• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What did we get?

Diesel

Now that Marvin is signed, the question is What did we get?

Comparing him to others in his FAcy class reveals something.

Marvinvstherest.jpg?t=1248909458

That's Millions vs. PER.

What we got is an important player back! you hatin mutha****a. Marv deserves to be here! So just leave it alone. He has improved every year in the NBA and last year he even got himself a nice 3pt and it will get better this year cause again marv improves himself every year and will continue to do so. Damn man he's on the team for the next 4 years now (according to yahoo) so you mine as well like it and get over it! SHEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Premium Member

I really like the chart idea, but there's not enough players.

I feel like crap today, but as soon as I get a chance I'll do this for more players. I can sort my salary chart by annual salary, so that would gives us a better reference.

I'm glad we got Marv back. The main reason I think we drafted him is for this upcoming contract. The first 4 years he was just too young. I think he will be a very solid and key member for the Hawks for the next 5 years and beyond. Ok, now lets go out and get Joe Smith and we will pretty much be set. Sorry Diesel I know this is upsetting news to you but hopefully Marv will impress.

• Premium Member

I really like the chart idea, but there's not enough players.

I feel like crap today, but as soon as I get a chance I'll do this for more players. I can sort my salary chart by annual salary, so that would gives us a better reference.

I only looked at those who were signed this year (or rumored signed: Odom). However, I think that players falling under this CBA with Sf skillsets would be a great comparative tool.

My calculation suggest that Marvin should have been signed a little cheaper if we use PER. I think Hawks owners were probably more right in the beginning but caved.

BTW for those who question PER, I suggest you find your own evaluation tool. I didn't use Tendex or anything else simply because PER was right there.

For those of you bellyaching about us getting a needed player, that wasn't the intent of the question. This was a question about relative value. Hence, the chart.

• Premium Member

I'm glad we got Marv back. The main reason I think we drafted him is for this upcoming contract. The first 4 years he was just too young. I think he will be a very solid and key member for the Hawks for the next 5 years and beyond. Ok, now lets go out and get Joe Smith and we will pretty much be set. Sorry Diesel I know this is upsetting news to you but hopefully Marv will impress.

I'm not upset at all. I would have been upset if we had lost Marvin for nothing. Some of you guys actually believe the lies that are told about me.

R.I.P. Diesel. Give up the bulls.., he's with us for five more years.

• Premium Member

Looking harder at Drew Gooden.

I used to love Gooden coming out of Kansas. I don't like the beard. However, looking at him... at one point, he was a 14/9 player in 30 minutes.

Do you think Gooden would have been a good fit here?

If so, where/when would he have played??

He's 6'10 230.

Typical case of over saturation . . . . . like when the cable news channels keep saying that same thing over and over again when something happens and they don't have anything new to say.

I guess this is how he does it? Just keeps responding to his own posts with more STUFF.

But I won't go on like him . . . . . . I'll stop.

• Premium Member

Where's Ariza?

And Villanueva BLOWS regardless of his numbers. No toughness, rebounding, posting or inside game.

I added in Ariza and Artest. Both about 6.8 Million and 15.5 and 15.6 PER respectively. It changed the chart but it still says that according to the trendline: Gooden and Charlie V. are underpaid and Marvin and Odom are overpaid.

As far as Charlie V. as a player. I think that his on-court abilities showed this past year. He was a much better player than anyone could have conceived from previous years. If you want to talk about "stepping up" CV and RS stepped up (even if they went nowhere).