• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Marvin = The master of falling short!

Diesel

• Premium Member

I just reviewed a "Classic" thread that related to Marvin's success as a hawk... Very Interesting.

Here's some comments about those 2 requirements I gave:

"I would say that those numbers are very fair. " - Dolfan.

"I agree." -Swish

"I agree the raw numbers are attainable (pts, rbs, asts) " -atlsportsfan

"I'd like to put my stamp of approval on these measurables. I think that this is a reasonable statistical contribution from Marvin, one that we should expect from him if he continues to progress like he should." - JHay610

"Thanks, Diesel. I believe your expectations are valid. Some things may not be what we get,

but the overall totals should be there. " -Grey Mule

Well, 1 year has passed. The Mark for success has not been broken... in fact, he has one backwards in several ways.

Comments?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Seriously. You will be relegated to spam status if you keep this garbage up. Everyone knows how you feel. Quit starting multiple threads on the same topic.

Who are YOU?

Had you taken the time to read, this is a follow-up to a thread from last year.

Had Marvin made the grade, there would be hundreds of posts suggesting that Marvin was ____________ and told you so Diesel. However, you because Marvin failed yet again, you're going to deny me the opportunity to follow up what was started and agreed upon last year?

I'm tickled that you would have the gall to press the add reply key and then talk as if you owned the site.

I just reviewed a "Classic" thread that related to Marvin's success as a hawk... Very Interesting.

Here's some comments about those 2 requirements I gave:

"I would say that those numbers are very fair. " - Dolfan.

"I agree." -Swish

"I agree the raw numbers are attainable (pts, rbs, asts) " -atlsportsfan

"I'd like to put my stamp of approval on these measurables. I think that this is a reasonable statistical contribution from Marvin, one that we should expect from him if he continues to progress like he should." - JHay610

"Thanks, Diesel. I believe your expectations are valid. Some things may not be what we get,

but the overall totals should be there. " -Grey Mule

Well, 1 year has passed. The Mark for success has not been broken... in fact, he has one backwards in several ways.

Comments?

Gotta love the way Diesel edits the comments from other people. If you are going to quote a sentence, but leave out key parts of that sentence, then you aren't really quoting them you are manipulating their words. Typical Diesel.

snoophateradelogo.gif

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If the Stated Goal is:

• 17.0 PPG
  • 6.3 RPG
  • 2.5 APG
  • 47.9 FG%
  • 0.364 3PT%

and Marv's 08-09 Stats are:

• 13.9 PPG
  • 6.3 RPG
  • 1.3 APG
  • 45.8 FG%
  • 0.355 3PT%

Then Marv underperformed. Right?

• Premium Member

If the Stated Goal is:

• 17.0 PPG
  • 6.3 RPG
  • 2.5 APG
  • 47.9 FG%
  • 0.364 3PT%

• 13.9 PPG
  • 6.3 RPG
  • 1.3 APG
  • 45.8 FG%
  • 0.355 3PT%

Definitely.

He fell short of the goal.

Just about everybody who commented last year said that goal was fair. I heard words like attainable, fair, valid, and so on. It's a year later and he didn't live up to it. What now, we grade on a curve?

Definitely.

He fell short of the goal.

Just about everybody who commented last year said that goal was fair. I heard words like attainable, fair, valid, and so on. It's a year later and he didn't live up to it. What now, we grade on a curve?

Speaking of fair why don't you post the full comments of the people you quoted?

If the Stated Goal is:

• 17.0 PPG
  • 6.3 RPG
  • 2.5 APG
  • 47.9 FG%
  • 0.364 3PT%

• 13.9 PPG
  • 6.3 RPG
  • 1.3 APG
  • 45.8 FG%
  • 0.355 3PT%

Deng was the first scoring option for the Bulls starting unit and the 2nd scroing option later in games behind Ben Gordon.

Marvin was our 4th scoring option. That easily explains the 3.1 ppg disparity based on the different roles they played for their team

Both are solid defenders

Both are equally good at rebounding from the SF position

Marvin fell 2.1 FG % and 0.9% 3PT% under goals you crearted for him. Is that all it takes to be the "Master of Falling Short ?"

