• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Could ATL sign Wade, Bosh, etc. in 2010?

TeagueForMVP

Could the Hawks sign D Wade, Bosh, Amare? preferably wade in 2010?

If we let JJ go?

Would we be contenders?

Lineup if we got wade.

Bibby

Wade

Williams

Smith

Horford

Lineup if we got Bosh

Bibby

Crawford

Smith (if he improves outside shooting) or Williams

Horford

Bosh

Lineup if we got Amare

Bibby

Crawford

Horford

Amare

which of these you think would be the best?

Could the Hawks sign D Wade, Bosh, Amare? preferably wade in 2010?

If we let JJ go?

Would we be contenders?

Lineup if we got wade.

Bibby

Wade

Williams

Smith

Horford

Lineup if we got Bosh

Bibby

Crawford

Horford

Bosh

Lineup if we got Amare

Bibby

Crawford

Horford

Amare

which of these you think would be the best?

I think a lineup of Bibby, Wade, Williams, Smith, and Horford is championship caliber.

Our team as currently constructed will not be players in 2010 free agency. The plan for now is to retain our own free agents and grow internally, if that doesn't yield results then look forward to core members to be traded either this season or further upcoming seasons.

Is there a chance JJ leaves?

Problem is the Hawks don't have one top 10 player on their whole team.JJ,Marivn,Smoove,Bibby,Horford none are top 10 players and when a player like Bosh or Wade are available you make room. I think were in for a let down with this current Hawks team. I don't see the great basketball IQ that you need i n core players to win championships. Wade,Bosh and a few others have it t herefore it would be dumb to just settle for what we have if a top player became available and the Hawks were content just keeping status quo.

Edited by thescout5

• Premium Member

well im just saying since jj is a free agent next year

and if we dont sign him we will have more money to spend and we could possibly get a bigger free agent than jj

And I'm refuting that. It's not simply about how much money you, you also have to factor in cap space. The Hawks will not have cap space if they let JJ walk.

They would have to let JJ walk AND trade one of Smith, Marvin, or Crawford. That'd be an awfully risky move and is extremely unlikely.

well im just saying since jj is a free agent next year

and if we dont sign him we will have more money to spend and we could possibly get a bigger free agent than jj

Its not that simple.

There are cap rules.

We can bring JJ back easier then other guys b/c we CAN go over the cap to resign our own FAs but CANNOT go over the cap to STEAL away other team's free agents.

Its not that simple.

There are cap rules.

We can bring JJ back easier then other guys b/c we CAN go over the cap to resign our own FAs but CANNOT go over the cap to STEAL away other team's free agents.

Thank you. Hope this clears up the situation for everyone.

• Premium Member

Well the Hawks orgainization is kinda funny, well really sad. Top teams like the Lakers, when they need a player go and get that player. When the Hawks need a player all you get is excuses about the cap and the luxury tax.

Top organizations in sports and business find a way to exceed and stay on top. The Hawks organization and ownership want to be competitive to a point , put fans in the stands, and make money. You have to spend money to make money whether it is business or sports. The Hawks don't seem to have the commitment to go over the top. For example, this offseason the Hawks main objective besides signing their players , was to obtain a veteran big man. Where are they in that? They hyoe Syler who was passed over TWICE in the draft including them by all teams.

The Hawks will not go deep into the playoffs until the commitment is made. I also think it is safe to say the Hawks will never be players for free agents with this ownership group. I hope I am proven wrong.

• Moderators

Well the Hawks orgainization is kinda funny, well really sad. Top teams like the Lakers, when they need a player go and get that player. When the Hawks need a player all you get is excuses about the cap and the luxury tax.

The Lakers don't have the cap room to sign Wade either.

• Premium Member

If Smoove doesn't show any considerable growth in his overall game, it may be time to move him after this season, if you want to get a star player.

Be praying he shows growth, then. Because after this season he is still owed $37.2M over three years AND a trade kicker of over $5M.

And I'm refuting that. It's not simply about how much money you, you also have to factor in cap space. The Hawks will not have cap space if they let JJ walk.

They would have to let JJ walk AND trade one of Smith, Marvin, or Crawford. That'd be an awfully risky move and is extremely unlikely.

One other alternative would be to try to work out a sign and trade sending JJ to MIA and Wade here or JJ to TOR and Bosh here. Would JJ and an unprotected 1st for Wade (or Bosh) and a future 2nd be enough to entice either team to do a deal? Under normal circumstances, I would say no way MIA or TOR does those deals but what if MIA's (or TOR's) alternative was to lose Wade (or Bosh) to NY (or elsewhere) for nothing? Of course JJ would have to agree to such a deal as well and I don't know why he would want to go to a rebuilding team rather than just re-up here but you never know.

If Smoove doesn't show any considerable growth in his overall game, it may be time to move him after this season, if you want to get a star player.

What's considerable growth in his game from almost 16ppg and more than 7 boards, in one year? Let alone energy, blocks, dunks, and out of your seat plays? What do you expect from a player that is just beginning his prime?...and putting up those numbers? One or two less bad three point attempts?

I'd rather have:

PG - Bibby

SG - Wade

SF - Johnson

PF - Smith

C - Horford

That starting 5 could put up a lot of points and be a solid defensive team......

Who wouldn't? Geesh??

Why not just throw LeBron in at the one and Bosh at the four....it would be just as likely to happen.