• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks make offer, Andersen rejects it.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

From El Mundo Deportivo

Los Atlanta Hawks han realizado una oferta a David Anderson para que se incorpore al equipo esta temporada, pero según apuntó ayer una fuente esa propuesta es vista por el actual ala-pívot del Barça como insuficiente. Es casi seguro que la franquicia de Atlanta, que acaba de renovar por bastante dinero a Mike Bibby y Zaza Pachulia, no pueda presentarle una mejor proposición al jugador al no disponer de suficiente dinero por debajo del tope salarial, por lo que Andersen ha pedido a Atlanta que traspase sus derechos a otra franquicia –probablemente los Houston Rockets– que tenga más interés o disponibilidad en ficharle. En cualquier caso, Andersen tiene hasta el próximo miércoles, día 15 de julio, para comunicar al Barça si se queda o se va a la NBA

It says that the Hawks have made an offer to Anderson (yes, they too spelled it wrong), but he has found it "insufficient" (too low an offer). They are speculating that this is likely the Hawks' best offer because of the money they already committed to Zaza and Bibby.

So, AndersEn has asked the Hawks to trade his rights to another team that has the money and interest. It specifically mentions the Rockets as a probability.

Edited by mrhonline

From El Mundo Deportivo

It says that the Hawks have made an offer to Anderson (yes, they too spelled it wrong), but he has found it "insufficient" (too low an offer). They are speculating that this is likely the Hawks' best offer because of the money they already committed to Zaza and Bibby.

So, AndersEn has asked the Hawks to trade his rights to another team that has the money and interest. It specifically mentions the Rockets as a probability.

Damn I hate to hear that. I guess the zaza signing made him that mad or maybe the offer we made to him......but hey how much is he expecting he isnt going to get that much from anybody. he hasnt even played in the nba yet. Anyways whats important is who or what we get out of trading his rights away.

We have got to do something with Andersen and I really do hope that we get to trade him somewhere this offseason. If Houston is a choice, how about Shane Battier?

Mo Evans + David Andersen (3-4 Million contract) for Shane Battier?

Shane Battier is the way way way better version of Mo Evans. He was in my opinion the defensive player of the year last year, adding him into our mix would be amazing.

I think Joey Dorsey is probably more realistic.

I'd suggest Andersen/Morris -for- Dorsey/2nd. He has character issues, but he's that bulldozer Sekou is always talking about.

I like the fact that Dorsey is a bruiser...just from memories at Memphis. Character issues worry me, if that's the case. We have a few potential "characters" on our team already.

We have got to do something with Andersen and I really do hope that we get to trade him somewhere this offseason. If Houston is a choice, how about Shane Battier?

Mo Evans + David Andersen (3-4 Million contract) for Shane Battier?

Shane Battier is the way way way better version of Mo Evans. He was in my opinion the defensive player of the year last year, adding him into our mix would be amazing.

Do you want to see Diesel's "Start Battier threads"? And he will actually have somewhat of an argument. We need another SF/PF/C that can rebound/block shots/ and play D.

Edited by GameTime

• Premium Member
I like the fact that Dorsey is a bruiser...just from memories at Memphis. Character issues worry me, if that's the case. We have a few potential "characters" on our team already.

None like this, though. He's a bit of a rough history, IIRC.

Do you want to see Diesel's "Start Battier threads"? And he will actually have somewhat of an argument. We need another SF/PF/C that can rebound/block shots/ and play D.

What's so bad about that? I actually wouldn't mind it if Battier starts if he's the guy we trade for. Having defense at the start of the game is always nice and Marvin on the bench will give us the best 6th-7th man players in the league.(Crawford, Williams).

As far as I'm concerned, not only do we need interior defense, we need perimeter defense as well. Shane Battier is one of the best, if not, THE BEST perimeter defender in the league.

They won't give up Battier. And I don't think Dorsey is worth anything. He'd never see the court. Landrey is intriguing but they aint giving him up either . . . . . but they do need a big.

I don't think Landry can be traded right? I thought he just recently got an offer sheet matched.

None like this, though. He's a bit of a rough history, IIRC.

You did.

You peaked my interest. Numerous troubles with the law. Harassing female students, started a bar fight, and drug charges. Could be more, I read enough.

• Premium Member
You did.

You peaked my interest. Numerous troubles with the law. Harassing female students, started a bar fight, and drug charges. Could be more, I read enough.

Yeah. Is it too late to take that idea back?

• Premium Member
They got three second round picks this year? Bundinger, Jermaine Taylor and Sergia Llull.

Any of them raise an eyebrow?

I was just about to post that. Taylor is further replication of the score-first guard the Hawks have in abundance.

Budinger. Yeah maybe. Couldn't hurt.

Llull would be great. He's only 21. Probably staying in Europe for two more years.

Cash wouldn't hurt either.

Edited by mrhonline