consider how LITTLE Sund has had to work with. No top 5 pick. No $25 million in cap space. Sund seriously upgrades the 6th man "position" with a scorer who can also help take the weight off JJ. Drafts a PG prospect for the future. He then quickly resigns Bibby at or under market value to an ideal deal length. Follows that with ZaZa's WELL undermarket (see CLevland's "V") deal (I expected $6 mil per avg.). Does so without any drama, with the parties involved all appearing VERY happy. If the offseason stopped right now this would be a reasonable offseason. However, we may have "saved" enough money to resign MW and another big, something I would not have expected. Moreover, no more dead weight on the first 10 on the roster. I am impressed so far and I will be ecstatic if MW resigns similarly reasonably and DA or someone similar is added.

Frankly, I believe Sund has done a serious job of selling these FAs and other acquired players on the Hawks future. I'm grateful the ownership got such an experienced GM when our resignings we upcoming. I believe no one could have prepared for Childress' Olimpkos (sp?) deal, Sund covered for it remarkably well, and the moves since then have been shrewd without much capital with which to make it happen.

W

No doubt you have to be impressed with how Sund has handled this off season so far. I agree with you that if he finds a way to resign Marv and to acquire another quality backup big, I too will be ecstatic. If he did those things and managed to get Chillz back in the fold as well (unlikely I know but not impossible - bye bye Mo), words can't describe how happy I would be.

Edited by Traceman