• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Interested in Ike Diogu

MaceCase

• Premium Member

So no one likes my Powe idea. Good solid backup PF, a bit of a risk signing him before he's healed but could be a great pay off.

Not something that a financially-tight team can risk. Dallas should sign him.

I agree. All we need is a guy who can come in and get 15+ min. a game and be effective. I think he could do well for us.

I like the idea of signing Ike. With him, ZaZa, Evans, Crawford, and Teague we could have one the most explosive 2nd teams in the league. If he wants minutes we would be a great place for him.

• Admin

So no one likes my Powe idea. Good solid backup PF, a bit of a risk signing him before he's healed but could be a great pay off.

Actually I really like Powe. He is a very solid player and would really contribute for us.

As for Ike, I think there is a reason he has bounced around the league so much and is not getting signed by his own team this year. It seems like teams do not believe in him or think that his injury past is something they will always have to deal with.

Personally, I will say that Joe Smith should be our target. A solid veteran who will rebound, play d and give us some post offense off the bench. He would be great for the team and great for our young guys. To be successful you need veteran players to help your young kids mature. We already have enough young guys...I want someone who I know will play the backup PF role well and contribute. We get that with Smith...Ike has not proven he can consistently bring it and I don't want to take that chance.

Actually I really like Powe. He is a very solid player and would really contribute for us.

As for Ike, I think there is a reason he has bounced around the league so much and is not getting signed by his own team this year. It seems like teams do not believe in him or think that his injury past is something they will always have to deal with.

Personally, I will say that Joe Smith should be our target. A solid veteran who will rebound, play d and give us some post offense off the bench. He would be great for the team and great for our young guys. To be successful you need veteran players to help your young kids mature. We already have enough young guys...I want someone who I know will play the backup PF role well and contribute. We get that with Smith...Ike has not proven he can consistently bring it and I don't want to take that chance.

I like Powe also...stated so in a reply to a AHF post. Smith is solid as you stated. I like Ike in that he is a offensive threat and at 260 2nd team PF is a great place for him. We need to fill two spots, I would really like to see Ike get one of them...If he can pass a physical he has some great upside.

I like Powe also...stated so in a reply to a AHF post. Smith is solid as you stated. I like Ike in that he is a offensive threat and at 260 2nd team PF is a great place for him. We need to fill two spots, I would really like to see Ike get one of them...If he can pass a physical he has some great upside.

Why Ike over Wilcox? They seem like similar players from what I've read in this thread.

Why Ike over Wilcox? They seem like similar players from what I've read in this thread.

PT and money may take Wilcox out of our plans. IMO Diogu would jump at the idea of getting 15-20 minutes a night and a deal around 2 years 4mill. Given his ability in the post I would hope the team takes a serious look at him.

PT and money may take Wilcox out of our plans. IMO Diogu would jump at the idea of getting 15-20 minutes a night and a deal around 2 years 4mill. Given his ability in the post I would hope the team takes a serious look at him.

Agreed. Looking at interviews I think he wants consistent playing time more than anything. If we can guarantee him at least 15-20 minutes a game I believe he would love to come here.

And to those who said he can't block shots, he average 22 points 10 rebounds and 2.5 blocks in college.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

Agreed. Looking at interviews I think he wants consistent playing time more than anything. If we can guarantee him at least 15-20 minutes a game I believe he would love to come here.

And to those who said he can't block shots, he average 22 points 10 rebounds and 2.5 blocks in college.

I know Diogu has had a lot of injuries over the last 2 years but he will NEVER be a good NBA shot blocker. He averaged around half a block a game his first 2 years before he started getting hurt. He has blocked a grand total of SIX shots over the last 2 years. I wouldn't mind having him at all for the right price but he is not going to solve our front court issues related to a lack of size, interior D and shotblocking. He is a good low post scorer though and we could certainly use that too.