• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks bigs.

Diesel

What if we got Gooden and Petro for our big men.

In the process, we didn't get Marvin.

What would you think of the team?

I don't see where one has anything to do with the other? If we got Gooden, I don't see why we'd need Petro. I'd rather see us get Gooden and keep Marvin. If we got Gooden and Petro to go along with Smoove, Horford, and ZaZa, you'd really have a struggle working them all in while you'd have a serious lack of depth at SF/SG

• Premium Member

What if we got Gooden and Petro for our big men.

In the process, we didn't get Marvin.

What would you think of the team?

replace one of those guys with some Dale Davis and I'm in.

• Premium Member

You guys are funny to me.

Those bigs are free agents. They will make maybe MLE type money. The point is that we have no money. I doubt we exhaust the cap like we did last year. I heard Woody say that we were getting 2 more bigs. My question is where do you think they are coming from? I would love to tell you that somebody is just going to walk on and be better than Gooden, but that's not going to happen. I would love to tell you that we are fine as is... but that's not true. I would love to tell you that it's easy to get a big but our 8 years without a good big speaks otherwise. I would love to tell you that Horf has worked on his offense and will come back as a beast... but that's just hope. The truth is:

We shouldn't spend 8 million per on Marvin. He has had 4 years and he hasn't earned that kind of money.

We need a big for the Center position to be a strong, physical BU.

Gooden or Joe Smith would be great PF/Cs... but we also need a genuine 7 footer who can defend and rebound.

Now, if we resign Marvin, I would sign him to a 1 year 7.355 QO... and let him earn big money. I don't think he can. I actually think he's still injured and we're looking at Speedy/Hendu/Kenny the Snake.

• Premium Member

Those bigs are free agents. They will make maybe MLE type money. The point is that we have no money. I doubt we exhaust the cap like we did last year. I heard Woody say that we were getting 2 more bigs. My question is where do you think they are coming from? I would love to tell you that somebody is just going to walk on and be better than Gooden, but that's not going to happen. I would love to tell you that we are fine as is... but that's not true. I would love to tell you that it's easy to get a big but our 8 years without a good big speaks otherwise. I would love to tell you that Horf has worked on his offense and will come back as a beast... but that's just hope. The truth is:

We shouldn't spend 8 million per on Marvin. He has had 4 years and he hasn't earned that kind of money.

Gooden or Joe Smith would be great PF/Cs... but we also need a genuine 7 footer who can defend and rebound.

Now, if we resign Marvin, I would sign him to a 1 year 7.355 QO... and let him earn big money. I don't think he can. I actually think he's still injured and we're looking at Speedy/Hendu/Kenny the Snake.

I refer to it as being a baller on a budget. At this point the Hawks just need some size. Bringing those guys in makes this team 10X better than as is. Wonder why Woody is stressing big these days? Woody knows that his team has NO shot against the top-tier EC teams if they cannot defend the paint better.

Uhh did you also hear Woody say that MARVIN IS NEXT?

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the MLE have to be used to acquire any more FAs regardless of whether or not Marvin dissapears into the netherworld?

Yes, unless we are giving out a minimum contract. The LLE might be available. This thread = FAIL.

You are the one who's funny. I like some things about Gooden (good rebounder, decent scorer) but I certainly wouldn't want him in place of Marvin. Gooden got kicked out of SA so that they could sign old man McDyess. Gooden is out because he's inconsistent, he can't focus and he gets lost on D. he might end up being a bargain to somone because of those deficiencies. I will be surprised if he gets MLE money from anyone. Who knows, maybe he'll end up here ALONG WITH Marvin.

Petro might not be as good as Solo.

Off topic here but what the heck is that Panda about in your signature?

There was a funny gif going around about a Panda that freaked when it's baby sneezed. Someone did a photoshop and

made it seem like the Panda was reacting to a high restaurant bill and it caught me funny.

• Premium Member

You are the one who's funny. I like some things about Gooden (good rebounder, decent scorer) but I certainly wouldn't want him in place of Marvin. Gooden got kicked out of SA so that they could sign old man McDyess. Gooden is out because he's inconsistent, he can't focus and he gets lost on D. he might end up being a bargain to somone because of those deficiencies. I will be surprised if he gets MLE money from anyone. Who knows, maybe he'll end up here ALONG WITH Marvin.

Petro might not be as good as Solo.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but "Old Man McDyess" is a pretty good pick up for the money. He has been a lead scorer. He is filled with experience. And the last few seasons did not look like a player who has played too long. He looked like a good cog. That's not against Gooden. It's just expected that if you can get McDyess at a cheap price, you take him!