• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Watson leading the British Open

exodus

He is tied for the lead with 2 holes left. It is really hard to believe. Dude is 59 years old. Wow

I've been pulling for him all weekend. It's unprecedented what he did. He's running out of gas in the playoff. What a shame. But, still amazing.

Poor Stewart Cink. Guy is going after his first major win, and everyone in the world except his family is rooting against him.

I've been pulling for him all weekend. It's unprecedented what he did. He's running out of gas in the playoff. What a shame. But, still amazing.

Poor Stewart Cink. Guy is going after his first major win, and everyone in the world except his family is rooting against him.

A loooong time ago i followed Cink at Settingdown Creek when he was playing the Nike Tour Championship(now it is the Nationwide Tour). Straight hitter and controlled

player but he wasn't that long. Apparently he has changed his swing a bit and has picked up a lot of distance.

Tough to be going for your first major in those circumstances.

A loooong time ago i followed Cink at Settingdown Creek when he was playing the Nike Tour Championship(now it is the Nationwide Tour). Straight hitter and controlled

player but he wasn't that long. Apparently he has changed his swing a bit and has picked up a lot of distance.

Tough to be going for your first major in those circumstances.

That's cool. That must have been awile ago...haha. I have a story of my own, a long time ago. 92, maybe 93..Memorial in Dublin, OH...just a practice round, but that's the only time they sign autographs. Got some pretty decent ones, it turns out. Lee Janzen, John Daly, Peter Jacobsen, and the Golden Bear - out of pure luck - but anyway, the point of the story was I was a teenager just getting pro autographs, I thought it was such a rush - mobs of people around these dude's right?? Yes, well, me and my boy are sitting there watching this black man come off the green (no, not Tiger LOL) and there was nobody around him. Nobody approaching him for a signature, but we didn't care, we were getting as many as we could. Well, we go up to this guy, ask him, he gets this HUGE smile and gracefully signs and Thanks us!! Kinda, I could barely understand his English. At the time, I couldn't read his signature, no idea who he was. Then a couple years later when he started winning consistently, then later the majors came. Good ol' Vijay Singh. Other than Jack, my prized autograph, golf wise.

Don't get me started on how many times I've staked out Cleveland for the Hawks. Got Smitty, Mookie, Ty, Lenny, the whole gang! even Jeff Shephard fror cryin out loud. The whole team on one ball, but one guy didn't sign - Deke. He just groaned at me "I don't sign on gamedays".....later I found out it was a Georgetown thing. Neither he, Ewing, or Mourning ever gave autographs on game day. I'm still pissed about that.....

• 2 weeks later...

That's cool. That must have been awile ago...haha. I have a story of my own, a long time ago. 92, maybe 93..Memorial in Dublin, OH...just a practice round, but that's the only time they sign autographs. Got some pretty decent ones, it turns out. Lee Janzen, John Daly, Peter Jacobsen, and the Golden Bear - out of pure luck - but anyway, the point of the story was I was a teenager just getting pro autographs, I thought it was such a rush - mobs of people around these dude's right?? Yes, well, me and my boy are sitting there watching this black man come off the green (no, not Tiger LOL) and there was nobody around him. Nobody approaching him for a signature, but we didn't care, we were getting as many as we could. Well, we go up to this guy, ask him, he gets this HUGE smile and gracefully signs and Thanks us!! Kinda, I could barely understand his English. At the time, I couldn't read his signature, no idea who he was. Then a couple years later when he started winning consistently, then later the majors came. Good ol' Vijay Singh. Other than Jack, my prized autograph, golf wise.

Don't get me started on how many times I've staked out Cleveland for the Hawks. Got Smitty, Mookie, Ty, Lenny, the whole gang! even Jeff Shephard fror cryin out loud. The whole team on one ball, but one guy didn't sign - Deke. He just groaned at me "I don't sign on gamedays".....later I found out it was a Georgetown thing. Neither he, Ewing, or Mourning ever gave autographs on game day. I'm still pissed about that.....

Nice story about Vijay. I have heard that he is cool in person although pretty aloof to the press. My arms would fall off if i tried to hit as many balls as he does. I have enough nagging injuries as it is.

I was never really into autographs but i hear Phil is really good about signing them.