• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Chard Ford - Hawks look even stronger than last season

Admin

Nothing special in this article but I do have to say it's nice to read him saying something good about the Hawks. Not even a jab about passing up Paul or Deron can you believe it?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4382788

The Atlanta Hawks reached an agreement in principle with free agent forward Marvin Williams, a source close to the process told ESPN.com.

Williams is expected to sign a five year, $37.5 million contract as early as Friday, according to the source. The deal also has some hard to reach incentives that could boost the value of the contract to $43 million.

Williams' agreement came after more than a week of speculation and reports that a deal was done, but sources close to both sides of the process insisted that the deal was close but not done. Now, it appears that both sides are ready to take that final step.

Once Williams signs, the Hawks end an expensive summer that allowed them to essentially bring back all the key pieces from a team that made it to the second round of the playoffs last season.

The team re-signed free agents Mike Bibby and Zaza Pachulia earlier this summer, and they are currently in talks with Joe Johnson about signing an extension. Factor in the addition of Jamal Crawford via trade and first round draft pick Jeff Teague and the Hawks look even stronger than last season.

• Like 1

""The deal also has some hard to reach incentives that could boost the value of the contract to $43 million.""

I wonder what incentives Ford thinks are hard to reach.

That is what I was wondering too.

I wonder if some of the incentives could be:

40% or better 3pt FG %

49 % FG %

20 ppg

7.5 rpg

All Star Appearance

All Defensive Team

Those may be a bit excessive but I would say all of those would be hard to reach but are good goals to shoot for at just 23 and still developing.

40% or better 3pt FG %

49 % FG %

20 ppg

7.5 rpg

All Star Appearance

All Defensive Team

Those may be a bit excessive but I would say all of those would be hard to reach but are good goals to shoot for at just 23 and still developing.

Maybe playing in all 82 games could be one of them

40% or better 3pt FG %

49 % FG %

20 ppg

7.5 rpg

All Star Appearance

All Defensive Team

We all wanted Marvin to be more aggressive and become a star. Now he has the monetary incentive to make it happen.

""The deal also has some hard to reach incentives that could boost the value of the contract to $43 million.""

I wonder what incentives Ford thinks are hard to reach.

If it's Ford speculating then maybe it's to contact Doc Brown and go back to 2005 and talk Billy Knight into drafting Chris Paul or Deron Williams?

I don't think the incentives will be tied to games played, at least not 82 games played as that's unrealistic. More than likely it's tied to his aggressiveness via PPG or FGA as well as team achievements like winning the division, conference, championship.