• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yahoo.com: Marvin Williams resigns with Atlanta

MrNique

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Asp8F05rZr6KItyqMmjunJu8vLYF?slug=mc-williams072909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

The Atlanta Hawks and restricted free-agent forward Marvin Williams(notes) reached an agreement on an undisclosed contract on Wednesday, a source told Yahoo! Sports.

Williams averaged 13.9 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 61 games last season. The 23-year-old was selected by Atlanta with the second overall pick in the 2005 NBA draft.

This was tweeted about 10 minutes ago:

@YahooSportsNBA Hawks free agent forward Marvin Williams and the Hawks have worked out an agreement, a source tells Yahoo! Sports. More details to come.

Edited by gsuteke

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@YahooSportsNBA Hawks free agent forward Marvin Williams and the Hawks have worked out an agreement, a source tells Yahoo! Sports. More details to come.

I hope it's true. It'll be interesting to see what the contract is.

But dang . . if it is true, someone beat Sekou to the "tweet"?

Expects Sekou to come off his vacation early to write a blog shutting down this news in

Now the anxiety waiting to see if any of this is true. Hopefully Joe Smith in the fold right after?

Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome

I hope this is true but I'm not holding my breath this time. If it is true cue Diesel having a panic attack in

LOL. deisel is definitely having a panic attack....but as for me I hope its true and Im am happy with the deal being done,(if true anyways) great job sund!

yeah give us a link when you get more of the details. I hope its true cause I cant find anything on any other website about this!

Sure hope its true. They have to ge the Marvin situation taken care of so that they know exactly how much money they are working with going forward. If they get Marvin inked soon, I have a feeling that Joe Smith will be inked soon thereafter. If they can't get Marvin signed soon though, we could lose Smith because he gets a better offer elsewhere.

Sure hope its true. They have to ge the Marvin situation taken care of so that they know exactly how much money they are working with going forward. If they get Marvin inked soon, I have a feeling that Joe Smith will be inked soon thereafter. If they can't get Marvin signed soon though, we could lose Smith because he gets a better offer elsewhere.

1. Get Marvin signed (7-8 million starting for 5 years)

2. Get Joe Smith signed (~3 million for 1-2 years)

3. Then look to bring in a project 5 like Robert Swift, Johan Petro, etc.

I hate twitter

Now it's back as of 2 minutes ago

yahoo reports marvin williams returning to atlanta

2 minutes ago from mobile web

They are trully teasing us if it dissapears again.

Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome