• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Fight Night Round 4

Admin

I got this game about a week ago and I am severely addicted to it. I haven't played Fight Night since the first one so I don't know what type of improvements they've made since the last version but this game is so much fun I have a hard time putting it down.

I got this game about a week ago and I am severely addicted to it. I haven't played Fight Night since the first one so I don't know what type of improvements they've made since the last version but this game is so much fun I have a hard time putting it down.

I'm one of those that beat the computer on the toughest level possible when some others I know can't do it. But human to human I suck at these games.

I'm one of those that beat the computer on the toughest level possible when some others I know can't do it. But human to human I suck at these games.

I pretty much just play the computer but you have to fight a lot in this game to really "win" the game since you can only move up in the rankings a few spots at a time and you start in the 60's or 70's. So far I am 16 -3 with 9 KO's and I am ranked 16th in the light heavyweight division. Most of my fights go at least 6 rounds so that means you're looking at roughly 30 minutes per fight if it goes the distance.

I pretty much just play the computer but you have to fight a lot in this game to really "win" the game since you can only move up in the rankings a few spots at a time and you start in the 60's or 70's. So far I am 16 -3 with 9 KO's and I am ranked 16th in the light heavyweight division. Most of my fights go at least 6 rounds so that means you're looking at roughly 30 minutes per fight if it goes the distance.

With the computer you just got to really get a grasp of their habits

I still only got Fight Night round 3. But I can create a guy with zero abilities and still beat the computer on the hardest level majority of the time.

I will pick it up now since they are releasing dlc that will allow you to use the buttons to punch. I like the game but in th eheat of battle I want to be able to perform that punch that I want to. Those analog controls just wasn't doing it for me.

How is the career option Dolfan? Is it still repetitive and confusing? I hated RD 3 where you had the rival and even if you destroyed him they kept making a big deal of it.

I really can't say since I never played 2 or 3 but I can say that the "legacy" mode is a lot of fun and so far I've had one guy request an immediate rematch after we had an "ESPN Classic Bout" and I've had 2 other guys send me a "hey punk let's fight you need to prove yourself" fight request after one of my victories. It all seems pretty legit to me so far and it's fun to have an exhibition as Tyson or Ali or some of the other greats plus it's pretty cool to have the greats coming up through the ranks like you are and they are young fighters. Right now I'm trying to catch up to Roy Jones, Jr. and I think he's ranked around 3 and he's about 28 years old whereas I'm not 22 years old and ranked 16th I believe so I'm hoping that I'll get to catch him before he retires.

As far as it being confusing it makes sense to me. You have a weight class rank and a pound for pound rank and you fight guys who are as good as 4-5 spots higher than you in your weight class or as bad as 10 spots lower than you. So the fights should all be somewhat competitive and you can't move up or down in rank that quickly which seems pretty realistic to me.

With the computer you just got to really get a grasp of their habits

I still only got Fight Night round 3. But I can create a guy with zero abilities and still beat the computer on the hardest level majority of the time.

I promise you that if you had a fighter with zero abilities that you wouldn't beat the top guys like Tyson or Ali. You have to train between fights to increase your rankings in about 15 different categories and you can only improve 3-4 of those a few points in each training session and you start out around 50 in each of those categories.

I will pick it up now since they are releasing dlc that will allow you to use the buttons to punch. I like the game but in th eheat of battle I want to be able to perform that punch that I want to. Those analog controls just wasn't doing it for me.

I know what you mean, it's been a challenge for me to learn to use the analog stick in games the past year or two but I think I am finally getting comfortable with it and I can use the analog sticks and the trigger/bumper buttons without really thinking about it during a fight.

I got this game. Got bored with it after a week or so. They put too much emphasis on counter punching, so it gets repetitive.

Also, as a word of warning DO NOT ACCEPT ANY FIGHTS WHILE YOU'RE TRAINING FOR ONE ALREADY. Don't schedule a fight when you're in the middle of preparing for a fight, in other words. It's a glitch, and it ruins your legacy like it ruined mine.

I got this game. Got bored with it after a week or so. They put too much emphasis on counter punching, so it gets repetitive.

Also, as a word of warning DO NOT ACCEPT ANY FIGHTS WHILE YOU'RE TRAINING FOR ONE ALREADY. Don't schedule a fight when you're in the middle of preparing for a fight, in other words. It's a glitch, and it ruins your legacy like it ruined mine.

Counter punching is what boxing is all about so it should be a pretty big emphasis. The one downside though is that it's a lot more common to really inflict damage when you're counter punching than it is when you're just punching so you almost have to wait to counter in order to really hurt someone with a big punch.

The game gives you a warning saying that once you schedule a fight you cannot change it so I don't know if you were playing an older version or maybe it's because I haven't tried to schedule another fight after already scheduling one but I'm pretty sure you aren't even able to do that so maybe the game was patched or something.

I promise you that if you had a fighter with zero abilities that you wouldn't beat the top guys like Tyson or Ali. You have to train between fights to increase your rankings in about 15 different categories and you can only improve 3-4 of those a few points in each training session and you start out around 50 in each of those categories.

I beat them with counter punching mostly and the special punch.

Edited by Hotlanta1981