You are a man without logic or reason.

Seriously. You will be relegated to spam status if you keep this garbage up. Everyone knows how you feel. Quit starting multiple threads on the same topic.

Agreed 100%. Hopefully once the season starts he will be able to come up with something original; but until Marvin is signed or traded during this offseason ...it is going to be nothing but Marvin hate....Diesel is now 100% ignored until the season starts.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Speaking of fair why don't you post the full comments of the people you quoted?

Give me an example of anything I quoted that was not the intent of the poster?

Would you have liked it if I quoted the whole post?

• Premium Member

Deng was the first scoring option for the Bulls starting unit and the 2nd scroing option later in games behind Ben Gordon.

Marvin was our 4th scoring option. That easily explains the 3.1 ppg disparity based on the different roles they played for their team

Both are solid defenders

Both are equally good at rebounding from the SF position

Marvin fell 2.1 FG % and 0.9% 3PT% under goals you crearted for him. Is that all it takes to be the "Master of Falling Short ?"

You are a man without logic or reason.

Sounds like more excuses.

In his fourth year, Deng was 2nd option to Ben Gordon.

However, Why couldn't Marvin be our 2nd option?

I will let EDS's post at the time stand for an answer here:

I don't buy the whole "fourth option" excuse.

If Marvin Williams was better he would be the number one option and an all-star. It is not like he is on a veteran championship contending team where as a young guy he needs to defer to older teamates. Half the team is the same age as he is.

It is not like someone told the rest of the Celtics that Pierce is the number one option now, defer to him. They defer to him because he is better. He knows it, the rest of the team knows it, the coach knows it, etc. Same reason why JJ is the number one guy in Atlanta. Everyone knows he is the best player on the team

Give me an example of anything I quoted that was not the intent of the poster?

Would you have liked it if I quoted the whole post?

No i would have liked it if you had quoted the WHOLE SENTENCE.

Lets look at the quote you attributed to Dolfan.

"I would say that those numbers are very fair. "

Now lets look at what he actually said.

Other than asking Marvin to all of the sudden shoot the 3 almost as well as JJ being highly unrealistic I would say that those numbers are very fair.

When you quote a sentence and don't include the whole sentence then you aren't really quoting him, you are manipulating his words.

When you quote a sentence and don't include the whole sentence then you aren't really quoting him, you are manipulating his words.

But how can he get the same reaction if he doesn't manipulate the words?

And Diesel I really hope that you seek help for this obsession that you have with Marvin it's not healthy.

• Premium Member

But how can he get the same reaction if he doesn't manipulate the words?

And Diesel I really hope that you seek help for this obsession that you have with Marvin it's not healthy.

How does the unquoted part change the intent?

And you dol.. Did I misquote you?

• Premium Member

So you've made this mountain out of one quote?

Alright... Erase that quote. The rest are valid... or did you not want to share that part? You're doing a lot of misleading yourself.

How does the unquoted part change the intent?

And you dol.. Did I misquote you?

The intent was changed when you decided to be deceptive with your use of quotes.

I believe that Exodus detailed exactly how you misquoted me Diesel and I'm confident that you knew what you were doing.

The funny part is that you could have quoted that entire sentence and your point would have still been valid in this thread, tiresome, but valid. According to those numbers that you created Marvin slightly underachieved in points (we're talking 1 FG difference per game here) and was pretty much on the level with everything else.

• Premium Member

The intent was changed when you decided to be deceptive with your use of quotes.

I believe that Exodus detailed exactly how you misquoted me Diesel and I'm confident that you knew what you were doing.

The funny part is that you could have quoted that entire sentence and your point would have still been valid in this thread, tiresome, but valid. According to those numbers that you created Marvin slightly underachieved in points (we're talking 1 FG difference per game here) and was pretty much on the level with everything else.

The funny part is that in the thread, I thought we discussed this back in that classic thread. You'll notice I talked about the making excuses (which that part was) then.