• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Woody's viewpoint going into last season.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Smith scores 8.4 ppg inside but only 3 ppg on dunks.

http://www.82games.com/0809/08ATL11.HTM

He scores a lot in the half court by posting up and coming across the middle for a hook. He also beats other 4s off the dribble. Watch a game sometime. You might learn something.

For comparison

Bosh scored 6.9 ppg inside.

Amare scored 8.4 ppg inside.

Duncan scored 7.5 ppg inside.

Boozer scored 7.9 ppg inside.

The idea that Smith sets up on the perimeter to guard against turnover fast breaks is one of the dumbest things i have ever seen you post at that is saying something given all the competition. The Hawks averaged 12.8 turnovers per game, 6th fewest in the NBA.

Actually, I've watched just about every game this season. I have seen a few cases of him coming across with the hook... but this other stuff you made up... especially him posting up is laughable...

The truth is that Smoove doesn't have a goto move on the inside. That's why when he's all alone at the three point line, he shoots the boneheaded shot.

Edited by Diesel

Actually, I've watched just about every game this season. I have seen a few cases of him coming across with the hook... but this other stuff you made up... especially him posting up is laughable...

The truth is that Smoove doesn't have a goto move on the inside. That's why when he's all alone at the three point line, he shoots the boneheaded shot.

So Smith doesn't beat other 4s off the dribble or post up? I just made that up?

6a00d8341bf68b53ef01156e627ac2970c-800wi

Edited by exodus

• Premium Member

So Smith doesn't beat other 4s off the dribble or post up? I just made that up?

I believe so. I don't care to know why... but Smith doesn't post up. Beating 4s off the dribble is??? Sometimes he does, sometimes he turns the ball over. However nothing he does inside is consistent. Otherwise, nobody would ever complain about Smoove. Otherwise, there would be no lulls in the Hawks offense. You're making Smoove sound like Amare, when he's not even a poor man's Amare. He doesn't post up anybody because he doesn't have a post up game yet. He doesn't even know which way to turn to get his back to the basket. So am I calling you a liar? I hope that you're mistaken. But I am calling you childish.

I believe so. I don't care to know why... but Smith doesn't post up. Beating 4s off the dribble is??? Sometimes he does, sometimes he turns the ball over. However nothing he does inside is consistent. Otherwise, nobody would ever complain about Smoove. Otherwise, there would be no lulls in the Hawks offense. You're making Smoove sound like Amare, when he's not even a poor man's Amare. He doesn't post up anybody because he doesn't have a post up game yet. He doesn't even know which way to turn to get his back to the basket. So am I calling you a liar? I hope that you're mistaken. But I am calling you childish.

How did he shoot 49% from the field, by far his career best, it he..

-can't shoot from the outside

-dosn't post up

-can't beat 4s off the dribble

?????