• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Summer of Sund cont...

Swatguy

Sund so far seems to be up to task, in terms of facilitating a roster. Last offseason's roster fill sans Chillz allowed Woody to go to camp with "enough" pieces. Mo and Flip turned the off-season into better than average.

Right now it seems to me, we have to fill the same questions(pieces needed) than last off-season.

I'm saying: I'm not as comfortable as some are with a rookie as the backup Point guard. Sure Jamal can do the backup but if he does, who will back up Joe?

You do not contend for a title while developing guys who will be needed on the court. We need a vet to back up Bibs. If it is Jamal, we need one for Joe.

Not counting Randy we have 9 (Marvin will be signed) guys. we need two bigs and a guard.

What makes sense is Solo as one big and Flip as the vet combo.

The other big shall be agile, can rebound and defend. No one has mentioned Big Baby.

I like Big Baby. Big Baby ate Al's lunch at the end of the season. Baby ate a lot in KG's absence.

I like Big Baby or Wilcox for the Back up PF position.

Here it is:

BigBaby/Wilcox

Solomon

Flip

and go to camp. Whatayathink?

I seriously doubt we sign another PG, veteran, to back up Bibby. Unless it's Flip. Flip would be the only option there, but it's a stretch. Minutes being the issue. The PG position is solid. The two guys that Sund brought in last year, will be the ones left out in the cold this year. Mo Evans will be lucky if he's playing 10 minutes a game. Injuries happen though, it would be nice to have depth.

Al's no slouch on defense. If Josh was on the bench, it was usually ZaZa and Horford on the floor together. If ZaZa was guarding opposing PF's, it would be a layup drill because he would frequently get beat by them. I love Zaza and think he's a great fit for the team, but not if we're going to expect him to guard PF's. If you put ZaZa on the floor with a guy like Rasho, you'd have 2 physical guys out there, but guys who are very slow. Teams could run breaks on us all night.

When Josh Smith was hurt, everybody on the opposing team was killing us with easy layups. Not to take away from Al, but he can't play 48 min. a game. Even if it isn't Rasho, the bottom line is we need a shot blocker off the bench and Gooden isn't and never will be that.