• Raised $440 of $700 target

So why haven't we signed a "big" yet?

Blunt91

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping for maybe Joe Smith, Drew Gooden, Big Ben from the "big names". Joel Anthony would have been nice but he re-signed with the Heat. I'd be okay with Mags or Skinner.

I would be happy with all of those.............I would be happy with big Gray too.

• Premium Member

I would be happy with all of those.............I would be happy with big Gray too.

yep...beggars ought not be choosy.

I agree that any of Gooden, Smith or Wallace would bring something good to the table for this team. I'd throw Rasho into that mix as well. All have flaws and none have everything we need but all could contribute.

All things being equal, I'd probably go with Gooden. I think he is the most talented of the bunch and he's the youngest by a significant amount BUT he can be somewhat of a head case and he struggles with defensive assignments which will drive Woody crazy. He's also not much of a shotblocker. Still, at times, he can be a difference maker with his scoring/rebounding.

If Wallace wants to play, I'd probably put him next on my wish list. He is tough, he still rebounds and blocks shots and he knows Woody's defensive system. I could put up with his horrible FT shooting and non-existent offensive game IF he wants to play. A motivated Ben Wallace, even with his diminshed athleticism, would be a good player to have for 10-15 mpg.

Rasho has the most length/size and we need that for sure. He plays good post D, he makes open shots and he's a smart player who plays within himself. I don't see him as a difference maker or spark plug off the bench but I don't think he would hurt us either and that is better than what we have after Zaza right now.

Joe Smith would be similar to Rasho in that he wouldn't hurt you but I don't see him as a difference maker or spark plug either. I think he would likely be a great fit in the locker room because he is an ultra-professional. He would set a really good example for Al, Smoove, Marv, Zaza and Teague.

• Premium Member

Fixed

If you were to truly look at his moves objectively you'd see that he has re-signed "BK's talent" to extremely cap friendly contracts while adding ancillary pieces in Mo and Flip that were a large reason why we won 47 games last year and made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. I expect that this year will be no different and we'll find bargain basement players with something to prove and I also expect that the fans here will be impatient about it (myself included) and come next season we'll be praising his low dollar acquisitions.

Please note that I was just as critical of fans that gave BK props for clearing cap space. I've never been onboard with giving guys credit for doing things they're paid to do. Now if he can bring in a bigger/defensive version of Flip then I'll consider crowning him but until then the compliments shall cease.

• Premium Member

Grab Joe Smith and Rasho Nesteravic and we are GOLDEN.

Not sure if it is realistic to get both of these players. The third big man off the bench seldom gets playing time (ZaZa being the first) hence it would not make sense to pay that much for that kind of player.