• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

TAKE A BOW BILLY KNIGHT

NJHAWK

• Moderators
AT the time, I don't think anybody mentioned SMITH or POWE at 5.

My point is that there's a lot of hindsight in these conversations. Both Powe and Smith were unknowns compared to Shelden.

You made two statements. One was about how Shelden was viewed coming out of college - as the second best big man in the draft (assuming Bargnani is not considered a big man).

The other was how we view him now. Saying that even now he might be the second best of the bunch is ridiculous. He is obviously outclassed by a number of guys, including those 3 2nd round picks mentioned in my prior post.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aug. 04 Atlanta trades Jason Terry, Alan Henderson, and future first for Antoine Walker and Tony Delk.

BK selects Salim 10 months later, JT goes on to shoot 41% and 42% 3pt. his final two years of his three contract he signed, Salim becomes yet another untradeable player chosen way too high that was selected mainly because of a tip from Josh Childress, that's wealthy.

Notable players chosen round 2 2005-

Brandon Bass

CJ Miles

Ronny Turiaf

Von Wafer

Monta Ellis

Louis Williams

Andray Blatche

Amir Johnson

Marcin Gortat

Instead of a one dimensional 6 foot sg, we arguably had the best lead guard since Doc Rivers and misses out on players we actually needed to supplement the roster with.

Getting rid of childress added a few wins. Adding Mo's perimeter shooting helped and Flips career season helped big time. All the injuries to our opponents certainly helped.

I never claimed Flip added 10 wins by himself. I guess when you are a BK apologist you have to make up strawman arguments since you can't make any coherent ones.

So why is your boy BK still unemployed?

:laughing5:

You said we would have been a losing team had Sund not signed Flip. Since we were 10 games over .500 I just did the math. As far as BK being unemployed its not like he was fired. He resigned because of ownership getting in the way of trades like Chills for Calderon and canning Woody who everyone knows wanted Shellhead. How many gm jobs were open this offseason?

You said we would have been a losing team had Sund not signed Flip. Since we were 10 games over .500 I just did the math. As far as BK being unemployed its not like he was fired. He resigned because of ownership getting in the way of trades like Chills for Calderon and canning Woody who everyone knows wanted Shellhead. How many gm jobs were open this offseason?

There could be a few open soon in Pheonix and Detroit so we will see..........Dunleavy bought himself atleast another 2 years with Griffin but I'd also keep my eye out for the Wizards job.

Don't know how much credit to give Sund for the Crawford trade. Hell I wouldn't even call it a trade; It was more of a gift. The most Sund had to do was pick up the phone. GS didn't want Crawford. Fact is that Larry Riley (or Nelly) valued those expiring contracts more than Crawford. If anything I guess we can give him credit for being at the right place at the right time.

Yeah.... I'd say it's a good thing for Sund he's the GM for Atlanta and not Washington.

This thread keeps getting better.

You said we would have been a losing team had Sund not signed Flip. Since we were 10 games over .500 I just did the math.

I said we COULD have had another losing season. I suggest you check Webster's online dictionary so you can understand the difference between the words would and could.

Since you are probably not aware of it i should point out that 40 wins would be a losing season, hence your math is about on par with your english.

As far as BK being unemployed its not like he was fired.

Unemployed is unemployed. There have been plenty of available jobs in over a years time, not just for GM but also assistant GM.

Edited by exodus

I'll just say this current market might be making Sund look better than he really is. David Lee can't even get an offer, and we see what Bass just signed for. It makes me wonder if we dealt for Crawford too soon. Could we have done a sign and trade for David Lee with those contracts instead?

• Moderators
I'll just say this current market might be making Sund look better than he really is. David Lee can't even get an offer, and we see what Bass just signed for. It makes me wonder if we dealt for Crawford too soon. Could we have done a sign and trade for David Lee with those contracts instead?

Those guys are RFAs. Look at what the market has given to UFAs like Gordon, Charlie, Sideshow Bob, Kidd, etc. I like what Sund did with our two key UFAs, Bibby and Zaza.